G-NEOW
G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
I'll stick to LCY. Looks like LHR is just another LCC hub for London with some posh waiting rooms.
rockflyertalk and BlackSkyuk like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Never seen such an unprofessional and horrendous set-up in an airplane. Which airline uses 2 types of Economy seats on its airplanes? Some have USB, others don't. Some have headrests other don't.Some recline, other don't. That look awful.
Is BA just the worst value for money airline in all classes both shorthaul and longhaul?
Dave_C, lhrpete and BlackSkyuk like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I wonder whether the Dynamic Pricing model will differentiate in price between the seats with headrests and those without.

M
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
Never seen such an unprofessional and horrendous set-up in an airplane. Which airline uses 2 types of Economy seats on its airplanes? Some have USB, others don't. Some have headrests other don't.Some recline, other don't. That look awful.
Is BA just the worst value for money airline in all classes both shorthaul and longhaul?
It would appear this is BA's solution to the people saying "why would I pay Ł2/3/400 more for club when it's the same seat" - make the back seats s***. I'm not judging until i try them but it doesn't look good.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
This looks horrible.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
That is genuinely the most unprofessional looking cabin I’ve ever seen, it’s as if they ran out of proper seats half way through and I suspect that’s what average passenger bloggs will think too when they see it. I used to always say that even if they weren’t the most comfortable BA had one of the best looking SH cabins around, sadly this no longer seems to be the case.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
How many rows are there of the better seats? Could the CE cabin extend into the cheap seats?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Misco60
How many rows are there of the better seats? Could the CE cabin extend into the cheap seats?
On the A320s it will be 12 rows and on the A321s 14 rows. CE will be capped, and on longer routes even less rows, AFAIK 7 rows of Club.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes it looks like they run out of money during the fit out! Not even any branding in Y! Could they not even stretch to some head rest disposable covers?
florens likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Yes it looks like they run out of money during the fit out! Not even any branding in Y! Could they not even stretch to some head rest disposable covers?
In one of the photos it is clear that the new seats are covers - unlike the existing ones that appear more 'solid'. What are they covering?

Typical of current BA think - cabin introduced to much fanfare a couple years ago, and whilst painful, at least pleasing to the eye. Now that has been stripped away as well.

They may run industry leading margins in Europe, but my gosh are they removing the pleasure of flying. Pretty soon BA will mainly have connecting passengers, and passengers on rock-bottom fares. Good for average yields though at other airlines.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:48 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
No sculpting for the human body shape or attempt at ergonomics on those seats whatsoever. On longer short hauls they're going to be painful.
lhrpete and florens like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948
Some have USB, others don't.
As far as I can see, none has USB, so at least that inconsistency is resolved for you...
florens likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by V10
No sculpting for the human body shape or attempt at ergonomics on those seats whatsoever. On longer short hauls they're going to be painful.
Even BA can’t put a spin on this and call it an enhancement unless they’re selling it as a handy tool for those who’ve ever wondered what flying to IST on an ironing board feels like.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
That's a nice picture of an Easyjet aircraft interior there but you seem to have changed your camera to black and white?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbird92A
Even BA can’t put a spin on this and call it an enhancement unless they’re selling it as a handy tool for those who’ve ever wondered what flying to IST on an ironing board feels like.
Come on, let's think positively! Assuming these are the Recaro SL3510, BA is delighted to announce that:
  • Following passenger feedback that there wasn't enough space when sitting behind a reclined seat, we have introduced a predefined backrest angle of 15 degrees for a relaxed sitting position.
  • Some passengers complained about the quality of the cushioning on the previous seats, so we have taken it away, so that there's nothing to complain about! Instead, passengers can look forward to a "netting material" that adapts "ideally" to the passenger’s spine.
  • For passengers travelling in larger groups, they can now all sit closer to each other, with our new reduced pitch! You can now happily travel with your head only 26(?) inches away from the people in front and behind!
[etc...]
dylanks, wrp96, florens and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.