FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Celebs on BA | 2018 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1885581-celebs-ba-2018-edition.html)

Flame3601 Jan 20, 2018 3:22 am

Michael McIntyre in the slow lounge about an hour ago, had to really tap into my specs ops training to take this pic without being seen and looking like a total fan boy. The staff were comeplty oblivious and interestingly along with everyone else in the lounge. Anyway he seems to have taken the BA6414 to Johannesburg.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fc4d63c46d.jpg

smokie36 Jan 20, 2018 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601 (Post 29315939)
Michael McIntyre in the slow lounge about an hour ago, had to really tap into my specs ops training to take this pic without being seen and looking like a total fan boy. The staff were comeplty oblivious and interestingly along with everyone else in the lounge. Anyway he seems to have taken the BA6414 to Johannesburg.

No idea who he is.

goldencondor Jan 20, 2018 3:32 am

Originally Posted by smokie36 (Post 29315949)
No idea who he is.

Stand-up comedian well known in the UK.

Swanhunter Jan 20, 2018 3:37 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 29315958)

"comedian" . He may be the least funny man ever to take the stage.

AlanA Jan 20, 2018 3:39 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 29315958)

comedian? That can be debated....

710 77345 Jan 20, 2018 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 29315965)

But about the most commercially successful, didn't he make over £20m from one tour alone?

TheOldMan Jan 20, 2018 11:37 am

No idea who he is.

Nor me.....

worldtrav Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by 710 77345 (Post 29316010)
But about the most commercially successful, didn't he make over £20m from one tour alone?

Commercial success cannot be confused with talent, the best example of which must be Cheryl Cole, or whatever her current last name is.

marshy11 Jan 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Flame3601 (Post 29315939)

Tough audience in here tonight

crazy8534 Jan 20, 2018 1:06 pm

No idea who he is.

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 29317258)
Nor me.....

Never sure why people on here think it is a badge of achievement to be so ignorantly ill-informed about a well-known member of society.
You don't know who he is? Congratulations, you'd be a thrilling contestant on Universally Challenged.

Also it's "nor do I".... you wouldn't say "me have no idea who he is". Or maybe you would.
I don't care, I can't take it anymore.

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 29315965)

Least funny? Ever?
At least we now know to put this post in the category of "so dense that light bends around it".

Originally Posted by marshy11 (Post 29317485)
Tough audience in here tonight

Yes, more reasons why FT is such a joyful read nowadays...

Flame3601 Jan 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534 (Post 29317561)
Never sure why people on here think it is a badge of achievement to be so ignorantly ill-informed about a well-known member of society.
You don't know who he is? Congratulations, you'd be a thrilling contestant on Universally Challenged.

Also it's "nor do I".... you wouldn't say "me have no idea who he is". Or maybe you would.

Least funny? Ever?
At least we now know to put this post in the category of "so dense that light bends around it".

Yikes, that has to be the most cut throat reply i think i have or ever will read on flyertalk !

IAN-UK Jan 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534 (Post 29317561)

Least funny? Ever?

Wrong side of the bed day ?

(Got to admit I'd never of recognised him, even though I delight in the man's humour)

FeedbirdNiner Jan 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Grumpy but fair!

Can we agree, at the outset of this 2018 thread that 'I've never heard of him/her' posts are banned.

Google if you don't know, you don't have to tell us.

icegirl Jan 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Sir Rod Stewart arriving back at Terminal 5

Craig David - don't know where he was going but this picture was with a member of cabin crew on board. The reason why I know this is because I follow online through socials. I must say Craig ages like fine wine totally gorgeous from the picture x :-:

everGLAdes Jan 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner (Post 29318029)
Grumpy but fair!

Can we agree, at the outset of this 2018 thread that 'I've never heard of him/her' posts are banned.

Google if you don't know, you don't have to tell us.

I agree, "don't know them" type posts don't contribute to the thread. Humour is subjective based on so many factors though so Michael McIntyre won't be to everyones tastes. I liked his work when he peaked, with the Comedy Roadshows and his own tour etc a few years ago.

In other news and definitely a candidate for the "I don't know him" crowd. Dave King (Rangers chairman) making one of his regular jaunts from JNB to GLA. Wonder if he is a prem? The whole playing squad also recently flew EDI - TPA on BA for their mid season break and participation in the Florida Cup.