Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I can price AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK with a stopover in HKG for ~1550 GBP. Seems like the dates are fairly flexible.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I've got a trip to DPS/CGK in November with flexibility (i.e. SIN/KUL is fine) but i'm restricted to WTP - but can start ex-EU if I want and pick up a few more TP in a rather bland drive to Silver! There is a £720+taxes fare to DPS/CGK - just wondering if anyone had seen any Asia focussed WTP fares from any ex-EU points? Everywhere I try (MAD/AMS/DUB) seem to be higher than ex-LON.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I've got a trip to DPS/CGK in November with flexibility (i.e. SIN/KUL is fine) but i'm restricted to WTP - but can start ex-EU if I want and pick up a few more TP in a rather bland drive to Silver! There is a £720+taxes fare to DPS/CGK - just wondering if anyone had seen any Asia focussed WTP fares from any ex-EU points? Everywhere I try (MAD/AMS/DUB) seem to be higher than ex-LON.
LUX-KUL (or starting anywhere in France) is regularly very cheap on BA.

MXP can be very good, too - especially for £1600 business class to SIN.

In premum economy you're already very close or even above to the INCEU60 prices via Bangkok from Amsteram or Gothenburg for business class.

If going to Indonesia, route through Hong Kong (not sure if you can do that on BA, but you definitely can on Cathay) as HKG-DPS/CGK gets long-haul tier points (at least 70 each way when combined with a long haul premium economy fare).

Finally, there is/was a Sri Lankan business class fare to Indonesia earning something like 560 TP from Dubai for £700ish.
Sam Bee likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
LUX-KUL (or starting anywhere in France) is regularly very cheap on BA.

MXP can be very good, too - especially for £1600 business class to SIN.

In premum economy you're already very close or even above to the INCEU60 prices via Bangkok from Amsteram or Gothenburg for business class.

If going to Indonesia, route through Hong Kong (not sure if you can do that on BA, but you definitely can on Cathay) as HKG-DPS/CGK gets long-haul tier points (at least 70 each way when combined with a long haul premium economy fare).

Finally, there is/was a Sri Lankan business class fare to Indonesia earning something like 560 TP from Dubai for £700ish.
That's a great help - especially the LUX tip, thank you.

Been looking at the UL fare but returning would be LOP-DPS-CGK-CMB-DXB-LON - and that would just be too much on 3 different tickets!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
from where are you seeing £720 for WTP ex EU please.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by binman

Best I can do to CGK on BA is £820 + taxes (£1222) out of ARN. ARN-LHR-HKG-CGK can be persuaded to book into E class on the CX-operated leg on the CX code (no apparent BA codeshare) for 380 TP round trip.

Although LGW-HKG-CGK gets very close on price, with no positioning flight (so cheaper really) and still earns 360 TP.

LUX-LHR-KUL is currently £843 with a base fare of £454.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by binman

From LHR - still EU? this is ex-tax.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just booked a trip out to Austin (starting in Istanbul) routing via LHR and MIA, and back via DFW for £1681. It does mean going to Istanbul the night before, but Hotels are fairly cheap, priced up on Google Flights, and the prices that shows, then drops by £200, when booked direct with American, the BA options routes via JFK, for a similar price, and gives 520TP. The fare has little advance purchase, as booked it today for travel next week.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
How do you all price these deals? I literally have no idea where to start and can never find these fares.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
A lot of it is done by chance. I pick a destination I want to go to and book flights around it through either Matrix Flights or Google Flights. You can normally find these deals either on FlyerTalk BA Forum, GodSaveThePoints, HeadForPoints, Turning Left for Less etc?

Good luck!
eugegall likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eugegall
How do you all price these deals? I literally have no idea where to start and can never find these fares.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thank you.
Which ones are you interested in ? Didn't you book a AMS-CPT a while back ?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Which ones are you interested in ? Didn't you book a AMS-CPT a while back ?
That is me indeed. We fly in just over two weeks.

This time we're looking to fly to west coast of USA and fly back from the east coast.

I can never find these deals that are out there.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps

This time we're looking to fly to west coast of USA and fly back from the east coast.

Well the current Switzerland fare is ideal for that, if you don't mind making your own arrangements separately to get from the West Coast to the East coast. Most cheap fares to the US don't allow stopovers.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Move quickly and grab the very tasty GVA/ZRH-LAS (a bit cheaper than LAX and also you can get the full T3 experience...)

When are you going? I think this two for £2,200 won't last long. Make sure you chuck a car hire in too.

Simple example in Spring for you, but you'll get the just...

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...91*.GBP.235018

LAX

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...37*.GBP.258549

Also, I hope you didn't pay too much as the AMS-CPT prices came down quite significantly and are still around the £1100 mark
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
FWIW, having asked above about HKG in Nov, I have booked LHR-HKG-LHR on RJ for £1,820 with a free 1 day stopover in AMM on the way out. Very nice modern aircraft with only 6 across in business, very cheery crew and OK food. One enormous plus over BA is that cancellation / change is only £50 although I am on the lowest business fare.

I took the easy option for 560TP, although one can do the BKK/HKG/BKK legs on CX for the same price for an extra 80TPs (making 640TPs for £1,820). It is often a pain getting the TPs to post, but it can be done with a little perseverance.

All in all an excellent deal apart from the 6 hr+ stopover in AMM on the return, although the lounge there is reasonable.

RJ CS is something for BA to try and emulate. I had an issue with online seat selection last night and a couple of questions about the transit, so e-mailed reservation support. Response received mid-morning today, with chosen seats allocated and a full response to my transit questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.