Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Rufin

Thanks Flashware, just checked on redemption finder, no availability
How about in reverse? What about SJC?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:09 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to get from LHR to DPS using avios and a companion voucher or if I would have to fly to say Singapore and then a get a connection? I've tried baredemtionfinder.com to no avail. I know Qatar fly there but I can't see a way to book via the BA website.

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
You can only put BA flights on a companion voucher booking. A connection on a partner would have to be on a separate ticket.

Your options are QR from DOH, CX from HKG or MH from KUL. No partners fly SIN-DPS but there are cash options of course.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: EK
good afternoon everyone,
i seem to have amassed quite a bit of avios miles and would like to finally put them to use. i'm trying to travel from IAD or JFK and end up in Jakarta. i can't seem to wrap my head around the easiest way to find a business class seat, that gets me from the US to Jakarta. i don't mind stops along the roues and my flights are pretty flexible, leave in mid-Feb and return in mid-April. any short cuts i can read and try to learn?

realized i should add more info. i'd be open to leaving from east coast of the US to Jakarta, Singapore, KL or anywhere in that part of the world, so i can get to my final destination. fwiw i believe i have 220-250K miles to spend.

Last edited by nuzbim; Dec 28, 2018 at 1:31 pm Reason: terrible language usage
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nuzbim
good afternoon everyone,
i seem to have amassed quite a bit of avios miles and would like to finally put them to use. i'm trying to travel from IAD or JFK and end up in Jakarta. i can't seem to wrap my head around the easiest way to find a business class seat, that gets me from the US to Jakarta. i don't mind stops along the roues and my flights are pretty flexible, leave in mid-Feb and return in mid-April. any short cuts i can read and try to learn?

realized i should add more info. i'd be open to leaving from east coast of the US to Jakarta, Singapore, KL or anywhere in that part of the world, so i can get to my final destination. fwiw i believe i have 220-250K miles to spend.
Your best option for redeeming BA Avios would be to redeem for a BAEC multi-partner award, which should cost 240,000 Avios (+ taxes and carrier charges, of course) for the roundtrip in Business Class. You would likely fly via HKG or NRT, and travel on two or more of the following carriers: AA, CX, JL.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:21 pm

is AA J no longer being shown on BA.com?

i found May 4, 2019 award/saver availability in J on aa.com and qantas.com CDG-JFK-DCA on AA45, AA2773. BA.com says there are 7 seats in Y but 0 in J available to book.

edit: same question about May 4, 2019 ZRH-PHL-DCA, AA93/AA4583

Last edited by xerenthar; Dec 30, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread is being closed to ensure good housekeeping. However there is a new thread for 2019 and that can be found here:

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
PETER01 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.