FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Move quickly and grab the very tasty GVA/ZRH-LAS (a bit cheaper than LAX and also you can get the full T3 experience...)

When are you going? I think this two for £2,200 won't last long. Make sure you chuck a car hire in too.

Simple example in Spring for you, but you'll get the just...

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...91*.GBP.235018

LAX

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...37*.GBP.258549

Also, I hope you didn't pay too much as the AMS-CPT prices came down quite significantly and are still around the £1100 mark
Thanks a lot for this!!

I noticed that they dropped but from what I could see not for the dates we wanted but we paid £1500 each which I was more than happy to pay given what they could be.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall
How do you all price these deals? I literally have no idea where to start and can never find these fares.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thank you.
Lots of searching and research is the answer I'm afraid, as with what tomparskate mentioned, keeping an eye on the boards does help, and if you get the chance to book far out (30+ days) then the deals are normally better. As far as the US goes, it looks like IST is a winner at present, the downside is, that you will have to run an overnight on the way out, as the flights leave in the morning.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by all ahead full
Lots of searching and research is the answer I'm afraid, as with what tomparskate mentioned, keeping an eye on the boards does help, and if you get the chance to book far out (30+ days) then the deals are normally better. As far as the US goes, it looks like IST is a winner at present, the downside is, that you will have to run an overnight on the way out, as the flights leave in the morning.
you can subscribe to this thread and get instant notification of deals other post. Sadly ITA matrix changed a while back and does not allow searching by multiple origin points unless they are in the same country.

re Istanbul, it always worthwhile checking fare rules as it might be possible to route back to LHR the same day, overnight in LHR and continue the next day. I did this in July but admittedly only to AMS. IST on a BA320 or whatever they use is not the best place to spend 4 or 5 hours.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I’ve been hunting around the usual suspects for a trip for one, going out either from the UK or ex-eu to SEA around 22 July and back from YYZ (or possibly JFK) around 12 August. Getting part of the way back across towards YYZ on the same ticket would be a winner too. I was very excited by the GVA deal but it’s for two does anyone have any ideas?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
FWIW, having asked above about HKG in Nov, I have booked LHR-HKG-LHR on RJ for £1,820 with a free 1 day stopover in AMM on the way out. Very nice modern aircraft with only 6 across in business, very cheery crew and OK food. One enormous plus over BA is that cancellation / change is only £50 although I am on the lowest business fare.

I took the easy option for 560TP, although one can do the BKK/HKG/BKK legs on CX for the same price for an extra 80TPs (making 640TPs for £1,820). It is often a pain getting the TPs to post, but it can be done with a little perseverance.

All in all an excellent deal apart from the 6 hr+ stopover in AMM on the return, although the lounge there is reasonable.

RJ CS is something for BA to try and emulate. I had an issue with online seat selection last night and a couple of questions about the transit, so e-mailed reservation support. Response received mid-morning today, with chosen seats allocated and a full response to my transit questions.
The lounge in AMM is one of the worst lounges I've ever had the pleasure of being in.... enjoy that one!!

Make sure you keep your boarding pass, they're not very good at posting flights correctly.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:03 am
mry

Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Greetings.
Needing to book a trip for my wife (joining us on our already booked 2-1) in J. Trip is late June and returns July. SEA>AMS LYS>LHR LHR>SEA. We will be buying a separate one-way from AMS>LYS.
Since flights became available pricing has stayed steady at USD $3660.

In years past we had paid as low as $2600-$3000 usually with a late August summer sale. One never seemed to materialize.

This time I’ll go for the AARP discount.
Should we hold out or buy at $3600?

Last edited by mry; Sep 28, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
There's a decent 2x£1075 ZRH/GVA-LHR-JFK J r/t fare going, as posted in Premium Deals. Little more ££s for west coast (supposedly can be had for less ££, but I can't find it at the moment). Fare comes up on BA site direct, too, which is handy.
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks for posting.

Does anyone know the travel dates with this offer - saw an example of June. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Airprox
Haven't found any excluded yet, seems to run right through to next July.
If I’ve read Expertflyer correctly, these fares are valid for outbound travel up to 31 Aug 19, but must be ticketed on or before 14th October 18.

No blackout dates.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
If I’ve read Expertflyer correctly, these fares are valid for outbound travel up to 31 Aug 19, but must be ticketed on or before 14th October 18.

No blackout dates.
Yes, that's right on both points. I have also now put some more details of the fare on the TP run thread.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD HH GOLD
....../

Last edited by ukdelinquent; Oct 6, 2018 at 7:30 am Reason: error
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
The lounge in AMM is one of the worst lounges I've ever had the pleasure of being in.... enjoy that one!!

Make sure you keep your boarding pass, they're not very good at posting flights correctly.
A bit harsh, it's a large space and quite relaxing but let down badly on the catering front.

It generally appears that TPs for the LON-AMM and AMM-LON won't post, but the rest seem to credit ok.
Markie and DeathSlam like this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone else noticed a lack of reasonable Ex-EU J fares to East Coast US in March? I'm usually OK at finding fares but its all 2k+. I wonder if they focusing are on these 2 ticket offers?

I'm aiming for flights to MSY or any east/central 15/3 - 18/3, if anyone has spotted anything around then would appreciate a heads up.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
There was a companion fare available ex-Switzerland last week 2 for ~£1100. That’s gone now I think
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by binman

you can subscribe to this thread and get instant notification of deals other post. Sadly ITA matrix changed a while back and does not allow searching by multiple origin points unless they are in the same country.

re Istanbul, it always worthwhile checking fare rules as it might be possible to route back to LHR the same day, overnight in LHR and continue the next day. I did this in July but admittedly only to AMS. IST on a BA320 or whatever they use is not the best place to spend 4 or 5 hours.
This was such a frustrating change on Matrix.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of a list of airports by country which can be easily converted to a comma delimited file ? (for easy cut & paste into matrix)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
There was a companion fare available ex-Switzerland last week 2 for ~£1100. That’s gone now I think
You could still save £1k flying out of ZRH/GVA/BSL compared to London. Around £3150 total (£1575pp).

BA Holidays adds a good hotel for £3600 total. Hardly a steal but probably the best you'll get currently - plus you can hold that with a deposit, pay the balance 5wks prior to travel (or abandon at loss of £400 deposit), plus it's ATOL protected.
polochick likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
This was such a frustrating change on Matrix.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of a list of airports by country which can be easily converted to a comma delimited file ? (for easy cut & paste into matrix)
Open data @ OurAirports

Think you could put together an awk script or something to do it fairly simply.
DVT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.