Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:36 am

On a random note... the CSM on my flight out to Barcelona this weekend congratulated me for "joining the Silver club". Small thing, but I thought it was a nice touch.

With that said, my missus is going to be annoyed if she doesn't get the same on her next flight. lol
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC
I have redeemed flights with CX and BA leaving next week as follows:
CX343 14 Feb HKG-LGW
BA975 18 Feb HAM-LHR (Dep: 15:25)
CX250 18 Feb LHR-HKG (Dep: 18:00)

Layover: 1hr45min

As Heathrow are prone to weather disruption in recent days, I'm worry about my rebooking options available if my return flights got disrupted.
What options do I have if:
a) BA975 got delayed and known before departure at HAM? (look for reroute options right away from HAM?)
b) BA975 delayed and missed the CX flights as I land (and stuck?) at Heathrow? (Saw CX flights must have Avios availability even during disruption)
c) CX flight cancelled right away before departure or after arriving at Heathrow?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Avios availability does not matter, they will reroute you on the next available (physical seat) flight.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Upgrading only LH Sector

In the past I UuAed a single LH sector (in a set of two LHs) but I can't get BA.com to UuA a LH segment that is followed by a SH one; it only allows me to upgrade both. Is this is something that can be done only by calling BA.com?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
This is something I've never seen before - would appreciate any thoughts. I'm travelling to Las Vegas (or somewhere nearby) on the 11th of April and want to use a UK BA AMEX 241 in F. If I select LHR-LAS I get availability for 4 F seats on BA261 to LAX and then a connecting flight on AA to LAS. The perfect flights, but of course I can't use a 241 on AA flights.

So, I'd think that I'd just fly to LAX and then book LAS-LAX separately, but when I check LHR-LAX there is only 1 availability. Any ideas?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Is there any help on the e-store here or even a contact number?

selfridges currently have a 9ppp offer and I want to take full advantage in buying the iPhone X, however just spotted a T&zu saying Apple products receive a lower avios amount but it doesn’t specify what...

TIA
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Avios estore (not BA) give 4Avios/GBP on Apple UK including iphoneX

Similar 4,000 Avios from carphonewarehouse on 24 month contract & iphone X

‘Reduced rate’ could be anything.

You should consider what you might pay, in Dixons, and get back, from Heathrow Rewards, if you’re passing through T5 soon.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by memesweeper
Avios estore (not BA) give 4Avios/GBP on Apple UK including iphoneX

Similar 4,000 Avios from carphonewarehouse on 24 month contract & iphone X

‘Reduced rate’ could be anything.

You should consider what you might pay, in Dixons, and get back, from Heathrow Rewards, if you’re passing through T5 soon.
thank you for replying. Indeed Apple offer 4ppp, Selfridges offer is great at 9ppp but if they only match Apple’s then it’s a bit pointless unless I have an offer on amex rewards.
I couldn’t see any offer on Heathrow rewards re:dixons, would you mind expanding on that point pls?
To find out the “reduced rate” I suppose I should contact someone at Avios?

Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Heathrow Rewards often run offers, but they may be targeted to you or for new members only. My daughter just had a great one if she spent £150 in a day. If you have something like this it’s worth checking how that compares with Avios Estore.

LHR Rewards often do bonuses for transferring to Avios, so if you wait long enough you might squeeze more than one Avios per Heathrow point out of the deal.
TPRun likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:24 am

Thanks very much! I’ll do more digging
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Originally Posted by TPRun

thank you for replying. Indeed Apple offer 4ppp, Selfridges offer is great at 9ppp but if they only match Apple’s then it’s a bit pointless unless I have an offer on amex rewards.
I couldn’t see any offer on Heathrow rewards re:dixons, would you mind expanding on that point pls?
To find out the “reduced rate” I suppose I should contact someone at Avios?

Hi TP Run,

I find a website called Head for Points very useful for this type of stuff, not sure if offer is still running but in Dec following the advice on HfP I opened an account with Heathrow Rewards then spent £150 which got a bonus of 3k points and then converted to BA when there was 100% bonus (again alerted by HfP) this converted to 6k Avios for £150 of perfume I had to buy as Xmas pressies anyway.

Cheers

DtB
TPRun likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Down the back
Hi TP Run,

I find a website called Head for Points very useful for this type of stuff, not sure if offer is still running but in Dec following the advice on HfP I opened an account with Heathrow Rewards then spent £150 which got a bonus of 3k points and then converted to BA when there was 100% bonus (again alerted by HfP) this converted to 6k Avios for £150 of perfume I had to buy as Xmas pressies anyway.

Cheers

DtB
thats fantastic. Will check out HfP now. Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Another shout-out for Rob's site (http://www.headforpoints.com).

I have been alerted to some great Avios-earning opportunities there and what's more, Rob is a real person who promptly replies to your emails
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Another shout-out for Rob's site (http://www.headforpoints.com).

I have been alerted to some great Avios-earning opportunities there and what's more, Rob is a real person who promptly replies to your emails
that’s very cool!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
In the past I UuAed a single LH sector (in a set of two LHs) but I can't get BA.com to UuA a LH segment that is followed by a SH one; it only allows me to upgrade both. Is this is something that can be done only by calling BA.com?
Answering my own question - Yes it is possible to do it but only by calling BA call-centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.