Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apparently I had the wrong middleton there, was Pippa not Kate. Lack of coffee at fault as my wife definitely said Pippa and I thought that waswjat I typed! (I would really hope Kate could avoid CW on an LGW 772).

First was full, with an average age of about 12 from what I could see, fairly obvious as they board through a separate door.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
They've been in Mustique, apparently, but I am quite surprised the future king is allowed to fly CW on a knackered old 777.
There would have been some reason, probably related to the security operation.

Prince Harry and (the then soon to be) Duchess of Sussex were on a BA flight to NCE around the New Year. They sat at the very back row, skip hats on, with SO14 to the side and front and a couple of rows blocked off.

Last edited by everGLAdes; Aug 1, 2018 at 9:41 am
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
They've been in Mustique, apparently, but I am quite surprised the future king is allowed to fly CW on a knackered old 777.
entirely correct to be surprised... I fixed the typo to name the right Middleton
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are due back soon, William has an event on the 8th
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More importantly Pippa is wealthier than Kate why is she slumming it in CW.
pacenotes likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
...Doesn't explain why Catherine and William aren't in F though.
I think the obsession with First probably wears off after a while.

Though not on FT, of course
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think the obsession with First probably wears off after a while.

Though not on FT, of course
I'm not talking comfort, just from a security standpoint with such high profile passengers putting them in a smaller 14 seat cabin is surely just easier.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I'm not talking comfort, just from a security standpoint with such high profile passengers putting them in a smaller 14 seat cabin is surely just easier.
I thought of that, but we travelled across the aisle from the king of Sweden, accompanied ony by a single factotum (him, not us ). And I graciously gave up my seat to allow (a) queen of Malaysia to sit with her attendant between Jakarta and KL.

Then again there was the queen of Spain on Ryanair.

So I think the royals, and those entrusted with their security, probably take a hard-nosed look at options for private travel.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On these personal trips, as Catherine is on Mustique, they are paid for by the Duchy of Cornwall estate. It depends on how well the estate is doing financially to facilitate flying first on holiday. The profit is now spread between William and family Harry and wife and Charles and Camilla. With two new people joining the outgoings this past few months, I suspect areas are needed to cut back on.

The accounts are here http://duchyofcornwall.org/financial-statements.html if you ever wondered about their finances.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I’m not very good at this game but I think Rick Parfitt just walked into the First Lounge at Gatters.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by tuff
Im not very good at this game but I think Rick Parfitt just walked into the First Lounge at Gatters.
I would venture that unlikely.....he died in 2016!
Fraser, Shingi, zafiragirl and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by tuff
Im not very good at this game but I think Rick Parfitt just walked into the First Lounge at Gatters.
isnt he dead?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius

isnt he dead?
i told you I wasnt any good at this game! Does he have a brother?
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by mrvincent
I saw quite a few golfers on Monday evening at EDI - but have no idea who any of them actually are.
I was the only non-golfer in Club a few weeks ago flying DUS to LHR... Not seen 7 rows of Club on that route in a long time! Had a great chat with the guy celebrated getting second at some European Tour event with lots of champagne.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
Robin Li in the CCR this evening - completely shocked that he isn't a private jet guy..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.