Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Calum
I have noticed the dirt cheap INV F fares have started disappearing over the last week, probably used and abused by this point. J fares are still there under £1500, but the £1700 F fares to JFK/ORD/MIA/BOS are gone via BA.com/google flights, might still be bookable elsewhere.
@Sealink notes in post #510 that the ex-INV F goose seems to have been well & truly cooked
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

@Sealink notes in post #510 that the ex-INV F goose seems to have been well & truly cooked
A sad day indeed, nothing lasts forever I guess! I still remember buy ex-dub fares for £650 in J to NYC in 2015, the airfare game has changed quite a bit since then.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:57 am

Aye Dublin is an absolute fortune this year.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jday

What do you use to find those fares? Using google flights I can only get INV > BOS as low as £2,000 and that’s via ORD in May.

Thanks
I used Amex Travel...
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Hi - I've done two so far. The first with the nested LHR-HEL side trip included - trip report can be found here: Trip Report OTP-PHX. The second a less complex holiday (with billinghamv) - trip report can be found here:Trip Report OTP-PHX. The second one includes a report of visits to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley if you are interested. I've got another one scheduled for Nov 2018.

These trip reports reflect my thoughts on BA's First Class product on the 787-9 and A380, Finnair's A350, AA's A330, my first ever Op-Up in to BA First Class, the Cathay Pacific First Lounge at Heathrow T3, the CCR furniture revamp, and lots of pictures of food and champagne.

In summary, I found the OTP-PHX trips easy to deal with, and allowed me time to catch up with work as I traveled due to decent connection timings. I organized BA positioning flights which allowed me to stay overnight in Bucharest.

Note: this blog is hosted outside of FlyerTalk. It includes the normal day by day, flight by flight description of my trips. There is no commercial value to me when people click through to my blog. It's there to help others and make them smile.
Thanks so much ! Very enjoyable !
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am still seeing First availability for INV-ORD from July right through to Feb 2019. Appears to be bookable on BA.com
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hi - I've done two so far. The first with the nested LHR-HEL side trip included - trip report can be found here: Trip Report OTP-PHX. The second a less complex holiday (with billinghamv) - trip report can be found here:Trip Report OTP-PHX. The second one includes a report of visits to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley if you are interested. I've got another one scheduled for Nov 2018.

These trip reports reflect my thoughts on BA's First Class product on the 787-9 and A380, Finnair's A350, AA's A330, my first ever Op-Up in to BA First Class, the Cathay Pacific First Lounge at Heathrow T3, the CCR furniture revamp, and lots of pictures of food and champagne.

In summary, I found the OTP-PHX trips easy to deal with, and allowed me time to catch up with work as I traveled due to decent connection timings. I organized BA positioning flights which allowed me to stay overnight in Bucharest.

Note: this blog is hosted outside of FlyerTalk. It includes the normal day by day, flight by flight description of my trips. There is no commercial value to me when people click through to my blog. It's there to help others and make them smile.
Good to see you're still bouncing around the skies! Hope to bump into you in another lounge sometime ^
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by PIKnic
I am still seeing First availability for INV-ORD from July right through to Feb 2019. Appears to be bookable on BA.com
​​​​​​
I can't see anything in region of £1.7k rtn... Screenshot?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Sealink
​​​​​​
It did exist, I saw it with my own eyes, but I think a few people mentioned this fare is now gone.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:19 am

Really enjoyable read. Your enthusiasm is palpable!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:28 pm

So LHR-PDX is back for around £1490 in J.

Routing through SEA/SFO/SJC and more, some routes with F upgrades at £200 each way on the long-haul flight.

Not massive earnings, at 360TP (up to 500TP in F), but a decent £1500 ticket straight out of London to a great destination nonetheless.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sealink
​​​​​​
This is now back in the system, btw, if you're interested. Showing as £1698.

EDIT: BA seems to bring it back up to £2450, sorry...!

DOUBLE EDIT: But business is about £1300...
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:48 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
So LHR-PDX is back for around £1490 in J.

Routing through SEA/SFO/SJC and more, some routes with F upgrades at £200 each way on the long-haul flight.

Not massive earnings, at 360TP (up to 500TP in F), but a decent £1500 ticket straight out of London to a great destination nonetheless.
Can do LHR-JFK-LAX-PDX and return for 640TPs in J - could possibly be improved further.

Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:33 pm

You can route something like LHR-MAD-JFK-LAX-PDX-LAX-JFK-MAD-LHR for £1,552 and 720 TPs, but that is best left to the TP run thread.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by rossmacd
You can route something like LHR-MAD-JFK-LAX-PDX-LAX-JFK-MAD-LHR for £1,552 and 720 TPs, but that is best left to the TP run thread.

shame HEL doesn't work , or even a nice exINV start haha, still decent
LCSinTexas likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.