FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Lefly
For anyone interested, it seems that out of AMS price were lowered for various US destinations in some dates in July, August and December.
I didn't check thoroughly but there is Montreal from €1253, Washington from €1356, RTM-NYC from €1323, Toronto from €1350.
Also LAS seems to be around €1680.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-nl...-class-flights
Many thanks for flagging this Lefly, I grabbed a RTM-LCY/LHR-BOS return for £1,130 yesterday for 2 weeks time which is very good for such short notice.
Fares need to be purchased / ticketed by 20th June and it is a 14 day advance purchase requirement (normally 28 days on these types of fares) so handy for anybody who needs to get to the U.S. for July 4th last minute!

Pilot37
Lefly likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Many thanks for flagging this Lefly, I grabbed a RTM-LCY/LHR-BOS return for £1,130 yesterday for 2 weeks time which is very good for such short notice.
Fares need to be purchased / ticketed by 20th June and it is a 14 day advance purchase requirement (normally 28 days on these types of fares) so handy for anybody who needs to get to the U.S. for July 4th last minute!

Pilot37
+1 on this. Just booked AMS-LHR-YUL, followed by YUL-PHL-LHR-AMS (need to be back in London earlier than the direct flight allows) for £1080, all ticketed on AA. Not a TP run but 400 TPs are very welcome.
Lefly likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Lefly
For anyone interested, it seems that out of AMS price were lowered for various US destinations in some dates in July, August and December.
I didn't check thoroughly but there is Montreal from €1253, Washington from €1356, RTM-NYC from €1323, Toronto from €1350.
Also LAS seems to be around €1680.
I need to fly to NYC or YUL for mid july 16 july but I'd like to only spend 4 or so days out there - is there any way to take advantage of this without doing 7 days?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by raphph
I need to fly to NYC or YUL for mid july 16 july but I'd like to only spend 4 or so days out there - is there any way to take advantage of this without doing 7 days?
A quick look suggests the minimum stay is Sat night.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
7 Days aren't necessary on this fare but a Saturday night is:

List of Fare Rules are:

Category 3: Seasonal restrictions
PERMITTED 14JUN 18 THROUGH 09SEP 18 OR 17DEC 18 THROUGH 31DEC 18 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 20JUN 18.

Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.

Category 6: Minimum stay requirements
ORIGINATING EUROPE - TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 6 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR OR - TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Pilot37
raphph likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:44 am

You'd need to spend the weekend but this is how I'm doing it so I can be back in work on the Monday morning.

If LCY is more convenient, you could potentially fly to AMS from there in the evening.

raphph likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:33 am

@everyone: sorry for the garbage in my previous post.

I alerted the moderators to remove my message.

It was a reply to the post of CYMRO: I'm unable to get the same price, even by reproducing exactly the route in ITA.

It's now (at least for me) 1322 GBP.

Anyone having more success?

Stan
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin
Worse success. Just been looking for a trip mid July and prices seem to have doubled. :-(
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:40 am

Too bad those prices aren’t exUS!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:40 am

Pilot37
Originally Posted by StanStorby
@everyone: sorry for the garbage in my previous post.

I alerted the moderators to remove my message.

It was a reply to the post of CYMRO: I'm unable to get the same price, even by reproducing exactly the route in ITA.

It's now (at least for me) 1322 GBP.

Anyone having more success?

Stan
I'm also seeing that. I did wonder if it was a point-of-sale issue but it looks like it's been repriced and I got lucky! Even the OTAs in Kayak have repriced. AA through ITA is still significantly cheaper (with better availability) than BA direct.
Lefly likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Was seeing these type of fares ex-AMS and DUB to various eastern North America destinations for early August. Two hours later - poof- everything's gone up £300.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Too bad those prices aren’t exUS!
Indeed!

<Insert lack of decent ex-US deals whining here!>

rb211.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RB211
Indeed!

<Insert lack of decent ex-US deals whining here!>

rb211.
Market pricing unfortunately.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by SCSA
Market pricing unfortunately.
Yep. I totally borked my TATL travel this year. Booked the first trip, then shortly after I booked another. Then a third one is in progress at the moment. Had I thought ahead I could have made the first ticket return the end, and then grabbed 2 exEU tickets for the in-between trips.

Oh well. Guess that a hard reminder to think ahead.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Cymro
I'm also seeing that. I did wonder if it was a point-of-sale issue but it looks like it's been repriced and I got lucky! Even the OTAs in Kayak have repriced. AA through ITA is still significantly cheaper (with better availability) than BA direct.
So much for "ticket by" on fare rules... It is still very true that if a price is right, one need to move quickly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.