G-NEOW
G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by APUBleed
.... What exactly is the difference between BA and Easyjet now?
Easyjet is more likely to be on time.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
The final enhancement was in-seat usb power in an exit row that actually didn’t work.
Are you sure? I’ve found on the Neo that they are turned on only once the plane has reached cruising altitude, or thereabouts.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Okay yes those ET seats look dire and striped to the bare bones. Sod doing anything over 2 hrs on them. As much as I ..... about my home airport of LGW never getting new stuff( even our aircraft tend to be LHR 'hand-me-downs') in this case whilst I tend to avoid ET you boys & girls at LHR are welcome to these lol.

On a side note I'm considering getting the exact seat dimensions and setting up a new company. We will only produce one product, it shall be seat cushions ( in the ilk of the neck pillows you get) and will be called "BA Bums" ( TM & Intellectual Properties Pending). Would anyone care to invest
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Easyjet is more likely to be on time.
Er, no it isn't. Check out CAA stats
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by sb1982

Are you sure? I’ve found on the Neo that they are turned on only once the plane has reached cruising altitude, or thereabouts.
Yeah tried during cruise for this reason. Maybe someone forgot to flick a switch.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Sorry, Easy aren't the timely ones at all. They're having serious problems with timekeeping between the summer storms and the various striking and incapable air traffic controllers (especially, of course, the French) combined with their short LCC turnaround. I don't think I've been on an afternoon or evening flight that arrived on time on Easy for months now, and I fly them weekly or so. Much the same operational issues as BA combined with even less schedule slack than BA is leading to chronic delays.

The back of the BA A320 NEOs does look awfully like a monochrome version of the new Easyjet seats, though.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Wow, those seats are atrocious. Frontier/Spirit level bad. I know they *just* densified with those pinnacle seats a few years ago too. At least the 'old' Pinnacle seats are reasonably comfortable and are stylish especially compared to the flying bus seats. Hawaiian only uses seats like these on 30-40 minute hops and really that's the only use case that makes sense to me.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
EZY achieve OTD rates simply by cancelling 50 flights at the slightest hint of somebody sneezing too much in Val-d'isčre. A flight can't be late if it never leaves

^^^ tongue in cheek i'm aware how it actually works
@flatlander - I think i read somewhere that they are in fact the exact same seat but laziness stops me checking the veracity of this statement

Last edited by TWCLAM; Aug 17, 2018 at 10:51 am Reason: adding
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Porky Speedpig
Er, no it isn't. Check out CAA stats
I stand corrected. OAG stats from January read 79% BA and 75% EZ on time. I do seem to remember a recent EZ campaign along those lines though.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

I stand corrected. OAG stats from January read 79% BA and 75% EZ on time. I do seem to remember a recent EZ campaign along those lines though.
I recall recent marketing from Air Baltic claiming to be either Europe's or the world's most punctual airline. Presumably there is a myriad of different ways of cutting it, depending on who you want to put at the top. Perhaps U2 is more punctual based only on it's LGW operations, or the most punctual for the first flight of the day, or the most punctual airline with an orange livery...
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
EZY achieve OTD rates simply by cancelling 50 flights at the slightest hint of somebody sneezing too much in Val-d'isčre. A flight can't be late if it never leaves

^^^ tongue in cheek i'm aware how it actually works
@flatlander - I think i read somewhere that they are in fact the exact same seat but laziness stops me checking the veracity of this statement
That's bollocks no matter how much you try to say "tongue-in-cheek". EZY generally try their best to keep thing moving. In 2.5 years of regular MAN-AMS-MAN travelling, I've only ever had 3 cancellations. And they have been due to atrocious weather at AMS.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Deltus
I recall recent marketing from Air Baltic claiming to be either Europe's or the world's most punctual airline.
Something along those lines in their in flight magazine.
Flew in their C Series yesterday. Lovely aircraft, lots of legroom for me (5’ 10”) and very good small moving map screens.
Sounds like a vast improvement over the Easy-a-like A320.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
however silly it may sound ill really miss the flight map.
What was supposed to happen by now is that the new onboard WIFI would cover this functionality. Unfortunately, while the aircraft are equipped for this, the regulatory sign off is being held up by various legal challenges from INMARSAT's competitors.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What was supposed to happen by now is that the new onboard WIFI would cover this functionality. Unfortunately, while the aircraft are equipped for this, the regulatory sign off is being held up by various legal challenges from INMARSAT's competitors.
I find holding my flight mode enabled smartphone close to the window to pick up a GPS location on Google maps does the trick when there’s no moving map!

and if you want the altitude, go to the compass.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:13 am

Another enhancement. No video screens anymore for the safety demo. Unless I’m mistaken if I recall they used to flip down. An audio announcement has replaced the video.
This is a true improvement. Way faster and also avoid the embarrassing new video

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.