Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
No need to get Michael McIntyre's knickers all twisted and I just watched a video of his comedy....not bad at all.

Now Rod Stewart....total legend! ^
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
Craig David - don't know where he was going but this picture was with a member of cabin crew on board. The reason why I know this is because I follow online through socials. I must say Craig ages like fine wine totally gorgeous from the picture x :-:
Isn't he busy making love on Saturday?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
What is the "slow loungue"?

Is it "'slow" as in "Hounslow"?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Isn't he busy making love on Saturday?
He was, now he is chilling on a Sunday.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Banana4321
What is the "slow loungue"?

Is it "'slow" as in "Hounslow"?
South African lounges operated by Com-Air (BA franchise).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Never sure why people on here think it is a badge of achievement to be so ignorantly ill-informed about a well-known member of society.
You don't know who he is? Congratulations, you'd be a thrilling contestant on Universally Challenged.

Also it's "nor do I".... you wouldn't say "me have no idea who he is". Or maybe you would.
I don't care, I can't take it anymore.

Least funny? Ever?
At least we now know to put this post in the category of "so dense that light bends around it".

Yes, more reasons why FT is such a joyful read nowadays...
Sorry Mrs Mcintyre.
passy777 and smokie36 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:55 pm

Philip Mould in ET heading for Prague on 3 Jan 18.
Many thanks to contributors on the following FlyerTalk thread for helping to identify him: Name The Celeb - Because I Can’t!
Filthy Monkey and bhbloke like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:22 am

Simon Cowell on my flight from JFK to LHR. Both in F
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by NYC1
Simon Cowell on my flight from JFK to LHR. Both in F
I've flown on the same flight as Cowel a number of times (to/from LAX), he's a genuinely nice chap - which surprised me.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC
A bit late reporting but I had the absolute pleasure to bump into a guy at MAN waiting for a flight to LHR.

I vaguely recognised him - couldn't place him but we bonded over the eternal question "Is that chicken or tuna in those sandwiches?" and he asked if he could sit with me for a while as the flight was delayed.

After a bit, I summoned up courage to do the " I know you from somewhere but can't place you " statement, as always encouraged by my mother. He responded "Oh I'm just an actor - you may have seen me recently on The OA or before that on The Walking Dead." Now I have seen The OA - hated it and tried to erase it from memory - but never seen Walking Dead so was none the wiser, and decided to just ask generic career / holiday / politics stuff instead. We passed a happy couple of hours chatting before the flight was called.

So I later showed his picture to some friends who have seen Walking Dead, who exclaimed "That's Hershel!" Apparently he's really called Scott Wilson and been in loads of TV shows and films - all the way back to "In The Heat of the Night" in 1967.

I'm still not that much wiser but, to be honest, he was the most delightful company for a few hours. And the sandwiches were chicken....
rockflyertalk, KBRDU and ben1991 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've flown on the same flight as Cowel a number of times (to/from LAX), he's a genuinely nice chap - which surprised me.
He was low-profile and kept to himself. Quite different from his on the air "personality", and I won't comment on his "interpersonal" behavior .
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AA P DL MR UA
Originally Posted by Hydebear
A bit late reporting but I had the absolute pleasure to bump into a guy at MAN waiting for a flight to LHR.

I vaguely recognised him - couldn't place him but we bonded over the eternal question "Is that chicken or tuna in those sandwiches?" and he asked if he could sit with me for a while as the flight was delayed.

After a bit, I summoned up courage to do the " I know you from somewhere but can't place you " statement, as always encouraged by my mother. He responded "Oh I'm just an actor - you may have seen me recently on The OA or before that on The Walking Dead." Now I have seen The OA - hated it and tried to erase it from memory - but never seen Walking Dead so was none the wiser, and decided to just ask generic career / holiday / politics stuff instead. We passed a happy couple of hours chatting before the flight was called.

So I later showed his picture to some friends who have seen Walking Dead, who exclaimed "That's Hershel!" Apparently he's really called Scott Wilson and been in loads of TV shows and films - all the way back to "In The Heat of the Night" in 1967.

I'm still not that much wiser but, to be honest, he was the most delightful company for a few hours. And the sandwiches were chicken....
"Oh, I'm just an actor" is quintessential Scott Wilson :-) Very down to earth and really enjoys talking to folks.
TV Trivia: His wife on The OA was the Borg Queen from one of the Star Trek movies. Made for a very odd couple.
Hydebear and FeedbirdNiner like this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Gareth Southgate in CE on 726 to Geneva this morning. Seemed very nice.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TimmyD
Gareth Southgate in CE on 726 to Geneva this morning. Seemed very nice.
Did he get an invite to Davos?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Sirius Silver, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP
Howard Donald of Take That fame in the CCR now. Doing his best to blend in with the crowd in his bright gold trainers. Now joined by Mark Owen. I’m still waiting for Gary Barlow to turn up ��

Last edited by jamiebf; Jan 24, 2018 at 4:48 am Reason: Additional info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.