FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Chris9642
I booked INV to ORD for £1700 via the BA website - prices fluctuated a lot and could only get price if I added in a Saturday evening stay !
I booked the same. I could only find it for departures on Wednesdays or Thursdays and with a Saturday night at destination.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
What months were you booking in?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by jday
What months were you booking in?
I looked at July and August but I think it was also available on other dates.

It’s possible I pasted the fare rules in this thread at the time, but I can’t remember
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
OK, so not officially premium, but OSL-LAX is going for c.£640 in WTP. Just booked that for my wife (OSL-LHR-LAX/MSY-LHR-OSL, UuA’d it all then booked her a mini TP run to BNA to see her family in August.

Dates wide open to lots of destinations.
This was at £450 six weeks ago ! Ooops. Still a very good deal.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by ringingup

I looked at July and August but I think it was also available on other dates.

It’s possible I pasted the fare rules in this thread at the time, but I can’t remember
Guess they’ve gone. Google Flights & ITA Matrix are saying they are around but the BA website isn’t playing ball. Late to the party
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by jday

Guess they’ve gone. Google Flights & ITA Matrix are saying they are around but the BA website isn’t playing ball. Late to the party
Have you tried pricing the itinerary as per ITA Matrix on BA.com using the multi city tool and choosing the flights one by one?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN

This was at £450 six weeks ago ! Ooops. Still a very good deal.
i don’t think it has been £450 for a very long time much more than 6 weeks ago
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Carlson, IHG Gold
How easy is it booking these flights over the phone with BA? I’ve found a pretty good itinerary or two for my upcoming BKK trip in July, departing AMS. And it is telling me to ring BA to book (and potentially incur and extra charge I believe). But I have read a few posts of people encountering push back from the agents on the line.
Is this likely? And will they be able to find the prices that I am seeing? Do I need to start some cover story for why I am departing from AMS?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JustPete
How easy is it booking these flights over the phone with BA? I’ve found a pretty good itinerary or two for my upcoming BKK trip in July, departing AMS. And it is telling me to ring BA to book (and potentially incur and extra charge I believe). But I have read a few posts of people encountering push back from the agents on the line.
Is this likely? And will they be able to find the prices that I am seeing? Do I need to start some cover story for why I am departing from AMS?
youll be fine calling. The stories of issues are very few and far between. Like with any booking, you do not need to give BA a reason for why you are starting in any particular place.
JustPete likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by haroon145
Early Februay is when the WTP OSL/ARN/CPH sale was on.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by haroon145

My mistake ! 7 weeks !
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
LHR to YVR in Oct through Jan from £1441 seems reasonable: https://goo.gl/flights/gEJx7

Edit: Sorry just seen this appears to be the going rate for west coast this year (Seattle, LAX, SAN etc).

Last edited by email2markt; Apr 1, 2018 at 10:18 am
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by JustPete
Have called multiple times to book ridiculous TP itineraries and the most comment I had was "wow that's a good fare..."

You'll be fine, and in the event you're not simply HUACA.
JustPete likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ringingup

I booked the same. I could only find it for departures on Wednesdays or Thursdays and with a Saturday night at destination.
Definitely requires a Saturday night, but I paid £1620 for my INV-LHR-ORD return in F through TravelUp and that's departing (and arriving) on a Saturday. So other options are definitely there.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by obduro
Have called multiple times to book ridiculous TP itineraries and the most comment I had was "wow that's a good fare..."

You'll be fine, and in the event you're not simply HUACA.

This reminds me of when I called up BA Holidays to book a "TP Effiecient Trip" and the woman at the end of the phone literally said word for word

"Is this one of these Flyertalk tickets?" If it isn't it has it written all over it, Gold Card, Starting in Norway ending in Amsterdam I nearly fell off my chair

I have also booked a 16 sector LAX-PTY over the phone too so you wil be fine
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.