Hogan? Crocodile Dundee?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:56 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Hogan? Crocodile Dundee?
"That's not a knife!"
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Who?... Alex Cruz? Ask him about the unavailable F redemption thread?!
Thats what Jackie Stewart was asking him about obvs 🤣
Scallywag72 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone know why there was armed police outside the CCR on Mondau (2nd). Excluding a whole range of other factors, thought it might have been HRH off to OZ.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JMurray
Anyone know why there was armed police outside the CCR on Mondau (2nd). Excluding a whole range of other factors, thought it might have been HRH off to OZ.
Wasn’t that when Cruz was there... so probably to protect Cruz from the rampage from all the FT’ers outraged that they couldn’t book their F rewards seats over Easter only kidding.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Isn’t that what the Royal Suite or whatever it’s called is for?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Except for general patrols, armed police are usually only present when there are VVIPs about - top end government officials or Royals. The rich and famous (and various Royals) will typically use the Windsor Suite and the Heathrow VIP service rather than the CCR,
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
A delivery of emergency aid by way of LPGS..?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

Isn’t that what the Royal Suite or whatever it’s called is for?
Could be a cabinet member, I was in the CCR once when Theresa May was in there when Home Secretary, a couple of armed coppers with were with her partaking of the free coffee at the bar as she sat on the seats facing with her assistant. Me, I was propping up the bar demolishing the LPGS.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Dubh
Jackie probably knows he's on a 772 to Bahrain....
Yep along with the other F1 folk yesterday.

Mercedes F1 reserve driver George Russell in J according to his Instagram story.

On a side note, I love flying out to F1 races, see so many familiar faces!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I only noticed them when coming out of GF, but there were at least four of them, uniformed and armed to the hilt, standing just outside the entrance to the CCR in the lobby area shared with GF. Certainly didn't seem to be patrolling. Intriguing anyhow.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I shared Galleries First with Liam Fox a few months ago, and there was no (visible) bodyguard or police presence despite his Cabinet position.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Genius1
I shared Galleries First with Liam Fox a few months ago, and there was no (visible) bodyguard or police presence despite his Cabinet position.
There's always been a hierarchy, constantly reassessed. PM, Foreign Sec, Home Sec and NI usually heavily protected, others less so.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Others not so. Usually only PM, Home Sec, Foreign Sec, Northern Ireland and Defence get protection by right.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Swampz64
Others not so. Usually only PM, Home Sec, Foreign Sec, Northern Ireland and Defence get protection by right.
The list is a little longer than that (former PMs for instance) and there is a constant re-assessment. In addition Special Branch will provide protection on an intelligence led basis for lower ministerial positions from time to time. Although unlike the US Secret Service, our politicians can refuse and override their decision.

Anyway, I can hear the OT klaxon going off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.