FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by IrishStephen
Where is this fare to/from? I saw mention of Dubai but can't seem to find? Thanking you...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30212600-post1007.html
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Still pricing fine for me - 630GBP.
Where is this fare to/from? I saw mention of Dubai but can't seem to find? Thanking you...
Following the quotes back it appears to be DXB-CGK
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
appreciate that.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

Following the quotes back it appears to be DXB-CGK
Thank you.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
ARN-HND prices at £1,722 on QR

This wouldn't be exceptional except for the fact that it's on QR (BA/Finnair price similarly ex-EU), and you get suites on the longest sector.

Skyteam / *A is generally cheaper for this route, but since I've got all my eggs in the OW basket, I'm considering pulling the trigger
ceej123 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:03 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by thebigben

This wouldn't be exceptional except for the fact that it's on QR (BA/Finnair price similarly ex-EU), and you get suites on the longest sector.
Only from Jan 1st 2019.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thebigben

Skyteam / *A is generally cheaper for this route, but since I've got all my eggs in the OW basket, I'm considering pulling the trigger
Going south to go north back to Japan is not worth it in my book unless you really, really want the product (better opportunities for that in my view) or the tier points or if there's a big saving. Helsinki is more or less on the non-stop flightpath and even London won't be too far away from that once you add on the cost of positioning to Stockholm.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Perhaps someone can help me with this, I am about to book AMS-BKK in J with RJ somewhere in January, 1460-ish euros on RJ’s booking site for certain dates but I have problems finding out which booking class. According to the BA-site almost any booking class on RJ business class qualifies for BAEC tier points (560 for the entire trip), except R.
ITA Matrix shows booking class D for outbound and I for inbound travel but an entirely different price (>2000 euro) than RJ so I would like to be sure my ticket will be the right booking class..
Many thanks in advance..
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Perhaps someone can help me with this, I am about to book AMS-BKK in J with RJ somewhere in January, 1460-ish euros on RJ’s booking site for certain dates but I have problems finding out which booking class. According to the BA-site almost any booking class on RJ business class qualifies for BAEC tier points (560 for the entire trip), except R.
ITA Matrix shows booking class D for outbound and I for inbound travel but an entirely different price (>2000 euro) than RJ so I would like to be sure my ticket will be the right booking class..
Many thanks in advance..
Isn't R the reward ticket?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Isn't R the reward ticket?
No, R is a revenue booking class. If I remember correctly there was an issue in the past with Qatar Airways booking class 'R' was not valid in BAEC. It is now, but I do not see R with RJ qualifying booking classes. Perhaps it 's because RJ doesn't sell R at all in which case there woudn't be an issue. And 1460 euro is a very nice fare but I would rather be sure...

Last edited by Great_circle; Sep 23, 2018 at 9:11 am
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
https://www.rj.com/en/royal-club/redeem/mileage-calculator

You r right.. No avios for R.. But tier points.

Pretty clear here?

But R is there lowest economy fare..you wanna book c?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
But R is there lowest economy fare..you wanna book c?
Thanks, that explains. According to BAEC calculator RJ tickets would qualify when:
Economy lowest (H, K, L, M, N, O, Q, V, W, S)
Economy flexible (Y, B)
Business (J, C, D, I, Z)

If RJ uses 'R' for economy then I don't have to worry about booking business in a booking class that BAEC doesn't accept.
Since QR doesn't have the best deals out of AMS anymore I would say RJ's €1460,- might now be the best way to pick up 560 tier points..
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Looking to get to either Vancouver or as close as i can get to it..in the next 3wks. Extremely expensive in J from almost anywhere i try. I know its last minute...any idea or tips for getting there...short trip..4 days prob. Also..wots the reason that the yvr flight leaves late in the day...makes it tricky getting to anywhere else from yvr sameday.

Last edited by jock; Sep 23, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by jock
Looking to get to either Vancouver or as close as i can get to it..in the next 3wks.
CPH to YVR looks to the best you'll get, at just under £2k.

Otherwise, maybe DUB to SFO @ £737 in WTP and hope some upgrades are offered.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL
There's a decent 2x£1075 ZRH/GVA-LHR-JFK J r/t fare going, as posted in Premium Deals. Little more ££s for west coast (supposedly can be had for less ££, but I can't find it at the moment). Fare comes up on BA site direct, too, which is handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.