G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
I doubt these are exceptions as I have often had CE extending to row 14 plus on the HEL run. Whether we like it or not CE does seem to be popular, that or there are a lot of ex EU flights that need to be catered for. We will find out in the next couple of years as the NEO's increase whether BA's choices have worked or not.

I’d be very surprised if the NEO’s have any adverse effect on BA’s very healthy CE loads. They know that their loyal base is unlikely to be discouraged by any perceived downgrading of the product.

A good percentage of those sitting in CE cabins are of course there as part of a multi-sector trip ticketed in J class, and then there are RFS tickets too.

But that aside, and even for purely point-to-point sectors, CE has become a habit for many - whether on expensed travel or not - and I would never undersestimate the propensity of people to pay (what can be) hundreds of pounds over & above the cost of Y for the pleasure of flying in an economy size seat with an adjacent table and something like Ł5 worth of food thrown in
rossmacd, Diver Boy and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by chongcao
  • All LHR 320 and 321CEOs to be retrofitted with new seating and SpaceFlex Galleys. [translation: [b]more seats per plane and less legroom per seat]
  • New Recaro seats aft of Club which will just have USB power. These seats will not recline. [translation: if you have no status, you are not going to enjoy the recline nor the power socket, second class citizens anyone?]
  • No video screens, manual demo every time. [translation: more work for crew just like those working for Ryanair, manual demo every flight]
  • There’s no waste bins or cold potable water tap at the rear, so all water runs and clear ins in ET will have to be made from the Club galley after they have completed their service. [translation: 1, when you go to rare lavatory, do expect to stump on the waste bags as there is no other place to hold them; 2, do not expect free water any more as the crew are unlikely to finish the service for those added capacity and they have to run up and down few times more to give you free tap water]
  • No duty free on any short haul flights, no space for the trolleys! [translation: no translation needed]
  • BOB is here to stay, as is M&S. There are no plans to add free water/tea/coffee despite any rumours. [translation: even if BA change its course on BOB where they are going to put the free stuff?]
Just quote from the OP. I counted 6 MAIN NEGATIVE points. The new A320 will have the seat capacity of A321 in the old days and the new A321 will have seat capacity for an A330... Welcome to the new Ryanair of Heathrow. And congratulations to all BA passengers, you will thoroughly enjoy the travel experience of sardine in the can. You are now the human cargo for the Vueling London Airways.
All such negative comments as always.

Changes seem sensible to me. A quieter, safer aircraft with no one reclining into me and a few more seats for BA which may keep fares as they are despite the current political unease.

Buy it a Club ticket if you want a bit of comfort/food/G&T, what do you expect for a couple of hours to Europe?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Willphipps

Buy it a Club ticket if you want a bit of comfort/food/G&T, what do you expect for a couple of hours to Europe?
Well Jet Blue Mint product would be bloody fantastic...but in reality something more substantial than just an economy seat with economy leg room (excl row1), not just an empty seat in the middle (the table was good). More than just better food!

I used to except that CE could be reconfigured back to economy when economy-only existed on domestic flights but why not go with 7 rows only of good hard & soft product. Standardise to a decent level and out do the market.

JB Mint product has (according to a recent article) major US airlines reconsidering their own products because JB bet against them and people started wanting their mint product not just a F class padded seat with a few extra inches of leg room.

If BA had the balls to go for a different hard product in CE I bet it would shake up the EU market post Brexit. But I’m a betting man and an armchair ceo so what I do know!!
masmadrid likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AmericanLawyer
I thought that was impossible on the NEOs due to lack of storage space for the CE food?
The SCCM I talked to certainly mentioned how small the galleys are on the NEO flights and how much harder it makes their work but not sure what the implications were for those particular flights.

I also do not know if the NEO constraints mean that the "no CE beyond row 12/14 on an A320/A321" precept will be applied strictly. The only thing I was mentioning is that any of us familiar with NCE flights (and I am sure a few others, HEL is mentioned above) know that this is not a consistent rule at this stage and that CE regularly extends beyond that at the moment.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AmericanLawyer
I thought that was impossible on the NEOs due to lack of storage space for the CE food?
I have a suspicion that the new CE catering introduced shortly deals with this issue, in terms of reducing trolley space. But in any case, the restriction of CE to 7 rows only applies to NEOs going to Long destinations, not Mediums or below. On some routes such as ATH this could be problematic, on others such as IST it would not.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have a suspicion that the new CE catering introduced shortly deals with this issue, in terms of reducing trolley space. But in any case, the restriction of CE to 7 rows only applies to NEOs going to Long destinations, not Mediums or below. On some routes such as ATH this could be problematic, on others such as IST it would not.
And HEL, which is long too.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:16 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I have a suspicion that the new CE catering introduced shortly deals with this issue, in terms of reducing trolley space.
Expect more enhancements?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by V10
Expect more enhancements?
Check Flyertalk in 14 days and you will find out!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:30 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Oh you big tease
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:35 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Or see Head for Points a few days back for a sneak preview
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Or see Head for Points a few days back for a sneak preview
Which was in turn lifted from the CE catering thread (and to be fair to HfP, it was duly credited to FT).
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Any idea what routes the NEO’s will be operating in S19?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
DELETE - error on my part!

Last edited by orbitmic; Nov 11, 2018 at 4:07 am
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by orbitmic

there is no specific route as planes just do any number of rotations in a day and so far it seems that a 320 is a 320 is a 320. I have already had the neo on a dozen European and domestic destinations including NCE GVA PRG HEL ARN GLA BRU LCA MAN DUB etc. I don’t think there are any at lgw but anything else served by a 320 or a 321 is fair game...
I thought BA NEOs are on T3 routes only currently?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
I thought BA NEOs are on T3 routes only currently?
Thats correct. They are all based on T3 routes and I don’t think they have done any T5 routes yet.
KeaneJohn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.