FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Variation on the INV-YUL fare

I have been looking at this for a summer trip to Nashville and the last piece of the return back to EDI threw up the option of heading back from LHR on the A350 via HEL to EDI. You can lower the price slightly by heading for LHR rather than the babybus, I have added the link and will see if it works. Price for this is £1319, for 600tps if I am correct.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#fl...29*.GBP.131309
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Lefly
Pity the deal DXB - Asia around 750 eur with UL is gone, I think.
DXB to CGK with UL is still around for £640ish for 560 TPs.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
DXB to CGK with UL is still around for £640ish for 560 TPs.
Thanks. I'm almost tempted...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hmm... getting strange behaviour when searching flights on ITA matrix and google flights.
Looking for a trip to SAT and OKC in late Jan/returning early Feb. I'm getting prices on matrix and Google in the £1400-1600 range from LUX and BRU, £1900 from OSL. When I go through and choose the flights, it bumps up to £2300-2700. I'm guessing that fares are loaded incorrectly but... any thoughts?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Are you selecting flights one by one? If not, doing that sometimes helps to identify what it is that's causing the price to go up from the initial headline.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hmmm yes, I was, but then on the final page it was going up. Tried to book them too on BA/AA flights but got the same.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:22 pm

Hi Everyone

As we moved to Nassau my cheap trips are becoming a little limited. As we often fly to Europe during the year, I was thinking on buying a one-way to Europe and then a return to the US East Coast and back. Although not sure about the possibility to move the return dates around for when needed.

Or simpler: Anyone have an idea of a mini tier-run initiating somewhere in the US/Caribbean/South America to Europe (i need 4 days in Switzerland stopover) and back to the southeast US/Caribbean/South America. All Oneworld. I have to be in Switzerland/Germany/Austria or anywhere in Europe on the 24th/25th October this year. I can fly around Europe to position.

Thank you for any ideas
Richard
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Inc Amb
Hi folks,

I've discovered this thread after making Gold this summer and thinking about how to maintain it over the next 11 months!!!! I'm keenly watching new posts to see interesting ideas for a little vacation for myself whilst helping reach that magic 1500 target.

I'm interested whether folks here are which of the following:

i) Business travellers like myself who mainly fly in Y or W (and lots of short hops around Europe) looking to "top up" their tier points
ii) Casual flyers who look for two / three trips a year to keep Gold
iii) Other

Apologies if this is off topic.

Last edited by Peter Ould; Sep 18, 2018 at 2:56 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Peter Ould
Hi folks,

I've discovered this thread after making Gold this summer and thinking about how to maintain it over the next 11 months!!!! I'm keenly watching new posts to see interesting ideas for a little vacation for myself whilst helping reach that magic 1500 target.

I'm interested whether folks here are which of the following:

i) Business travellers like myself who mainly fly in Y or W (and lots of short hops around Europe) looking to "top up" their tier points
ii) Casual flyers who look for two / three trips a year to keep Gold
iii) Other

Apologies if this is off topic.
Have a look at OT: occupation of BA FTers
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:36 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Lefly
Thanks. I'm almost tempted...
I did it last week - stayed at the RC Mega - very fine hotel, and very nice flights indeed. I fly UL often now, as its very good on TP runs. The DXB-CMB flight was empty in the A333, which meant a very comfortable flight. On the CGK-CMB flight, I was recognised as a OW Emerald and fawned over. Again on the CMB-DXB flight on the A332 I had a lap infant beside me, and the Cabin Manager came up to ask if I wanted to move to the first row, and they would move a passenger (non-status) back to my seat - I declined, but very proactive service.

I'll be repeating this route a few times this year, and next I suspect as its very good for TPs.

Also, you can pre order meals online in J - https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flyi...ss-class-meals
Lefly likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Inc Amb
Originally Posted by megaloman
Thanks - have added a brief bio!!!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:24 am

Any suggestions for a few days somewhere over New Years? Preferably in J but maybe Y+, ideally departing DUB but could position. Have been looking at NYC, LAS, DXB etc but nothing amazing jumping out
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Any suggestions for a few days somewhere over New Years? Preferably in J but maybe Y+, ideally departing DUB but could position. Have been looking at NYC, LAS, DXB etc but nothing amazing jumping out
Having had this very thought this morning, I've settled on Chicago for ~£1,400 (from INV).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Schiehallion
Having had this very thought this morning, I've settled on Chicago for ~£1,400 (from INV).
Currently pricing at €1400 direct with Aer Lingus, about €100 more than NYC. I’ve never been to Chicago, good spot for New Year?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Have you seen this:
Stockholm - Miami/Orlando 1100€ business class

Stockholm to Miami or Orlando for €1100, that's sub GBP 1,000. Not too shabby for a bit of Florida sun between xmas and new year. All alliances it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.