FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
I know I have in the past seen mention of what to enter into ITA to get WTP but I cannot locate it. Can anyone be a gem and help me out?
Drop menu at the bottom: cheapest available, premium economy or greater, business or greater, first class. Select as you wish.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
I know I have in the past seen mention of what to enter into ITA to get WTP but I cannot locate it. Can anyone be a gem and help me out?
f bc=

I’m not sure of the WT+ codes
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
C:BA / f bc=w|bc=t|bc=e
dougzz likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Cluster One
C:BA / f bc=w bc=t bc=e
also choosing “cheapest possible” instead of premium economy gives better results
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:39 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place--first post, couldn't find a more obvious thread. I just noticed checking in for BA017 LHR-ICN tomorrow that instead of the usual 787-8, they'll be running a -9. Booked 7A to avoid stepping over anyone, but when I went to check in, I could select rows 1 or 2, which were singles instead of the usual doubles, and both facing forward. I called BA to be sure, and they said yup, it's a -9. I guess this is related to the engine thing?

In any case, if you're flying between LHR and ICN and booked in club, don't just check in -- have a look at the seat map!

If this is well known, again, sorry, but I thought I'd post just in case. I've gotten lots of good info of FT so wanted to help.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by haroldnorwal
Sorry if this is the wrong place--first post, couldn't find a more obvious thread. I just noticed checking in for BA017 LHR-ICN tomorrow that instead of the usual 787-8, they'll be running a -9. Booked 7A to avoid stepping over anyone, but when I went to check in, I could select rows 1 or 2, which were singles instead of the usual doubles, and both facing forward. I called BA to be sure, and they said yup, it's a -9. I guess this is related to the engine thing?

In any case, if you're flying between LHR and ICN and booked in club, don't just check in -- have a look at the seat map!

If this is well known, again, sorry, but I thought I'd post just in case. I've gotten lots of good info of FT so wanted to help.
Thanks for your post haroldnorwal and the 1st one at that so let me welcome you to Flyertalk and the BA Board. I hope you enjoy your time here and it's always good to get a heads up. AS you allude to there are well know issues with the 787 engines and there seems to be quite a bit of shuffling about from 3 class to 4 class and vice versa sometimes.

It's generally known on here that unless CW has more passengers than seats then the F cabin will be closed and this has happened even for those who could select a F seat, someone else nabs their previous CW seat and then they end up in a worse seat in the first place. See this thread and post as an example.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29073881-post16.html

You may be OK but it is a risk being moved back out the F cabin but others have been lucky and if they do I believe it's supposed to be Gold and above but good luck and hope it sticks!

Here are the loads and all zeroed out.

BA 17
LHR - 06/23/18 12:35 PM
ICN - 06/24/18 7:30 AM
Daily
71% / 27m
J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0
M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I tried picking "Premium Economy" but get business class each time. I will try with the C:BA... that Cluster One suggested.

Cheapest possible gives me Coach, and that is just one step too far for me

Thank you all!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Booked LHR>BKK in CW £1600 each for 2 people in November - not a bad price - I was actually looking ex GOT but LHR direct was cheaper. Shame about the old 777s on the route
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Chris9642
Booked LHR>BKK in CW £1600 each for 2 people in November - not a bad price - I was actually looking ex GOT but LHR direct was cheaper. Shame about the old 777s on the route
Did you check ex-AMS prices? Usually a lot cheaper. You can route on MH and/or CX, too.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:48 am

Yeah same dates are showing £2300 from AMS - a lot more expensive than Ex LHR
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:50 am

Yeah same dates are showing £2300 from AMS - a lot more expensive than Ex LHR
Can't complain about that then, mustn't have been much I availability. Ex-LHR makes it nice and easy, not having to reposition ^
Cymro likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:51 am

Agreed - GOT is around same price (slightly more) and gives you a route option via HKG (better plane I guess) but convenience of direct for that price I couldn’t miss !
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by flashware
Can't complain about that then, mustn't have been much I availability. Ex-LHR makes it nice and easy, not having to reposition ^
Just booked AMS-BKK for 1441 euro / £1267 in august and it still seems available till the end of 2018.
flashware likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Did you look at QR out of curiosity?

M
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by haroldnorwal

Just to follow up in case anyone's looking, as BA gold I was able to keep the 2A in F that I chose at OLCI. Had preordered a meal, which was followed me onto the F boarding pass, and can report that as some have said, it was all J food and amenity kits, but the same bedding as F would normally get (which tbh I guess is like a J product anyway haha). Hope others have the same luck!

I had kind of a chuckle after my attempt at a friendly 'great club seat, huh?' to the guy across the way was met with a look of pity for my provincial excitement...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.