NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jday

Thats what the boxes are then.

how can you tell if you are on a NEO from
the seat map? More rows?
For the LHR fleet the existing version of the A320 is 28 rows and the NEOs are 30 rows. Have a look at the EuroTraveller seat map (dummy booking if necessary).

I guess this will stop being a reliable guide as and when the existing A320s are densified to 180 seats.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Carry on policy workable on NEOs?

Having seen how a densified EasyJet runs out of space with only one carry on per passenger (except EasyJet Plus card holders) then it can’t be far away that BA realises it cannot allow two carry ons per pax onto an A320 with 180 seats.

I feel sorry for Crew and Gate Staff who are going to have to field more upset travellers, especially those on LH connections with carry on only.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Robespierre
Having seen how a densified EasyJet runs out of space with only one carry on per passenger (except EasyJet Plus card holders) then it can’t be far away that BA realises it cannot allow two carry ons per pax onto an A320 with 180 seats.

I feel sorry for Crew and Gate Staff who are going to have to field more upset travellers, especially those on LH connections with carry on only.
This is the point here I think, BA has quite a lot of connecting traffic from longhaul on Intra-Europe flights that they risk potentially losing if they do restrict to a single bag in the same way some LCCs do, otherwise I'm sure they would have done so already.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by e8steve
It looks like there will be some Pinnacle seats in Y, so isnt the answer is very simply use the money you are saving on the lower more competitive fares to pay to reserve a seat nearer the front of the plane?
It is a brave assumption that there will be lower, more competitive fares coming out of this rather than just benefit to BA's bottom line.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by GLABA
Found the USB/three pin plug when we were disembarking - under the seats (first 12 rows...)
Are these facing forwards or backwards / what happens in Row 1?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by BobServant
For the LHR fleet the existing version of the A320 is 28 rows and the NEOs are 30 rows. Have a look at the EuroTraveller seat map (dummy booking if necessary).

I guess this will stop being a reliable guide as and when the existing A320s are densified to 180 seats.
So far my Warsaw trip is safe
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:33 pm

Just noticed on ExpertFlyer that the NEOs are showing up as 32A, as opposed to 320
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:57 pm

In theory the carry on policy of having two pieces won’t change much as the smaller piece should be going under the seat in front anyway. But you aren’t going to fit all those large bags in the overheads, it barley works as it is with 168 seats.
Time for BA to take a lead from it’s American counterparts and rename the HBO fare to Economy basic and restrict overhead locker use perhaps?
(yes I realise that’s a very LCC thing to say, however a problem caused by wanting to become a LCC requires a LCC solution)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is the point here I think, BA has quite a lot of connecting traffic from longhaul on Intra-Europe flights that they risk potentially losing if they do restrict to a single bag in the same way some LCCs do, otherwise I'm sure they would have done so already.
With LH traffic coming off of F/J onto this new CE, I can see this being a huge negative, not just a bag issue.

What I don’t understand is BA have all this feeder traffic (unlike FR/U2) yet continue to degrade their CE product, now no middle table, I really don’t get it. (Please explain!)

The idea that BA can quickly convert to an all Y aircraft by simply removing a curtain and using all rows as economy, I get, but when do they do this? When does a short haul aircraft become Y only? Does this happen?

The whole value proposition is very confusing now for BA.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:02 pm

It's underneath your seat - which is why some people struggle to find it. I am amazed at the size of the box they've had to fit to achieve this though, a real hindrance for the middle seat occupant!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:31 am

forward facing (hence not spotting them during journey!)
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:13 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold

BA's carry-on policy is a total joke now anyway, not helped by abysmal policing. Time to start charging more for carry-on luggage above a hand-bag or laptop bag size. Alternatively just do it like Easyjet does whereby only the first 90 pax to board can bring a rollaboard on, pax 91 and over, their rollaboards are removed at the gate and put in the hold.

With it being limited to the first (say) 90 pax, BA will protect their CE and status pax as these are now always in boarding groups 1 and 2.

You don't see the farce on Easyjet of the gate staff allowing everyone to board with virtually anything they want, then the CC going up and down the lockers desperately looking for space, only for a load of bags to then be carried back up the cabin by the CC for putting into the hold....and a possible delay then because of a missed slot. Why this so easy for Easyjet to do so effectively and proactively but not BA I have no idea.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BOH
BA's carry-on policy is a total joke now anyway, not helped by abysmal policing. Time to start charging more for carry-on luggage above a hand-bag or laptop bag size. Alternatively just do it like Easyjet does whereby only the first 90 pax to board can bring a rollaboard on, pax 91 and over, their rollaboards are removed at the gate and put in the hold.

With it being limited to the first (say) 90 pax, BA will protect their CE and status pax as these are now always in boarding groups 1 and 2.

You don't see the farce on Easyjet of the gate staff allowing everyone to board with virtually anything they want, then the CC going up and down the lockers desperately looking for space, only for a load of bags to then be carried back up the cabin by the CC for putting into the hold....and a possible delay then because of a missed slot. Why this so easy for Easyjet to do so effectively and proactively but not BA I have no idea.
I rarely see bags being taken from the cabin to be placed in the hold, at the gate yes, but rarely on board. When I have seen it, it has only been a couple or so bags at most.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:47 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I rarely see bags being taken from the cabin to be placed in the hold, at the gate yes, but rarely on board. When I have seen it, it has only been a couple or so bags at most.
As I have posted on here before, it seems to be at the outstations where this happens more, I think at LHR and LGW it is better policed. Always seems to be a problem at GOA and PSA in Italy and last week coming back from GOT everyone boarded (full flight so clearly the gate agents would have known this) and the CC had to remove about 10-12 bags from the cabin.....but only AFTER everyone had boarded. Why this could not have been done at the gate always baffles me - when other airlines manage this so effectively....both at their home bases and at outstations.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

The idea that BA can quickly convert to an all Y aircraft by simply removing a curtain and using all rows as economy, I get, but when do they do this? When does a short haul aircraft become Y only? Does this happen?

It doesn't any more. It used to happen on domestics but that changed last year. However, the number of CE rows does vary greatly from 3 to over 15 (but now only ever 12/14 on the NEOs?) So in theory you could only fit out the first 3 rows with superior business seats and either restrict business to 12 pax max (not going to happen) or have two different types of seats in CE (likely to result in many, many more complaints than the NEO solution of having two different types of ET seats...)

Last edited by RobDBA; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.