Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Furton
Could someone confirm the username of the BA employee who can assist with Avios claims on this forum? Is it MissingAvios?
Nooooooo! See Missing Avios.

The correct answer is here: Some news from the BAEC team and changes to how we manage queries
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by BA6501
Were you booked on the IB flight number for LHR-MAD? I've never had Avios/TPs for IB-coded, BA operated* flights post automatically. I wait a week and submit the form, they tend to appear 2-3 days later.

*Even if your LHR-MAD was IB operated, as far as the systems are concerned, it's "operated" by BA.
Thanks for the advice, I've just submitted my claims so will await the outcome.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
I have a very stupid question that someone who is more knowledgeable than I can help me with.

If I start off with no tier points and no segments and Blue status, to reach Silver Status do I need 4 BA segments and 600 Tier Points total, or do I need to achieve Bronze (2 BA Segments and 300 Tier Points) and then Silver, for a total of 6 BA Segments and 900 Tier Points total? Also the graph shown as "10 Two illustrative examples of how a member moves between tiers" shows "Promotion after flight to Silver after flight 5" so it confuses me further - do I need 4, 5 , or 6 BA flight segments to go from Blue to Silver?? Thank you so much!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by somethinpositiv
If I start off with no tier points and no segments and Blue status, to reach Silver Status do I need 4 BA segments and 600 Tier Points total, or do I need to achieve Bronze (2 BA Segments and 300 Tier Points) and then Silver, for a total of 6 BA Segments and 900 Tier Points total?
The former: a total of 4 qualifying flights, and a total of 600 TPs - all within the same membership year.

The reason that the graph shows promotion to Silver after flight 5 is that all of the flights in the illustration are standard CW flights at 140 TPs each. After flight 4, that person has enough qualifying flights but still only has 560 TPs. It's the fifth flight that takes them over the 600 TP mark.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The former: a total of 4 qualifying flights, and a total of 600 TPs - all within the same membership year.

The reason that the graph shows promotion to Silver after flight 5 is that all of the flights in the illustration are standard CW flights at 140 TPs each. After flight 4, that person has enough qualifying flights but still only has 560 TPs. It's the fifth flight that takes them over the 600 TP mark.
Ok great, thank you Globaliser!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
This should be obvious but...I have a return flight booked Edi-Lhr-Tls and the return leg is at the start of my tier point collection year. I can see how many tier points I get total for all four flights, but is there a way to see how many tier points each flight earns so that I know how many tier points will fall into the new collection year?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ruth4325
This should be obvious but...I have a return flight booked Edi-Lhr-Tls and the return leg is at the start of my tier point collection year. I can see how many tier points I get total for all four flights, but is there a way to see how many tier points each flight earns so that I know how many tier points will fall into the new collection year?
Just go to the ba.com calculator and search for each sector individually. It's likely that all four flights will earn the same number of TPs anyway, and more likely that both of the flights in the each direction will earn the same number as each other.

You probably know this already, but don't forget that all flights scheduled to depart up to and including the eighth of the month (local date and time) will be in your current TP collection year, and all flights scheduled on or after the ninth of the month will be in the next year.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:09 pm

Just go to the ba.com calculator and search for each sector individually. It's likely that all four flights will earn the same number of TPs anyway, and more likely that both of the flights in the each direction will earn the same number as each other.

You probably know this already, but don't forget that all flights scheduled to depart up to and including the eighth of the month (local date and time) will be in your current TP collection year, and all flights scheduled on or after the ninth of the month will be in the next year.
yes, the flights out on 8th are the old tier collection year and the flights returning fall into the new one. The whole journey is 25 tier points and trying to work out if its the return journey thats earning 15 or the outbound one. So is there no way to check the fare class of each individual flight once the booking has been made?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ruth4325
yes, the flights out on 8th are the old tier collection year and the flights returning fall into the new one. The whole journey is 25 tier points and trying to work out if its the return journey thats earning 15 or the outbound one. So is there no way to check the fare class of each individual flight once the booking has been made?
In MMB click on the flight itself and then "More flight information" you should get a pop up box which shows selling class at the bottom.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:13 am

Thanks...I just hadn’t scrolled down far enough to see the fare class. Got it now...thank you Karfa and Globaliser.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
I recently achieved Bronze status, and I'm in line to get Silver status after a trip at the beginning of next month, or so I think.

When I check on the app I see this,

Shouldn't it say "4 of 4 flights completed". The 6 flights mentioned at the bottom are 2 BA (marketed and operated) and 4 IB (marketed and operated) flights.

My concern is because my next 4 flights are all IB (marketed, operated, and bought directly), and it looks like the only BA flights are being considered.

Or is it just an IT glitch, and I have nothing to be worried about?

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrDplus
Or is it just an IT glitch, and I have nothing to be worried about?
IIRC, this is a common app glitch. It's (wrongly) showing you the number of eligible flights you've taken since you became Bronze.

As always, look on the website to see whether the position is correctly recorded.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Exec; Miles&More; FlyingBlue; DragonPass; Hilton; SPG; Marriott; Hyatt; A-Club; Carlson; Avis
In-a-day TP runs

Hi All
I am looking for any suggestions on some quick domestic UK or nearby European CE (40TP per leg) runs I can do on two separate days (8 and 10 May). I need to do each of them in a day, no overnight. Was thinking maybe to some multi-leg bounces around the UK or possibly to DUB, LUX etc. Don't seem to be dialling up any good offers. Can offset cash with Avios. Departure point is LHR. Recommendations welcome! Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Buzz0000
I am looking for any suggestions on some quick domestic UK or nearby European CE (40TP per leg) runs I can do on two separate days (8 and 10 May).
I think that this thread (which you've seen before) may be the one that you're looking for: BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
IIRC, this is a common app glitch. It's (wrongly) showing you the number of eligible flights you've taken since you became Bronze.

As always, look on the website to see whether the position is correctly recorded.
Thank you. I haven't found the equivalent counter on the website. This is what I see,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.