Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Old Feb 6, 18, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Gary Lineker on 1010 BCN LHR 1135 (BA473) today in 2C
Old Feb 7, 18, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
It's weird, I've been on literally hundreds of flights over the last few years and spend scores of hours in lounges, yet I'm not aware of ever having recognised a single fellow traveller (apart from teledude in the T3 FLounge the other week )
SkyTeem and TheOldMan like this.
Old Feb 7, 18, 5:25 am

I'm with you on that one Fitch.. hours in lounges, hundreds of flights and only once I see Jim Davidson in the queue for security at T5. We probably spend too much time reading the newspaper.
Old Feb 8, 18, 1:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Greek finance/motorcycle guy Yannis Varoufakis in Galleries N now
Old Feb 8, 18, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
And Kay Burley MAN-LHR yesterday
Old Feb 8, 18, 1:50 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
It's weird, I've been on literally hundreds of flights over the last few years and spend scores of hours in lounges, yet I'm not aware of ever having recognised a single fellow traveller (apart from teledude in the T3 FLounge the other week )
Celeb status 100
Old Feb 8, 18, 2:10 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
Youíre probably like myself and just donít recognise or notice celebs. Once spent an afternoon in an Irish bar in NYC watching England play on the TV (incidentally Scotland were on the TVs at the other end of the bar. Canít imagine that happening in the UK) spent the whole morning gdrinking with a guy at the bar who told me he was in a band called Kasabian. Meant nothing to me until I mentioned it to my grown up kids and apparently they are quite famous.
Old Feb 8, 18, 3:56 am

Programs: British Airways
Eric Boullier now in the First lounge at LHR
Old Feb 8, 18, 4:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0 View Post

Youíre probably like myself and just donít recognise or notice celebs. Once spent an afternoon in an Irish bar in NYC watching England play on the TV (incidentally Scotland were on the TVs at the other end of the bar. Canít imagine that happening in the UK) spent the whole morning gdrinking with a guy at the bar who told me he was in a band called Kasabian. Meant nothing to me until I mentioned it to my grown up kids and apparently they are quite famous.
I think you're probably right. My partner often accuses me of walking around "eyes wide shut" - clearly she has a point
Old Feb 8, 18, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0 View Post

An American mate of mine once sat next to "some guy called Paul Weller who's in a band" on a Concorde flight from JFK and was completely oblivious to being in the company of the Modfather.
ben1991 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 18, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Bronze)
Colin Firth in the Concorde Room just now. Wearing a silly hat by way of disguise. Suspect he will be taking it off soon given the usual insanely warm temperature.
Old Feb 10, 18, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Rebekah Brooks being offered pre-boarding by Special Services in the CCR right now. Didn't catch the destination!
Old Feb 10, 18, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, M&S Sparks
Originally Posted by pumatwin View Post
Eric Boullier now in the First lounge at LHR
Was on his way to Nice I think.

Looking forward to the F1 season starting again so can do some more celeb spotting haha. One of the better ones was LHR>AUH a couple of years ago - I was sitting near Ron Dennis and Jonathan Neil of McLaren and ex-drivers Mark Webber and Johnny Herbert in J.

r.e. Ron Dennis - I've never seen someone wearing such shiny black shoes. And in a suit (not a single crease) with his tie with the perfect knot and at the precise angle, obviously.
pumatwin likes this.
Old Feb 10, 18, 9:35 am
Suspended

LOVE this post
Old Feb 10, 18, 9:44 am
Suspended

IM famous............................................ ................................ in my own mind

Search this Thread
Search Engine: