G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:35 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Er, why so? Surely this just means that these will be the last 12 seats to be used, not that they will be kept empty when they would otherwise be occupied and making money. The 12 seats will be empty only if there would be 12 empty seats anyway.

This seems to be no different from blocking for trim at the front of the cabin, which used to be endlessly discussed when single-cabin domestics were still in operation; and indeed the blocking for trim which other airlines do, particularly on open-seating airlines where it is highly visible to passengers.
If these 12 seats are used, then passengers will have to wait until some luggage has been removed before disembarkation by the sound of it.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:40 am
Suspended

So they want to add a few seats, create operational problems and only gain revenue of Ł28 per seat?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:42 am
Suspended

Hypothetical:

Would using 5 rows of proper business class seats on A321 (or 3 rows of the proper business class seats on A320) in the front of plane eliminate the balance issue? (supposedly the 20/12 proper business class seats would be so heavy that it will provide a better balance)?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by TWEED1A
Quoting an internal message:

Basically, when the aircraft centre of gravity is beyond a certain point towards the rear of the aircraft, a message will be sent to the aircraft and loaders to advise that the aircraft must be disembarked in a certain order to avoid any ground stability issues, including tail tip.
I had this on easyJet a couple of months ago - I was in row 2 or so and we were all standing up, the doors were open and people were leaving the plane. The pilot came on and ordered everyone to stop leaving the plane and move towards the front of it. There is a sensor in the front wheel suspension thing that if it lifts a certain amount the cockpit gets a warning. Once some more bags were removed from the back the disembarkation continued.

Used to get this flying on the EI regional jets over to DUB. getting off the plane was staggered to avoid it tipping back.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Given that Row 37 has no windows, not selling it makes sense.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Raffles
Given that Row 37 has no windows, not selling it makes sense.
So? There are rows in 737s which don't have a window (row 8 or so) and airlines sell the seats...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:42 am

I've been booked onto a flight that has recently changed to the high density A321. My exit row seats have been moved to 23B/C - these are the only ones marked as exit. They are the pair of seats near doors 3 (i.e. there is no 23A or F). Do you know if they are the extra legroom seats?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
row 14 on the 767 has no window.. BA sell the seatsrow 23 on the 321 has no window... BA sell the seatsrow 20 o the Lufthansa 747 has no window... LH sell the seats
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
My flight next Tuesday morning has all rows available on the densified A321 with seats in the last 2 rows already selected, but it's still Y9 on EF - so either the blocking hasn't happened yet or BA has found a way around the issue.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by victairinternational
I've been booked onto a flight that has recently changed to the high density A321. My exit row seats have been moved to 23B/C - these are the only ones marked as exit. They are the pair of seats near doors 3 (i.e. there is no 23A or F). Do you know if they are the extra legroom seats?
I'm guessing so, but I will only find out next week for sure! It might be 23 or 24 which has the big legroom. Definitely 24A and 24F will have the big legroom either way as there are no seats in front of them.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:02 am
Original Poster

G-EUXC is currently in for densification.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Ok so slightly BA related...

It seems BA aren’t the only ones with teething issues with the new Airbus ‘spaceflex’ layout. JetBlue CEO says he’s not happy with using this layout...as per the Business Traveller article today. Albeit the change to their service is or will be inline with BA and other Carriers using a trolley service instead of handing out drinks on trays.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...service-carts/
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:14 pm

The first NEOs will be in T3. Mostly on BCN, BUD, LIS and WAW.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
The first NEOs will be in T3. Mostly on BCN, BUD, LIS and WAW.
What is the reasoning for T3 and those routes?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
With the recent highlights of the difficulties faced by wheelchair users at LHR including the loss of Frank Gardiner's chair

https://inews.co.uk/news/frank-gardn...st-wheelchair/

and the undertaking given by LHR to start delivering wheelchairs at the aircraft door rather than baggage reclaim I was left wondering about the increase problems faced by people with restricted mobility in the 'densified' cabins.

I'm a pretty big guy - was a rugby prop once and I find aircraft toilets a pretty tight fit and getting smaller, goodness only knows how someone who needs some degree of assistance manages with the new even more cramped space flex cabins with their 'enhanced' toilet facilities.

At present of course the Montreal Convention prevents the taking of any action against an airline while the disabled person is actually on the aircraft - almost as though they are tolerated but not welcome but surely this cannot last and better facilities must be provided.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.