Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OWBA
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2017 Tier Point thread. We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
  • from JER to PDX IKN8T1S6 reported in this post, e.g. PDX £1,082, needs to be booked by 8 May, see linked post for details

Advanced Promotion Fares
  • from OTP to PHX ILN8C8S4 reported here, e.g. PHX - £1,296, see linked post for details
  • from AMS to BKK INCEU60 reported here, e.g. BKK - £1,340, see linked post for details

See here in post #9 for a 2018 archive of exEU sale fare, and see this post in the 2017 thread for last years’ archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under £3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe
Code:
3Feb 200TPs DUB-LHR-HEL/HEL-LHR all I class ba.com
From North, Central and South America

23Sep £1.48/TP £650 (US$853) 440 TPs JFK-CLT/BOS-LAX-LAS and return all I class aa.com
6Sep £1.50/TP US$457 240TPs RIC-CLT-DCA-BOS, BOS-LGA/PHL-CLT-RIC all I class aa.com
Jan/Feb wide open £1.94/TP £700(US$883) 360 TPs SEA-CLT-MCO-PHX-SEA all I class aa.com

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia
18Jan £1.58/TP £883 560 CMB-xHKG-CGK return I cathaypacific.com ermen CX
28Feb £1.44/TP £575 400 MCT-DOH-BKK-DOH-MCT A/R/R/A travel.americanexpress.co.uk QR
21Feb £1.53/TP £860 560 HKG-CMB-MEL return I Expedia.com.hk Firemin UL
16Mar £1.22/TP £687 560 CGK-CMB-DXB return I srilankan.com Firemin UL
01Apr £0.87/TP £314 360 PEN-KUL-KTM return Malaysian.com cgtechuk MH
01Apr £1.19/TP £335 280 KUL-PER return Malaysian.com cgtechuk MH
01Apr £1.28/TP £335 360 PEN-KUL-PER return Malaysian.com cgtechuk MH
05Apr £2.00/TP £320 160 CAN-HKG-TPE return CathayPacific.com littlevoices CX/KA (flexible fare, bookable up to 24 hours in advance, allows stopovers, book with CX directly)

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post #4 of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under £300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post of this thread, MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under £500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for £520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2017 Archive
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Etxebas
Has anyone been able to find something like this but for Jan/Feb/March? Everything I am seeing is either pre Jan or in July..... Need a TP Run for the first quarter of the year!
Fare rules state "PERMITTED 27JUN THROUGH 04SEP OR 18NOV THROUGH 22NOV OR
22DEC THROUGH 01JAN OR 15APR THROUGH 26APR FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IFE Wizard
Fare rules state "PERMITTED 27JUN THROUGH 04SEP OR 18NOV THROUGH 22NOV OR
22DEC THROUGH 01JAN OR 15APR THROUGH 26APR FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
No luck for me then! Hopefully another good fare will come soon... or not
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: AA LTPlat, Marriott LTTitanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
My upcoming RTW trip is HND-SIN-SYD-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-LHR-LAX-DFW-SJU-ORD-JFK-LAX-HKG-CGK-NRT on an AONE ticket. I plan on three of these in the next 3 months to get GGL and EXP.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by boogen
My upcoming RTW trip is HND-SIN-SYD-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-LHR-LAX-DFW-SJU-ORD-JFK-LAX-HKG-CGK-NRT on an AONE ticket. I plan on three of these in the next 3 months to get GGL and EXP.
Three RTWs in three months???? in J or Y? You are crazy... What did you pay? and also how did you manage te backtracking between DOH-CDG-DOH-LHR ....
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by chrini1
Three RTWs in three months???? in J or Y? You are crazy... What did you pay? and also how did you manage te backtracking between DOH-CDG-DOH-LHR ....
An AONEx is a F class RTW.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by flashware
An AONEx is a F class RTW.
Ok. Still 3 RTW in 3 months???? Just to get your GGL Card? Sounds like not flying otherwise...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
I’m on 3000 TP.

Unexpectedly got the next six weeks clear. Any recommendations for the easiest/cheapest way to hit GGL?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Vgravity
I’m on 3000 TP.

Unexpectedly got the next six weeks clear. Any recommendations for the easiest/cheapest way to hit GGL?
Well, only you can decide if that's worth it - quite a jump in 6 weeks, but...

OSL-DXB in WTP for £700 return.
3 x DXB-CMB-CGK returns at £670 each.

£2700ish and with your positioning flights to OSL should crack 2K TPs.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Wozza's advice is quite nice as far as cost is concerned. If you have places you want to visit, a RTW ticket will do that but it would cost ~6000 GBP I think.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any thoughts for Brisbane from Europe for the first week of Feb 2019? Seeing about £2,100 in J with QR though it takes about 45 hours...(OSL-DOH-MEL then domestic). Looking for under £2K?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Well, only you can decide if that's worth it - quite a jump in 6 weeks, but...

OSL-DXB in WTP for £700 return.
3 x DXB-CMB-CGK returns at £670 each.

£2700ish and with your positioning flights to OSL should crack 2K TPs.
Amazing! Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA LTPlat, Marriott LTTitanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
The trip was designed to maximize First Class legs. I have business in most of those cities. One round trip per city pair is allowed on a RTW fare.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by tinkicker
Any thoughts for Brisbane from Europe for the first week of Feb 2019? Seeing about £2,100 in J with QR though it takes about 45 hours...(OSL-DOH-MEL then domestic). Looking for under £2K?
Not in OW... Air China Black Friday Sales... around 1500 EUR
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
Just a brief aside...

I'm currently on my way back from Australia, having bagged one of the ridiculously cheap QR ex-Oslo fares earlier this year. The gate agent in Melbourne asked, with a smile, whether I was in Melbourne for a reason or just renewing my Gold status.

He also said that I was extremely unlikely ever to find another fare as good as that ex-OSL sale... (I paid around £1450).
came back from AKL with a fare of around 1200GBP ex OSL
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
Some advice please

I am not a tier point run expert but after a burst of CW flights and a F deal to CPT with BA next March I will find myself with 810 TPs. I do not particularly need Gold as such but thought I might go for it for the hell of it - I am retired and only travel for leisure. Black Friday is coming up with the distinct possibility of sales. I have followed the Gothenburg thread and this looks a distinct possibility but I do not mind going East either if Qatar come up with a deal via Doha albeit this might only net me 560TPs excluding positioning flights. The question is can the experts on here recommend a good TP run for 700 points based on Black Friday history, or without it for that matter. All advice gratefully received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.