G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by orbitmic

there is no specific route as planes just do any number of rotations in a day and so far it seems that a 320 is a 320 is a 320. I have already had the neo on a dozen European and domestic destinations including NCE GVA PRG HEL ARN GLA BRU LCA MAN DUB etc. I don’t think there are any at lgw but anything else served by a 320 or a 321 is fair game...
Apart from PRG I don't recall them doing any of the others.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Trent900
Apart from PRG I don't recall them doing any of the others.
I'm yet to do one, but I've seen them on LIS, BUD, WAW, PRG, HEL routes quite regularly (all from T3). You can easily see what they're doing on FlightRadar:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ttna
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ttnb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ttnc
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ttnd
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ttne
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ttnf
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

Thats correct. They are all based on T3 routes and I don’t think they have done any T5 routes yet.
The A321neo might beat the 320neo to T5 I’d of thought?
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
hmmm... maybe I confused my NEOs and my CEOs! Will amend accordingly!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I fly VIE regularly ex T3 and have not yet had a NEO. I did have one outbound to LIS a few weeks back. Sounds different on take off.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Second time on a NEO last night and I thought I'd record some observations. I was in row 10 in ET so in a pinnacle seat - no noticeable difference to the CEO seats really, apart from the addition of at seat power. On that point, because the power sockets are positioned below the seat and set back a little, they are hidden by the overhanging seat cushion. You might not actually know they are there except for the green glow of the 'on' light, and also they are difficult to use because with no space to bend down, you can't easily see what you're plugging into where. It's a good addition so I'm not moaning, but the placement of these is not great.

I ventured back to use the rear toilet and I found it to be perfectly OK. Compact, sure, but perfectly adequate. It was notable that the door of the central toilet (the one with the cabin crew seat on the back) was misaligned and wouldn't fully close or latch. I did wonder about the robustness of having a seat attached to a hinged door, but I guess Airbus will have thought of that in designing this setup. CC commented that they have very limited space to work with, and have to do a lot of shuffling of trolleys between front and rear galleys prior to departure.

The slimline seats beyond row 12 don't look too bad - although I'd be interested to hear any views of those who have actually sat in them. The rear of the cabin actually looks quite open and spacious (even though this was a full flight) but I think that's due to the seats being slimmer without the separate head rest / wings, rather than anything else.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by volar
It was notable that the door of the central toilet (the one with the cabin crew seat on the back) was misaligned and wouldn't fully close or latch.
Err, what? Are you saying the toilet door doesn't close?

I embrace the continental concept of plein air pissoirs just as much as the next man when required, but I can see this being a bit awkward in the confines of a space-saver galley at the back of an Airbus...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Err, what? Are you saying the toilet door doesn't close?

I embrace the continental concept of plein air pissoirs just as much as the next man when required, but I can see this being a bit awkward in the confines of a space-saver galley at the back of an Airbus...
The toilet door is clearly supposed to close and latch, just that on this aircraft (G-TTNC) the door had become misaligned with the frame and wouldn't properly shut. It was noted by the crew, so presumably will get fixed soon.
msm2000uk and Deltus like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Sounds different on take off.

Yes, very different in comparison to the "buzz-saw" of a IAE V2500. Much more like a GE90 in how it sounds.

The IAE V2500 for comparison:

Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, very different in comparison to the "buzz-saw" of a IAE V2500. Much more like a GE90 in how it sounds.
Supplemented of course by murmurs of discomfort resounding from the aft of the cabin, as the pax in the back discover what it feels like to be pressed into an ironing board.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Exit rows on high density A321

Hi
We have a trip to ARN in a few days and the seat map has changed to what appears to be a high density A321.
Got option of row 9 and 10 and both are classified as exit row although row 9 is a 2 seater rather than 3.
Any recommendation on which row has better leg room?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi
We have a trip to ARN in a few days and the seat map has changed to what appears to be a high density A321.
Got option of row 9 and 10 and both are classified as exit row although row 9 is a 2 seater rather than 3.
Any recommendation on which row has better leg room?
For leg room, 10. For couple-dom 9. There's another thread on A321s with more details, best start at the end of the thread.
Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For leg room, 10. For couple-dom 9. There's another thread on A321s with more details, best start at the end of the thread.
Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul
Thank you for a quick reply. Sorry I seemed to have posted in the wrong forum. I did find the answer on the other thread you have sent. Will stick to row 9 to keep the other half happy.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
The new airbus galleys at the rear are the worst!
dodgeflyer likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by volar
Second time on a NEO last night and I thought I'd record some observations. I was in row 10 in ET so in a pinnacle seat - no noticeable difference to the CEO seats really, apart from the addition of at seat power. On that point, because the power sockets are positioned below the seat and set back a little, they are hidden by the overhanging seat cushion. You might not actually know they are there except for the green glow of the 'on' light, and also they are difficult to use because with no space to bend down, you can't easily see what you're plugging into where. It's a good addition so I'm not moaning, but the placement of these is not great.
You're right, its difficult to reach the power sockets. The other thing I found was that because its below the seat, there's always the chance you'll forget about the USB cable if you remove it from the phone, (whilst deciding to take few pics of menu/food/outside/etc) and I almost left it on the plane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.