Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I'm now not getting any results shown at all, using the list of departure points stated upthread

I'm trying to find the cheapest EU departure point on the following BA & QF itinerary: XXX-LHR-PER/SYD-PER-LHR-XXX as QF9 & 10 are proving very expensive (no surprise there!)

The cheapest I could find otherwise is to depart from ARN/GOT and return to OSL, this is November 2019 BTW.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:07 pm

I *think* you are using it wrong?

I'm based in the Midlands.
So I would enter BHX as the starting airport.
Going to Singapore so I enter SIN as the destination. But I don't mind positioning somewhere else in Europe to find a cheaper flight.

I think, it then finds the cheapest of all the ex-eu originating airports, then adds on the price of the positioning flight from BHX to the ex-eu?

Or have i misunderstood?
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I'm now not getting any results shown at all, using the list of departure points stated upthread

I'm trying to find the cheapest EU departure point on the following BA & QF itinerary: XXX-LHR-PER/SYD-PER-LHR-XXX as QF9 & 10 are proving very expensive (no surprise there!)

The cheapest I could find otherwise is to depart from ARN/GOT and return to OSL, this is November 2019 BTW.
Originally Posted by Subman

Going to Singapore so I enter SIN as the destination. But I don't mind positioning somewhere else in Europe to find a cheaper flight.

I think, it then finds the cheapest of all the ex-eu originating airports, then adds on the price of the positioning flight from BHX to the ex-eu?

Or have i misunderstood?
I have been entering LHR (as it is where I want to fly from) doing the same method as what you suggest @Subman and it is working perfectly for me. I just wish that I could get the flights without the price of the connecting flight LHR-XXX.

@choosethedrew as mentioned by @Subman, you only need to out your airport in, it does the rest for you. Note that it didn't work when I put "LON" and only when I did "LHR".
Subman likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Subman

Or have i misunderstood?
Currency -think this is case sensitive. I can get it to work with GBP or EUR ok

Stops - this is the max no stops on the ex-eu to destination. I.e. 1 stop would allow ARN-DOH-SIN, but wouldn't allow FRA-MUC-DOH-SIN
Extra stops - think this is the no of stops on the positioning flight. i.e. from BHX to ATH, setting this to zero Extra stops will only choose a direct positioning flight, independently of the stops on the main flight.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I just wish that I could get the flights without the price of the connecting flight LHR-XXX.
Agree, it would be nice to have two options:-
1. show with/without the positioning flight. If starting in London, I imagine RFS are commonly used for those.
2. choose a different class for the positioning flight than the main flight.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Alles klar! I was using it like I used to Matrix, i.e. inputting multiple EU starting points. Thanks all!
Subman and wilsnunn like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:38 pm

For those with the stamina...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...ica-674-a.html
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I was about to post that in the TP run thread
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
This special offer has been so well booked that inventory on some days is looking very sparse.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
HAN/SGN to YVR/BOS/JFK in CX First for 800. Just to join in a little bit with you - mentioned in the premium forum too. No chance of holding, but wouldn't mind being wrong. Think it just ended.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I blagged DAD-HKG-JFK In F for 660, just have to think about how to get to Vietnam now.

Many thanks for the heads-up.
CCayley likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by navylad
I blagged DAD-HKG-JFK In F for 660, just have to think about how to get to Vietnam now.

Many thanks for the heads-up.
What dates ? I can only find J fares for 533
​​​​​​
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread is being closed to ensure good housekeeping. However there is a new thread for 2019 and that can be found here:

Premium Fare Deals | 2019 edition

For those following the recent Cathay Pacific premium fares between Vietnam and North America, please visit the [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F) thread

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
adrianlondon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.