Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by akash123
Just want to confirm this point. I checked with 2 BA agents on the phone (HK/UK) and both said that I need to fly a BA marketed and operated flight (physical BA plane) to meet the eligible flight requirement. FYI, I was enquiring about a flight from HKG - Ho Chi Minh City: BA4563 marketed by BA but operated by CX.
Trust us on this; the definition comes from BAEC.

FWIW, this is a ba.com page that has been linked to from this thread: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
akash123 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just want to confirm this point. I checked with 2 BA agents on the phone (HK/UK) and both said that I need to fly a BA marketed and operated flight (physical BA plane) to meet the eligible flight requirement. FYI, I was enquiring about a flight from HKG - Ho Chi Minh City: BA4563 marketed by BA but operated by CX.
I know more than most BA agents
akash123 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by xep
Am I allowed to post in this thread regarding churning of Amex UK cards? It's almost like earning, but through bonuses!
This thread is more to do with the title but there is a dedicated thread on American Express on the BA Forum Dashboard which is on the main page. It's very useful and covers a lots of different topics. Here is the link to that thread.

BA American Express credit card

If your looking to churn cards, maximise credit card earning opportunities then headforpoints.com is a very useful website in that regard and is owned and run by a member of Fllyertalk called Raffles.

https://www.headforpoints.com/

Finally let me welcome you to Flyertalk and the BA Board xep and I am sure you will find this place a great resource of information, happy postings!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Trust us on this; the definition comes from BAEC.

FWIW, this is a ba.com page that has been linked to from this thread: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
Thanks Globaliser and Karfa. BA Codeshare flights from HK are a lifesaver then to keep up my 4 flight requirement.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks Globaliser and Karfa. BA Codeshare flights from HK are a lifesaver then to keep up my 4 flight requirement.
You might be interested in this thread, too: 4 BA segments... for those based in Asia
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb

I share the same thoughts. However is it possible just to purchase the BA codeshare flights, say HKG SGN/SYD return? Tried searching some but were either with no available fares or high rocketed ones.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SLGO

I share the same thoughts. However is it possible just to purchase the BA codeshare flights, say HKG SGN/SYD return? Tried searching some but were either with no available fares or high rocketed ones.
Not usually. The BA codeshares are usually only available when connecting to or from a BA flight. Usually they are not bookable as standalone BA codeshares. A few excpetions are EI flights and VY flights on some routes where the BA codeshare is bookable as a standalone flight on ba.com.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:30 am

how long do estore miles usually take to post? It says withing 40 days, it's been about 50 now since some were pending for me
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by bernyx
how long do estore miles usually take to post? It says withing 40 days, it's been about 50 now since some were pending for me

40 seems to be about the min time in my experience. Booking. com is upto 120 AFTER your stay. Aslong as they show in pending transactions on shopping.ba.com then just sit back and wait. I have had a coupe cases of them not then appearing in my account but if you click the link for missing avios then they seem to be found and credited pretty quick.

Last edited by TWCLAM; Jun 16, 2018 at 8:52 am Reason: Adding image
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
I have an open jaw flight booked in CW/CE JFK-LHR-TXL with return BUD-LHR-JFK. I want to upgrade the return LHR-JFK segment using Avios. My current Avios balance is 0. I tried to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards but it wouldn't allow it. I tried to just buy Avios, but that's not permissible because my balance is 0. My question is twofold: Do I just need to make a purchase through the shopping portal to get some Avios in my account and then purchase or transfer? Since I have a "surface sector" is an upgrade with Avios not possible anyway? Not sure it's relevant, but I am OW sapphire through AA.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Quick question, I’m about to book a reward ticket on a Oneworld-flight (not BA) that leaves 1 hour 20 minutes after the arrival of my BA flight from LHR. Does BA check bags through to the destination of that reward flight or do I need to claim my bags and check in again? In that case 1 hour 20 minutes might be a bit short (despite priority luggage and fast track), if I miss that reward flight would there be a chance to travel on the next available flight (probably not)?
Thanks in advance..
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Quick question, I’m about to book a reward ticket on a Oneworld-flight (not BA) that leaves 1 hour 20 minutes after the arrival of my BA flight from LHR. Does BA check bags through to the destination of that reward flight or do I need to claim my bags and check in again? In that case 1 hour 20 minutes might be a bit short (despite priority luggage and fast track), if I miss that reward flight would there be a chance to travel on the next available flight (probably not)?
Thanks in advance..
Is this going to be on a separate ticket and who is the 2nd flight going to be with if I may ask?

If so, then BA will not check your luggage through to your onward destination and 1 hour 20 minutes is really not viable and I would leave much more time in between, personally a minimum of at least 3 hours. You'd be classed as a no show for a separate booking and would have to purchase/book a new fare which is not advisable.

BA no longer through checking baggage with separate tickets
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by PETER01
Is this going to be on a separate ticket and who is the 2nd flight going to be with if I may ask?

If so, then BA will not check your luggage through to your onward destination and 1 hour 20 minutes is really not viable and I would leave much more time in between, personally a minimum of at least 3 hours. You'd be classed as a no show for a separate booking and would have to purchase/book a new fare which is not advisable.

BA no longer through checking baggage with separate tickets
Thanks for the included link,
Yes it’s separate (flight with avios after a paid flight), transfer is at BKK and the onward avios flight is with MH, I’ll take a later flight then.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Great_circle

Thanks for the included link,
Yes it’s separate (flight with avios after a paid flight), transfer is at BKK and the onward avios flight is with MH, I’ll take a later flight then.
A later flight is most definitely the thing to do, still a slight risk being on separate tickets but it should be okay.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
I'm sure its on here somewhere but I'll ask again.

Booked a flight through JAL on a JAL ticket but was a codeshare with KE , on KE metal.

Am I still eligible for Avois and TP?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.