Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 10:25 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
He thinks that drinking with First Class passengers is having the common touch
endoman likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Bear Grylls in the security line at JFK this evening.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by Speedbird92A
One Mr William Walsh on this mornings IB3163 (BA512) to Madrid this morning. Also seemed to have a stalker in tow that kept coming from behind the curtain to chat with him and ask for autographs and selfies. Sat in 1D and quickly whisked away via private minibuse on arrival at MAD T4
Friday Evening 4th May, Alex Cruz and his family. Obviously not as important as Sir Willie, they sat at the front of economy (and there were 2 business seats free).
Also, unlike Willie, he trundled down the normal exit from the end of 'H' Gates at Madrid. Quite a long walk too!
Old May 8, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Friday Evening 4th May, Alex Cruz and his family. Obviously not as important as Sir Willie, they sat at the front of economy (and there were 2 business seats free).
Also, unlike Willie, he trundled down the normal exit from the end of 'H' Gates at Madrid. Quite a long walk too!
Shame he didn't sit towards the middle or rear and then order something from BoB, only to be told we've run out of that a few rows back...

Instead he probably got all his choices (at the front) and thinks BoB is wonderfully successful or am I being too mean?!!
Old May 8, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Shame he didn't sit towards the middle or rear and then order something from BoB, only to be told we've run out of that a few rows back...

Instead he probably got all his choices (at the front) and thinks BoB is wonderfully successful or am I being too mean?!!
Yes very mean! The flights to Madrid are a bit odd as they are Operating by BA from LHR only, but they are Iberia metal. So not BA BoB anyhow, Iberia BoB I guess! Which he has no control over anyhow!
Old May 8, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by cheshirepete

Yes very mean! The flights to Madrid are a bit odd as they are Operating by BA from LHR only, but they are Iberia metal. So not BA BoB anyhow, Iberia BoB I guess! Which he has no control over anyhow!
Ah! Sorry I misread that and thought it was BA metal. I’ll take that back then
Old May 8, 2018, 4:13 pm

On the BA315 yesterday. CDG-LHR. Treated to two celebs. Robert Carlyle in CE and Adrian Child’s in ET.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Lewis Hamilton, according to his Instagram story was trying to make his way back from NYC but the flight was delayed by 3 hours due to a fuel leak hence all passengers had to be evacuated...
Old May 9, 2018, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Wonder if he'll sign up to FT for some EC261 advice...
Old May 9, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
I wonder why he was flying on a commercial airline when he has his own jet to 'play' with:

https://www.private-jet-fan.com/lewis_hamilton_jet.html
Old May 9, 2018, 10:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Paren
Lewis Hamilton, according to his Instagram story was trying to make his way back from NYC but the flight was delayed by 3 hours due to a fuel leak hence all passengers had to be evacuated...
yes that was an interesting flight. Boarded on time. Announced there was a small fault with the fuel system but was rectified. Last fuel was then being loaded. Next thing captain made an announcement to evacuate and leave everything behind, we were still attached to the air bridge. All seemed quite orderly but swift. We were pushed in to the gate area. You could see the fuel leak under the aircraft. Captain made an announcement in the gate area, the refueller has got a load of fuel on him but was ok fortunately. Initially appeared it could be cleaned up, the fault fixed, and we could reboard later but that wasn’t to be. After 2 hours we were allowed to go back on for our things. In the end we boarded a different plane just before 2300 (original departure time was 1830). It was a mid J which had gone tech on a MIA flight and ended up at JFK so they ran the flight with that aircraft.

i didn’t see him either on board or in the ccr, but that could easily be due to my lack of observation skills and/or alcohol
Paren likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
i didn’t see him either on board or in the ccr, but that could easily be due to my lack of observation skills and/or alcohol
I have heard you are quite skilled in the alcohol consumption stakes.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madfish

I have heard you are quite skilled in the alcohol consumption stakes.
i had to be last night - just to calm my nerves of course
teledude likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

To be fair, the guy's so short he's probably out of your view, so easy to miss...
Old May 9, 2018, 10:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I’m sure it was very stressful, but the opup would have helped calm your nerves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.