Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Hello,

I am trying to search Avios availability and price for a NCE/LGW/FLL/LGW/NCE journey with no stopovers in LGW in either direction. However, when i request NCE/FLL and return the response is BA or its Partners do not fly this route. Is it possible in some way to enter and get this itinerary priced? I know that I can do it as two separate journeys (NCE/LGW/NCE and LGW/FLL/LGW) but I would like it on one ticket to avoid having to pay UK departure tax as you can for an itinerary paying by cash.

So is it possible to book this online somehow?
Cheers
Steve
I can't seem to get it as one either so it's probably not possible online. So, if the website can't do it as one ticket then just choose the flights you want, assuming availability is there, and call asking them to book it as one.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Hello,

I am trying to search Avios availability and price for a NCE/LGW/FLL/LGW/NCE journey with no stopovers in LGW in either direction. However, when i request NCE/FLL and return the response is BA or its Partners do not fly this route. Is it possible in some way to enter and get this itinerary priced? I know that I can do it as two separate journeys (NCE/LGW/NCE and LGW/FLL/LGW) but I would like it on one ticket to avoid having to pay UK departure tax as you can for an itinerary paying by cash.

So is it possible to book this online somehow?
Cheers
Steve
Are you able to book it by selecting the stopover option, but choosing a connecting flight that departs within 24 hours of your arrival at LGW?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by guv1976
Are you able to book it by selecting the stopover option, but choosing a connecting flight that departs within 24 hours of your arrival at LGW?
Hi,

No, I do not even get as far as seeing a stopover option. I get the BA or its Partners do not fly this route right at the beginning of the process.
Cheers
Steve
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This is probably lost somewhere in this thread, but...

I have an avios booking TATL, but even as Gold it says only one free checked bag - is this correct?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CKBA
This is probably lost somewhere in this thread, but...

I have an avios booking TATL, but even as Gold it says only one free checked bag - is this correct?
depends what cabin you are in, but it wont be less than 2 bags. There is no difference for checked baggage allowance for long haul reward vs revenue. Have a look at the guide here BA Baggage Guide
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

depends what cabin you are in, but it wont be less than 2 bags. There is no difference for checked baggage allowance for long haul reward vs revenue. Have a look at the guide here BA Baggage Guide
Thanks KARFA - I checked, and online there is no specific mention of any reward flight, so I'm assuming that in Y the standard 1 checked plus 1 BAEC checked will hold up, although in manage my booking it says only 1... .
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CKBA
Thanks KARFA - I checked, and online there is no specific mention of any reward flight, so I'm assuming that in Y the standard 1 checked plus 1 BAEC checked will hold up, although in manage my booking it says only 1... .
Yes it would be 2 bags in Y.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Quick one... Is there any way to mix Gold Priority Reward and normal reward booking?

I am looking at a SEA > LHR > TLS and TLS > LHR > SEA, but the LHR > TLS on the right time is out of reward tickets, and the one with still availability means an 8 hour layover in LHR...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Executive
I am trying to redeem/spend Avios for a hotel but the BA website seems jacked up. It keeps looping an error. I've been wrestling with the website for an hour, drives me nuts.

https://britishairways.switchfly.com...ault/error.cfm
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by JK90025
I am trying to redeem/spend Avios for a hotel but the BA website seems jacked up. It keeps looping an error. I've been wrestling with the website for an hour, drives me nuts.

https://britishairways.switchfly.com...ault/error.cfm
Working fine for me in IE and Chrome. Clear cookies, cache etc, reboot computer?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Executive
I've tried on three different PCs, one of which is an out of the box Win10, never been used machine, just installed Chrome and it still gives me the same loop. Maybe I'm navigating wrong or something. I am raging, I've been at this for an hour. I can book hotel through normal channel, but navigating via "/Executive Club/Spending Avios/Hotels" is a bust. I get a prompt that says "Be aware you won't be able to change your booking" (praphrase) and click "Continue" and that's the end of the line. US website.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by JK90025
I've tried on three different PCs, one of which is an out of the box Win10, never been used machine, just installed Chrome and it still gives me the same loop. Maybe I'm navigating wrong or something. I am raging, I've been at this for an hour. I can book hotel through normal channel, but navigating via "/Executive Club/Spending Avios/Hotels" is a bust. I get a prompt that says "Be aware you won't be able to change your booking" (praphrase) and click "Continue" and that's the end of the line. US website.
Mmm. Not sure what's going on there then. If you call and say the website isn't working, as it should be in your case, they should waive the telephone booking fee.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
14 Dec (peak or not?)

“Off peak”?

Trying to book what looks like an off peak date but it is pricing as peak. I checked the calendar and it suggests 14 Dec is a peak date so is the tab on the screenshot an error?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
“Off peak”?

Trying to book what looks like an off peak date but it is pricing as peak. I checked the calendar and it suggests 14 Dec is a peak date so is the tab on the screenshot an error?
Definitely looks like an an error on the page/it's not been updated etc.

When it's off peak there is usually a separate box once you click on the date and you can see this if you go back to the Wednesday and Thursday of that week when it prices up at the off peak at 19,500 Avios required.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PETER01
Definitely looks like an an error on the page/it's not been updated etc.

When it's off peak there is usually a separate box once you click on the date and you can see this if you go back to the Wednesday and Thursday of that week when it prices up at the off peak at 19,500 Avios required.
Okay, thanks. If it was off peak I would have booked with BA but if its peak and I can get CX at the same rate I may just book that. Just need to decide if I value the night flight times on BA more than the day flight times on CX. Id be in Y, most likely. W at a push, but not J.
PETER01 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.