Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Not sure how good of a deal this is, nor whether or not this is even bookable, but I wanted to cross a few items off my todo list, which were to try out a first class flight, the babybus, and both CCRs. This seems to fit the bill:

seanp7, rockflyertalk and tedcruz like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Well I make it 430TPs so not at all good value TP-run wise...

Also, how do you intend to get into the T5 CCR ?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Fitch
Well I make it 430TPs so not at all good value TP-run wise...

Also, how do you intend to get into the T5 CCR ?
Well, this is not intended to be a TP run, although I am sure I could make some weird stuff happen for TPs.

I thought that arriving guests from F traveling onward from T5 would have access... unless MAN flights are not in T5?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thebigben
Well, this is not intended to be a TP run, although I am sure I could make some weird stuff happen for TPs.

I thought that arriving guests from F traveling onward from T5 would have access... unless MAN flights are not in T5?
You'll be fine, as long as you can remind the lounge dragons of that. The flight is BA operated despite the AA flight number could be confusing! Given the extra avios earned as well I'd probably see if it was bookable on the BA prime code if the price difference is minimal.

(If connecting from AA F you'd only have access to the T5 Flounge).
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Yes, but I think you have to be on a BA ticket in F. I'm guessing an AA ticket won't count, even if on BA metal?

(Awaits an expert to come along and tell me I'm talking rubbish, but I understood the CCR to be effectively a BA lounge not a Oneworld F Lounge)

EDIT: Amazing Said expert corrected me before I'd even posted! So it's the operating carrier that counts for CCR access?

EDIT to EDIT: This post in the excellent forum dashboard https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28247209-post4.html confirms Cymro is correct and answers my question, it is BA operated rather than ticketed which counts. Good to know

Last edited by BertieBadger; Apr 19, 2018 at 8:09 am Reason: Answered own question
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BertieBadger

EDIT: Amazing Said expert corrected me before I'd even posted! So it's the operating carrier that counts for CCR access?
Yes
thebigben and BertieBadger like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by obduro
Have called multiple times to book ridiculous TP itineraries and the most comment I had was "wow that's a good fare..."

You'll be fine, and in the event you're not simply HUACA.
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
This reminds me of when I called up BA Holidays to book a "TP Effiecient Trip" and the woman at the end of the phone literally said word for word

"Is this one of these Flyertalk tickets?"
I had to HUACA for the first time today. The first agent produced a quote of something like £4,500 for a round-trip to HKG for the weekend, and wouldn't work with me at all to try to debug it. The second agent immediately found exactly the price that I had first thought of. And then asked me if I'd found it on ITA. "It sounded like you were reading it off that." Of course, he was right - and we didn't talk about FT.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Carlson, IHG Gold
Literally on the phone with BA now (the payment system has gone down so I'm on hold whilst they look at it) and booking my AMS-LHR-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS.

The price I was being quoted online (using Google Flights) which I had now prepared for was £1619. But he has quoted me £1276 right now, so can't complain at that!!!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by JustPete
Literally on the phone with BA now (the payment system has gone down so I'm on hold whilst they look at it) and booking my AMS-LHR-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS.

The price I was being quoted online (using Google Flights) which I had now prepared for was £1619. But he has quoted me £1276 right now, so can't complain at that!!!
Had that before, and it turned out I be the incorrect class of travel. Worth checking the confirmation email
JustPete likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss

Had that before, and it turned out I be the incorrect class of travel. Worth checking the confirmation email
What does that mean? Just that its zero flexibility? Or less TPs/Avios? Either way you're probably right and I should change it.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by JustPete
What does that mean? Just that its zero flexibility? Or less TPs/Avios? Either way you're probably right and I should change it.

Thanks
I think he means that some segments may not be in business.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
I think he means that some segments may not be in business.
Hmmm, had a quick check on my app, and it's all showing as CE/CW/Business
LCSinTexas and cgtechuk like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:13 am

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but if anyone is looking for a bank holiday break, a return from Heathrow to Portland is pricing really nicely at 1400 GBP for business and 1800 GBP for first. You won't find it on ITA, but Google Flights and BA both have it priced correctly.

If anyone wants to tag along, I am likely to take this opportunity for a holiday
bhbloke likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but if anyone is looking for a bank holiday break, a return from Heathrow to Portland is pricing really nicely at 1400 GBP for business and 1800 GBP for first. You won't find it on ITA, but Google Flights and BA both have it priced correctly.
Nice find, I've booked it but for August BH as that pushes into my next membership year for TP's
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:55 am

I'm not sure if it's mentioned before, but I can see some LIN-NYC/MIA-AMS in September for around £1,500.

Fare basis are INN9T2S4 LIN to NYC and INX9E7S6 MIA to AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.