Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Same AMS-BKK via LHR on BA are only 1440 Euro...
Less TP, though.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Oh I know, but at €1600 on QR I'd likely have chosen that option. 560 TPs vs 360-460 on BA and better planes. At €1900 however, the premium for QR is too much.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I am starting to plan a trip out for a big celebration trip next October (2019). Ideally looking to fly to the US in either Chicago, Denver or Texas as start point for a road trip (final itinerary TBC).

Looking for F each way for 2 people - does anyone know when is likely to be best time to pick up a good fare for this - was assuming Christmas sale? Also, what are the historically good prices I should be looking to pay for the ticket? Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
These seem to be pricing at €1900 today.
Yes, 1600 nowadays on QR is too good to last very long, let’s just hope for a better ‘Travel Festival” in January, like QR used to have..
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Hey all, I usually do one trip a year to EZE, so far it has always been in economy paying around £800 return. It works for me as a short and slim(ish) female who can sleep in almost any position. My partner on the other hand struggles being rather tall and whilst a flat bed is no guarantee he'd actually be able to sleep it would give him a lot more comfort. All that to say I've been looking at possibly going business class next time we travel (premium economy would be a consideration if we could get bulkhead seats, but as a mere blue member those would have to be paid for, at which point business class fares make sense).

Travel time is anywhere between mid-february 2019 and early april 2019 for 2 weeks. Sadly tied to a friday/saturday departure and same for the return (so no cheap mid-week fares for us . ) Cheapest I've managed to price it is with fare INN91C starting in AMS for around £1611 (give or take a few due to currency fluctuations). I could get a positioning flight using avios as there seems to be good availability. Do any of you knowledgeable people have an idea of whether this is about the best I can hope for?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
has anyone worked out the ITA codes to make that with a HKG stopover that lasts for a few days and the BKK bit being as short as possible. I can get it with like 10 hours in HKG and a day or two in BKK but still haven't managed it the other way around.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I am starting to plan a trip out for a big celebration trip next October (2019). Ideally looking to fly to the US in either Chicago, Denver or Texas as start point for a road trip (final itinerary TBC).

Looking for F each way for 2 people - does anyone know when is likely to be best time to pick up a good fare for this - was assuming Christmas sale? Also, what are the historically good prices I should be looking to pay for the ticket? Thanks for any help you can offer!
For historic sale prices check out this link:
British Airways Business & First Class Sale Fares 2018 Continental Club Blog
jimlad48 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by yrin
Hey all, I usually do one trip a year to EZE, so far it has always been in economy paying around £800 return. It works for me as a short and slim(ish) female who can sleep in almost any position. My partner on the other hand struggles being rather tall and whilst a flat bed is no guarantee he'd actually be able to sleep it would give him a lot more comfort. All that to say I've been looking at possibly going business class next time we travel (premium economy would be a consideration if we could get bulkhead seats, but as a mere blue member those would have to be paid for, at which point business class fares make sense).

Travel time is anywhere between mid-february 2019 and early april 2019 for 2 weeks. Sadly tied to a friday/saturday departure and same for the return (so no cheap mid-week fares for us . ) Cheapest I've managed to price it is with fare INN91C starting in AMS for around £1611 (give or take a few due to currency fluctuations). I could get a positioning flight using avios as there seems to be good availability. Do any of you knowledgeable people have an idea of whether this is about the best I can hope for?
If inbound on april 6 meets you requirements there is ARN-EZE via LHR, a little cheaper for £1565,-

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...83*.GBP.153583
yrin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Originally Posted by Great_circle

If inbound on april 6 meets you requirements there is ARN-EZE via LHR, a little cheaper for £1565,-

Thank you, that date pair does work and saves a few quid!
Great_circle likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
MAN/EDI-MIA is around £1550 and probably easier to position. Although it's date dependent and I don't know when the matches are for flying dates!
Good call. I rarely remember to check EDI or MAN
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by tinkicker
has anyone worked out the ITA codes to make that with a HKG stopover that lasts for a few days and the BKK bit being as short as possible. I can get it with like 10 hours in HKG and a day or two in BKK but still haven't managed it the other way around.
Book as three segments on ITA

AMS :: LHR --> HKG

HKG --> BKK
BKK :: SIN --> LHR
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Hi yrin

we do this trip 2 -3 times per year and generally find AMS to be the optimum start point and usually get these in the range of £1590 to £1690 for CW, the ARN fare is definitely at the lower end of anything we have seen.
Originally Posted by Great_circle

Thank you, that date pair does work and saves a few quid!
yrin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Just booked under the Swiss first class companion offer - out 14 Dec to Bombay , Back 1 Jan from Mumbai - £1492 each in FIRST!

On the way back the Economy fare was more than this!

Thanks flyertalk.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
There's currently a deal booking through the BA website for Qatar from UK airports to Penang. J return can be had for about £800 return. I priced up EDI-PEN for that in Feb2019 but can't get the connecting flights to EDI to work (constrained by SWMBO being a teacher).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by offshore_bob
There's currently a deal booking through the BA website for Qatar from UK airports to Penang. J return can be had for about £800 return. I priced up EDI-PEN for that in Feb2019 but can't get the connecting flights to EDI to work (constrained by SWMBO being a teacher).
This has been pulled.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.