Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by andyh1877
its probably been asked many times but aint got time to trudge thru all the posts
my question is when you reach bronze do ba send you a new bronze card or do you have to print out like blue status ?
Yes they should. You can see this if you go into ba.com and in your BAEC page in manage my account, at the bottom of the drop down menu, you can click on Executive Club Items and you can see once it's been dispatched but it can take 4-6 weeks. If not you can order it but IIRC you can only order 3 items per year.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by PETER01
Not a silly question and when I first joined the BAEC I wondered that too!

On reaching 600 exactly that will 100% definitely give you Silver for the rest of your remaining year and the 12 months thereafter.

It usually takes a few days, 3 ish, to update on ba.com and the App if you use it. Enjoy!
My membership year end is April 8th. I soft-landed to Bronze this year, and I received my Bronze membership pack today, although it was shown online as fulfilled on April 15th. Last year's silver card is still valid until May 31st.

Ten days ago I achieved Silver status again. BA's website shows that I've got over 600 points and 4 flights. There's no sign yet that the Silver Exec items have been ordered, and this is what I see under my account details:

"Silver Executive Club Member

Membership no: ********

Membership year ends:08 Apr 2019

Card expiry date:31 May 2018"

If I use the "save a copy of my membership card" function, the printed card still shows a May 2018 expiry date.

Can anyone advise on when I might expect my Silver membership pack? My OH flew the same sectors on the same dates and has received an acknowledgement from BA that he's achieved Silver, but I've heard nothing. Is this normal?
Old May 18, 2018, 4:17 am

I was fortunate to have expired avios reinstated by BA with the provision that we earn Avios within 3 months. We will be flying 6 days before that deadline so should be fine. But to be sure, and because we don’t need them,I converted Best Western points to Avios via the BW redeem your points option online three weeks ago. However, I haven’t seen them added to my BA account yet. Any idea how long this usually takes? BW said it might take two statements to show up, what is that? Two months?
Old May 18, 2018, 5:48 am

Edit: Actually haven't lost gold, was logged into wrong account! Cheers saved passwords

Last edited by SquidsIn; May 19, 2018 at 7:21 am
Old May 19, 2018, 10:33 am

My wife was 180 TP short of Gold on her renewal date, so her TP were reset to 0 and she soft-landed to Silver. She then received 220 TP from flights taken three days later. As this was in the two-week 'grace' period, her account was returned to Gold, retaining the 220 TP.

Those original 220TP remain credited on the account as of this writing (about 6 weeks after her renewal date), in addition to those from subsequent flights. Is that right, or should they have been removed when her account was returned to Gold? I'm not complaining, rather just bracing myself (more than her!) for their removal...
Old May 19, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
My wife was 180 TP short of Gold on her renewal date, so her TP were reset to 0 and she soft-landed to Silver. She then received 220 TP from flights taken three days later. As this was in the two-week 'grace' period, her account was returned to Gold, retaining the 220 TP.

Those original 220TP remain credited on the account as of this writing (about 6 weeks after her renewal date), in addition to those from subsequent flights. Is that right, or should they have been removed when her account was returned to Gold? I'm not complaining, rather just bracing myself (more than her!) for their removal...
If you did not request the extension then this may be one of the complimentary renewals of status that people have been reporting.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by newyorklondon

In addition to the possibility of a gratis retention as mentioned by MADPhil, when tier points are added to the previous year during the two-week extension, it seems that they are supposed to be removed by a manual account adjustment process which may take some time to occur; sometimes they are not removed. See:
Time for new status to be issued? [with two week extension agreed]
Tier Point Grace Period
Gold when 10 TP short of 1500
Old May 19, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
If you did not request the extension then this may be one of the complimentary renewals of status that people have been reporting.
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
In addition to the possibility of a gratis retention as mentioned by MADPhil, when tier points are added to the previous year during the two-week extension, it seems that they are supposed to be removed by a manual account adjustment process which may take some time to occur; sometimes they are not removed. See:
Time for new status to be issued? [with two week extension agreed]
Tier Point Grace Period
Gold when 10 TP short of 1500
Thanks, both. The extension was not requested, although I did mention it to BAEC in a call about another issue to do with my wife's account. I'll report back if the TPs get removed. So hopefully you won't hear from me!
Old May 21, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by andyh1877
its probably been asked many times but aint got time to trudge thru all the posts
my question is when you reach bronze do ba send you a new bronze card or do you have to print out like blue status ?
They do, but if you move on to Silver soon enough (some reach Bronze and Silver in one trip), you may find your Silver card in the mail even before the Bronze card.
Old May 22, 2018, 5:40 pm

will Newegg transaction keep BA Avios alive from expiring?
Old May 24, 2018, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Family members Avios expiring

"Collect, spend, buy or transfer at least one Avios every 36 months and your Avios won’t expire.”

Both BiL and SiL are in our 'Friends and Family', and their joint pile of Avios (about 51k) are about to expire [they don't fly any more]. If I transfer 1,000 each from my pile to them, does that count as "collecting" to keep their pile alive? I'm almost sure it does, but can someone please confirm I'm right.

Intention is that BiL will then book us flights, abating the cost with their Avios (and 2,000 of ours!).
Old May 24, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ual902
will Newegg transaction keep BA Avios alive from expiring?
I see no reason why not. You have "collected" 74 avios!

See also my post above, on a related topic!
Old May 24, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by T8191
Both BiL and SiL are in our 'Friends and Family', and their joint pile of Avios (about 51k) are about to expire [they don't fly any more]. If I transfer 1,000 each from my pile to them, does that keep their pile alive? I'm almost sure it does, but can someone please confirm I'm right.
I'm pretty sure that it does - I checked this a few months ago and I think the T&C say that the clock resets for both transferor and transferee.

Looking that up, it's under "Transfer Avios":-
16. Transferring Avios points will reset the 36-month Avios points expiry rule, as set out in the Terms and Conditions, for both the Sender and Recipient.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bless you, Guv'nor

PS: 1,000 just been transferred to each of them, and showed up in their BAEC accounts almost instantly!!

Last edited by T8191; May 24, 2018 at 5:54 am
Old May 26, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello, this is my first post on here - I've read through most of the info, but I'm not 100% sure about something:

I am about to open a BAEC account, and my first BA flight is on the 8 June. If I open my BAEC account today (26 May), when will the tier points year be set to start? Will it be set immediately today start on 9th June, or does it wait until I credit my first flight (my flight happens to be on the 8th of the month - to further complicate it for me!) - so will that be from the month after the flight - i.e. beginning 9 July, or straight away on 9 June?

Many thanks!

Last edited by sb1982; May 26, 2018 at 2:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.