https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

1550 lbs ARN-EZE

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
1500 lbs OSL-GIG
Is that the weight of your luggage?

"lbs" is the abbreviation for the unit of weight, equal to 0.454 kg, now obsolete everywhere except the US and the pages of the Daily Telegraph. The symbol for the currency is £, or you can use "GBP".
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Misco60

"lbs" is the abbreviation for the unit of weight, equal to 0.454 kg, now obsolete everywhere except the US and the pages of the Daily Telegraph. The symbol for the currency is £, or you can use "GBP".
Not to mention soon to be reintroduced in UK&NI as the only correct way of defining weight
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Not to mention soon to be reintroduced in UK&NI as the only correct way of defining weight
I wouldn’t be so sure about NI
AdBoy and 'andad like this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR

Booked one of these the other day as a BA Holiday

If you do

AMS - LHR - GRU - LHR - OSL

or

OSL - LHR - GRU - LHR LGW - AMS

You can get it for £1504 give or take, The second example helping those who dont want to go back to AMS
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Found a good deal to Vietnam in J over Christmas and new year. Cheapest I’ve seen from LHR, ever, has been £1950.

Just booked ARN-HEL-SGN-HEL-LHR on Finnair for £1500. Loved the fact it returned to LHR as we have a weekend of sport the day after we get back, so it means we could maximise time away. All sectors apart from ARN-HEL is on A350 so that’s a big win too, much nicer way to end than an A320 back to LHR! The AY longhaul A350 looks lush (love the look of the glassware!) so that’s something to look forward to as well. We are going to have 3 days in Stockholm prior to the start of the ticket wandering round the Christmas markets so there’s no worries about missing anything. The positioning fare is on a one-way RFS so very cheap too.

Thanks to all those who have contributed tips on using Matrix on here.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Found a good deal to Vietnam in J over Christmas and new year. Cheapest I’ve seen from LHR, ever, has been £1950.

Just booked ARN-HEL-SGN-HEL-LHR on Finnair for £1500. Loved the fact it returned to LHR as we have a weekend of sport the day after we get back, so it means we could maximise time away. All sectors apart from ARN-HEL is on A350 so that’s a big win too, much nicer way to end than an A320 back to LHR! The AY longhaul A350 looks lush (love the look of the glassware!) so that’s something to look forward to as well. We are going to have 3 days in Stockholm prior to the start of the ticket wandering round the Christmas markets so there’s no worries about missing anything. The positioning fare is on a one-way RFS so very cheap too.

Thanks to all those who have contributed tips on using Matrix on here.
Be sure to pre-order the Reindeer on the HEL-SGN flight. It may not look much, but it's really quite delicious.
mikeyfly and TheFlyingCyclist like this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Norn Iron​​​​​​​?
Calchas likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Misco60

I know, I know, it was a joke :P
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:33 am

Northern Ireland is the UK.

Does anyone know why there is so few deals from Dublin this year? Can't find return under 1880 euros.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Owenc

Does anyone know why there is so few deals from Dublin this year? Can't find return under 1880 euros.
A number of factors:
  • GBP:EUR ratio has gone from around 1.3 in 2016 to around 1.2 in 2017 to nearly 1.1 currently, so that accounts for 10-20% of the increase.
  • IAG acquiring EI has probably led to slowly increasing prices out of DUB as well.
  • The Irish economy (at least around Dublin) seems to have improved steadily if hotel rates are any indication, so the bigger sale that we often saw in Q1 in past years did not happen this year
I just paid roughly double for an ex-EU vs. what I paid during the Q1 sales in 2016, though only about 10% more than what I was typically paying last year.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:16 am

Thanks, 1880 was quoted in euros. The lowest i've seen was 1200 euros via LHR, but that was only for a short time period. I guess demand is higher this year.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

so good they named it twice?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:58 am

Named what twice? I hope this is not going to turn political because it is not going to go down well.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:29 am

Named what twice? I hope this is not going to turn political because it is not going to go down well.
Adding NI after UK - was a bit of a meta comment, assuming you went with the full name of UK and then added NI to that. Same vein as ppl (pedants?) commenting on “the” before ”Los”...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.