G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Confus
Why isn’t it a problem on (say) easyJet?
U2 don't have a business cabin with blocked middle seats so can have more weight in the front half of the aircraft.

LH is probably more similar to the issue with BA as they similarly block middle seats in business, and I understand LH have the same issue.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
Why isn’t it a problem on (say) easyJet?
Likely, due to BA having only 4 passengers in each Club Europe row, which will move the centre of gravity further back! U2 don’t have this problem.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Likely, due to BA having only 4 passengers in each Club Europe row, which will move the centre of gravity further back! U2 don’t have this problem.
Does anyone know how much the assembly for the now non-existent CE centre table weighs? I imagine removing that weight from 12 rows hasn’t helped matters.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe
I can't speak for Easyjet, but Vueling are also having a similar issue on their A320NEO's and have the rear seat row blocked out. They are encountering a lot of weight and balance issues, especially as there are usually so few bags checked in that a Loadplanner can use for counter-balance.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Today Aegean unveiled their new A320neo with a refreshed livery and interior.

I had a look at the pictures and they had:
  • Centre tables in the blocked middle seat in business class.
  • USB ports at eye level (not under the seat where you can’t see)
  • Phone/Tablet holder built into the seat.
  • Headrest on every seat.

When you compare this to the BA NEO it makes British Airways look very cheap and low cost.

I’m not bashing BA just making an observation of how different the NEO is at BA and how poor the seat quality in ET is.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Today Aegean unveiled their new A320neo with a refreshed livery and interior.

I had a look at the pictures and they had:
  • Centre tables in the blocked middle seat in business class.
  • USB ports at eye level (not under the seat where you can’t see)
  • Phone/Tablet holder built into the seat.
  • Headrest on every seat.

When you compare this to the BA NEO it makes British Airways look very cheap and low cost.

I’m not bashing BA just making an observation of how different the NEO is at BA and how poor the seat quality in ET is.
It does look good, although I dont think there is a headrest at every seat, the CGIs show the rear rows without headrests. The high level USB and device holders are great. The seat looks like a variant of the Pinnicle - it can be done!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Looks like the AA 738 Oasis seat to me - which does seem like a variant of the Pinnacle.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by skipness1E

Something akin to Lufthansa or KLM, not a major step up but better than being served shite and being asked to pretend it’s chocolate. How about that?
I flew a new skyinterior fitted KLM B737. While it may look nicer and have an ajustable headrest the seating is equally hard an uncomfortable as the new BA seats IMHO. And the food serverd in economy, well never mind.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:32 pm

Just came across this picture of an Iberia A320neo. As you can see, they have a sticker on every seat showing where the USB ports are (as they are also hidden behind your legs). I wonder why BA don’t use these, then passengers would actually be able to find them!

Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
They cost extra.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by florens
They cost extra.
.....and, over time, may become scruffy?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:56 pm

Well in response to my previous comment on the IB stickers, BA seem to be rolling them out. I have noticed in a few Trip Reports during lockdown that BA have fitted stickers onto the seat to indicate Wifi and charging points.

This is from a video on ‘My Trips’ channel on YouTube:

Old Jun 21, 2020, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Well in response to my previous comment on the IB stickers, BA seem to be rolling them out. I have noticed in a few Trip Reports during lockdown that BA have fitted stickers onto the seat to indicate Wifi and charging points.

This is from a video on ‘My Trips’ channel on YouTube:

Can these people not leave the latch straight?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:30 am

Just seen Simon Calder on a BA A320neo flight to Nice. He was sitting in row 29 and there were also people sitting in row 30. What happened to blocking the last two rows due to a balance issue? Have they dropped this to allow social distancing as much as possible?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
Airbus issued a software update a few months back, therefore it is no longer necessary have to have the last 2 rows blocked out.
alex67500 and BAeuro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.