Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone have any idea of what would constitute a good price for First on LGW to UVF in November 2018 ? Currently £3k return. Is that about average or is there a chance that it could be significantly lower ?

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Yetak
Does anyone have any idea of what would constitute a good price for First on LGW to UVF in November 2018 ? Currently £3k return. Is that about average or is there a chance that it could be significantly lower ?

Thanks.
try the low price finder https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Yetak likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AA : BA

Thanks.
Take a look at the archive sale fares:

The Ultimate BA Sale Fare Archive | Continental Club Blog
Yetak likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate

Thanks.
About £2.5k would be good for that route
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
be very very careful QR are renowned for cancelling holds when the inventory starts filling up, dont wait too long
My husband threw the towel after hearing about 17h on a plane, so I can proceed with hold for my name only. I admit, 14h to Australia wasn't fun.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by A P Yu
About £2.5k would be good for that route
Thanks, that's useful info.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
My husband threw the towel after hearing about 17h on a plane, so I can proceed with hold for my name only. I admit, 14h to Australia wasn't fun.
Well, I don't regard sleep as fun, but I had fun before I slept (and on the way to DOH) in QR J from SYD. Will do AKL next month.

Only trouble I had was everyone deciding to bed down at the start, then get up after 8 hours and start actings as if its everyone has. I was up 5 hours initially and then tried to sleep.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:14 am

I'm sure I am in the minority but I enjoyed the flight. I watched a couple of movies and had dinner, then bedded down for c8hrs. Woke up, had some breakfast, watched another couple of movies and it was time to disembark.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:25 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
The product on QR was so good that the 18hrs didn't seem like a chore in the slightest, quite enjoyed it in fact, and that seems to be the common mood on that flight. Wouldn't even think of doing it in Y.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks for AKL, good find. Put it on hold until can discuss it with other half. 17h flight is not fun even in business.
Originally Posted by Paul Coles
The product on QR was so good that the 18hrs didn't seem like a chore in the slightest, quite enjoyed it in fact, and that seems to be the common mood on that flight. Wouldn't even think of doing it in Y.
It does rather put the rest of this board's discussions into perspective when flying to Australia or New Zealand in business class is regarded by some as a tiresome chore, and economy is simply unacceptable. I mean, just how do the vast majority of the world's passengers manage to do it in Y? And more importantly, what light does that shed on the credibility of all the views that we propound about the unacceptability of X, Y or Z in BA's offerings?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am I the 1000th person to ask - does QR do a 24hr cooling ?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Am I the 1000th person to ask - does QR do a 24hr cooling ?
@mikeyfly no

They allow hold for a cost but for the ultra low fare R tickets they have a habit of cancelling holds in the past
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
@mikeyfly no

They allow hold for a cost but for the ultra low fare R tickets they have a habit of cancelling holds in the past
Great thanks for this - £14.00 paid to hold two MAN-AKL for £2700
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It does rather put the rest of this board's discussions into perspective when flying to Australia or New Zealand in business class is regarded by some as a tiresome chore, and economy is simply unacceptable. I mean, just how do the vast majority of the world's passengers manage to do it in Y? And more importantly, what light does that shed on the credibility of all the views that we propound about the unacceptability of X, Y or Z in BA's offerings?

I could not agree more. As someone who is forced to fly in Y (with the very occasional J when lucky) and is about to do LHR-GRU-MVD-GRU-LHR followed straight away by LHR-SYD in a seven day period, all in Y, I put up with it and would love to be able to turn up knowing I am in a J seat and that, for the most part, 12 hours or more will pass by fairly comfortably.
dougzz likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I contemplated booking the fare, but 17 hours on the 777-200's without a QSuite, is just too long - especially as I was looking at a near back-to-back!

The HKG routing is far more palpable, a tad cheaper, and all for just 40 TPs less.

M
Gastrocnemius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.