FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thebigben
WTP can be as low as 400 quid, which is also good if you need the TP. Otherwise, it's a few avios Visa is between 60-100 depending on your passport apparently. Ultimately depends if you'd enjoy a night in Moscow I think. I know I would.
Just be aware that from 24th October the 787 with WTP is being pulled from this route, leaving only the mid-haul A321 which doesn't have WTP...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by thebigben
Just found out that DME-LHR-HKG-NRT priced at ~1625 GBP with BA and Cathay on some dates. Seems like a good deal... I am tempted to book
Just to add a few more details to this, it's a CX fare ILARRRU. Permitted all dates through to the end of the schedule, 300 EUR cancel/change fee.

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. MOW-BA-LON-CX-HKG-CX/KA-TPE-CX/KA-TYO
2. MOW-BA-LON-CX-HKG-CX/KA-TYO
3. MOW-SU-AMS/DXB/FRA/LON/MIL/PAR/ROM/ZRH-CX-HKG-CX/KA-TPE-
CX/KA-TYO
4. MOW-SU-AMS/DXB/FRA/LON/MIL/PAR/ROM/ZRH-CX-HKG-CX/KA-TYO

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT EUR 100.00.
1 FREE IN HKG INBOUND
1 IN HKG OUTBOUND AT EUR 100.00.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
AND - UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING
UNIT IN AUSTRALIA
AND - 1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN
TPE/BKK
AND - UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING
UNIT
IN AMS/FRA INBOUND
PAR/MIL INBOUND
ROM/LON INBOUND
ZRH INBOUND

The same fare also exists to the other Japan, Korea and China airports served by CX/KA, but only on their direct flights to those destinations, no connections in Japan onto JL. Sapporo on Hokkaido (CTS) earns 140 TPs from HKG, so 840 TPs maximum.

Last edited by Airprox; Oct 15, 2018 at 8:09 am
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
What happened to the wiki of this thread? Seems to have vanished round midnight
Same here - the wiki seems to just show a placeholder saying that it can only be edited by certain accounts, and no content... it seems like it can't be seen by at least two people, even with an ancient account?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Airprox
The same fare also exists to the other Japan, Korea and China airports served by CX/KA, but only on their direct flights to those destinations, no connections in Japan onto JL. Sapporo on Hokkaido (CTS) earns 140 TPs from HKG, so 840 TPs maximum.
Out of interest and slightly topic-adjacent: is there a way of searching Expert Flyer for all fares of a certain code without specifying the origin cities, or was this ascertained by trail and error?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Gatwick to Barcelona J £160 return (BA metal booked on Iberia ticket)- 80TPs

Loads of availability to to the end of Q4 18/19 including weekends, seems to be a 2 night minimum stay.

rockflyertalk and starry55 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Executive Club
Looking for help, please - I'm trying to get to SIN on/around 8th April, and back from PVG (Shanghai) on/around 1st May next year. Origin is London but can position to Europe. The best I've found is £1,692: AMS-LHR-SIN PVG-LHR-AMS, are there some other origins I should try? Would be interested in slightly more complex itineraries if they were cheaper / more interesting - for example, I thought the AMS-BKK fare might help me out, and we could fly on a separate ticket PVG-BKK. However, it doesn't seem to be appreciably cheaper.

Any recommendations welcome!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by bras0978
Looking for help, please - I'm trying to get to SIN on/around 8th April, and back from PVG (Shanghai) on/around 1st May next year. Origin is London but can position to Europe. The best I've found is £1,692: AMS-LHR-SIN PVG-LHR-AMS, are there some other origins I should try? Would be interested in slightly more complex itineraries if they were cheaper / more interesting - for example, I thought the AMS-BKK fare might help me out, and we could fly on a separate ticket PVG-BKK. However, it doesn't seem to be appreciably cheaper.

Any recommendations welcome!
Have you tried the LUX-LHR-PVG fare currently available on BA? You can extend it to HKG (and return from HKG directly I believe) and then maybe look at Avios flights between HKG and SIN. The example above was coming out around €1,200 I believe but you may need to play around with it.

Pilot37
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bras0978
Would be interested in slightly more complex itineraries if they were cheaper / more interesting - for example, I thought the AMS-BKK fare might help me out, and we could fly on a separate ticket PVG-BKK. However, it doesn't seem to be appreciably cheaper.
The lowest AMS-BKK-AMS fare is not that much cheaper than the lowest AMS-PVG-AMS fare. There's about £200 round-trip in it, so only about £100 more to do PVG-LHR-AMS inbound rather than BKK-LHR-AMS. Not worthwhile given that you have to position from PVG to BKK.

However, thinking about small permutations to this, you could shave off rather more by flying AMS-LHR-BKK // PVG-LHR-AMS. That would save you about £330 off what you originally thought of, which is probably comfortably enough to make it worthwhile for you to get from BKK to SIN by some other means.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The lowest AMS-BKK-AMS fare is not that much cheaper than the lowest AMS-PVG-AMS fare. There's about £200 round-trip in it, so only about £100 more to do PVG-LHR-AMS inbound rather than BKK-LHR-AMS. Not worthwhile given that you have to position from PVG to BKK.

However, thinking about small permutations to this, you could shave off rather more by flying AMS-LHR-BKK // PVG-LHR-AMS. That would save you about £330 off what you originally thought of, which is probably comfortably enough to make it worthwhile for you to get from BKK to SIN by some other means.
Could'nt AMS-LHR-BKK // PVG-LHR-LUX/BRU be even cheaper?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
MXP-SIN // PVG-LUX is about £1447. Adding SIN-PVG-HKG adds quite a bit but could still be cheaper than a local business class ticket. Starting in AMS and going on to BKK from SIN is roughly cost neutral.

AMS-LHR-BKK // PVG-LHR-LUX would be cheaper again but not so much so that it makes it worth the hassle of going to SIN from there.

SIN-KUL-PVG is £555 one way and earns 180 TP (almost TP run status in its own right) whereas SIN-HKG-PVG adds £700 to the ticket price and only earns 80 TP so I would do it on 2 tickets and would probably position to MXP and from LUX on award tickets.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Thanks everyone for the very useful suggestions - wasn't aware of MXP-SIN as an option so I'll get into that in more detail, as well as investigating the LUX/BRU options.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Heading to PNQ/BOM in Feb - wondering if any of you know of a good premium fare ex-EU? Trying hard to help a helpless groom!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
Heading to PNQ/BOM in Feb - wondering if any of you know of a good premium fare ex-EU? Trying hard to help a helpless groom!
Not BA or even OW so might get shot for this but I had a look a month ago or so for a friend and found some decent Feb 19 deals ex-LON connecting through Germany (like <£1.5k) on Lufthansa...

Alternatively saw BA ex-AMS for around £1.5k
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Anyone have anything useful ex-EU for West Coast US, departing early January?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Anyone have anything useful ex-EU for West Coast US, departing early January?
1800 and change from a few places, nothing better than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.