Search
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by travelwithross
I did it last week - stayed at the RC Mega - very fine hotel, and very nice flights indeed. I fly UL often now, as its very good on TP runs. The DXB-CMB flight was empty in the A333, which meant a very comfortable flight. On the CGK-CMB flight, I was recognised as a OW Emerald and fawned over. Again on the CMB-DXB flight on the A332 I had a lap infant beside me, and the Cabin Manager came up to ask if I wanted to move to the first row, and they would move a passenger (non-status) back to my seat - I declined, but very proactive service.

I'll be repeating this route a few times this year, and next I suspect as its very good for TPs.

Also, you can pre order meals online in J - https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flyi...ss-class-meals
Whilst I could price these tickets yesterday, they seem to have now gone. It's a cyclical fare but it seems to be gone for the moment.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

Currently pricing at €1400 direct with Aer Lingus, about €100 more than NYC. I’ve never been to Chicago, good spot for New Year?
I've yet to go, but my colleague recommended it highly and we tend to have similar tastes. As a Scotsman (hence INV working well for me on this occasion) being anywhere cold and windy obviously suits me!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver

Currently pricing at €1400 direct with Aer Lingus, about €100 more than NYC. I’ve never been to Chicago, good spot for New Year?
Lots of things to do in Chicago, and many a public party on NYE, but do note the climate there is pretty similar to Moscow.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Lots of things to do in Chicago, and many a public party on NYE, but do note the climate there is pretty similar to Moscow.
Ouch. Not sure about that. I had been looking at Hartford, Connecticut (BDL) but don’t know much about it
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Peter Ould
Hi folks,

I've discovered this thread after making Gold this summer and thinking about how to maintain it over the next 11 months!!!! I'm keenly watching new posts to see interesting ideas for a little vacation for myself whilst helping reach that magic 1500 target.

I'm interested whether folks here are which of the following:

i) Business travellers like myself who mainly fly in Y or W (and lots of short hops around Europe) looking to "top up" their tier points
ii) Casual flyers who look for two / three trips a year to keep Gold
iii) Other

Apologies if this is off topic.
If not already, you should also be watching: BA Tier Point Runs 2018 master thread

rb211.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:34 pm

Visited Chicago for the first time earlier this year and loved it. Going back for NYE solo as I think it's a city you can explore by yourself. It was -17c NYE 2017 however.

It's all part of the fun, I think.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mks6
Visited Chicago for the first time earlier this year and loved it. Going back for NYE solo as I think it's a city you can explore by yourself. It was -17c NYE 2017 however.

It's all part of the fun, I think.
Off to Chicago this weekend will be by myself for a couple days that's good to know.

Don't know if itsi still available/cheap still but with the ex INV deals you could do multi city flights in the states.

I got INV-LHR-ORD-BOS-JFK-LHR-INV (Connecting only in JFK) for £1200ish with a hotel in Chicago on top. 440tp and 20k avios to boot.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:15 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Whilst I could price these tickets yesterday, they seem to have now gone. It's a cyclical fare but it seems to be gone for the moment.
Still pricing fine for me - 630GBP.

Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Cw novice
Off to Chicago this weekend will be by myself for a couple days that's good to know.

Don't know if itsi still available/cheap still but with the ex INV deals you could do multi city flights in the states.

I got INV-LHR-ORD-BOS-JFK-LHR-INV (Connecting only in JFK) for £1200ish with a hotel in Chicago on top. 440tp and 20k avios to boot.
Not flying on Sat to ORD by any chance?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by travelwithross
Still pricing fine for me - 630GBP.
Yes they're back this morning but with more limited dates than previously. Also only pricing until early December.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:53 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Yes they're back this morning but with more limited dates than previously. Also only pricing until early December.
Which was always the case anyway with the previously filed fare...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Hoping they’re refiled for next year at some point, I’ll be making use of them for certain.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Hoping they’re refiled for next year at some point, I’ll be making use of them for certain.
They were more expensive a couple of days ago at around £950ish for travel after November, but today they're up to £1500 so here's hoping the fare gets extended and opens out soon.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
[QUOTE=travelwithross;30220184]Still pricing fine for me - 630GBP.

Where is this fare to/from? I saw mention of Dubai but can't seem to find? Thanking you...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:22 am

Not flying on Sat to ORD by any chance?
No Friday for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.