G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
As far as I can see, for legroom to remain the same you have to take something out of the seat. The existing Recaro seats are pretty thin and lightweight as it is - there has to be a limit to how much more padding can be removed before they become seriously uncomfortable. If deployed on a AMS flight maybe that’s not too bad - OTP might well be a different matter.
I guess they're getting the same seats WizzAir currently uses. They're terrible and I get a back pain whenever I fly in them. Well done BA, hitting the new low.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to thank MFCC for the information provided here. I've heard a few snippets of late from crew sent to the training course but I'm grateful for this more coherent overview! The April event is supposed to be a full CE catering relaunch but I understand it's still in development mode. The after-breakfast-Mediums issue is well understood, or so I'm told.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
5’11” never once been too bothered by person in front reclining. If I want to grab a nap sitting bolt upright, how do I do this please?

Last edited by skipness1E; Dec 31, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
As far as I can see, for legroom to remain the same you have to take something out of the seat. The existing Recaro seats are pretty thin and lightweight as it is - there has to be a limit to how much more padding can be removed before they become seriously uncomfortable. If deployed on a AMS flight maybe that’s not too bad - OTP might well be a different matter.
I’m no expert on seat design, my only information on the seat is from reading comments on FT, which I’ve taken at face value. Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating. That notwithstanding, there are some improvements mentioned in the OP and hopefully that includes the much rumoured relaunch of the CE catering.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:53 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I’m no expert on seat design, my only information on the seat is from reading comments on FT, which I’ve taken at face value. Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating. That notwithstanding, there are some improvements mentioned in the OP and hopefully that includes the much rumoured relaunch of the CE catering.

Having experienced the modestly proportioned chicken salad and dessert on TXL-LHR this morning, I certainly hope so!

The trouble is, the vast majority of people affected by this will be sitting in Y, where it looks like there’s only more of the same in catering terms coupled with likely a worst seat experience. It’s not, if you’ll excuse the pun, a particularly appetising prospect on the face of it.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:57 pm

I'll echo others above - great news re no recline.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I wonder what effect this lot will have on the net promoter score?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

In what way is this a race to the bottom?

I see a number of significant improvements mentioned in the OP.
Don’t let that get in the way of some BA bashing. Points such as no recline I take to be a good thing.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Originally Posted by MFCC
  • All LHR 320 and 321CEOs to be retrofitted with new seating and SpaceFlex Galleys.
My commiserations to all BA crew
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by madfish

Don’t let that get in the way of some BA bashing. Points such as no recline I take to be a good thing.
Everyones opinion on this is valid. I am told by crew that the seats are significantly less comfortable, so if you view no recline as a win I would not be celebrating just yet.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:07 pm

Is the cupboard and bulkhead in front of 1ABC staying or going?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Worcester

Everyones opinion on this is valid. I am told by crew that the seats are significantly less comfortable, so if you view no recline as a win I would not be celebrating just yet.
from what I've heard, they'e the same as are fitted on the newer easyJet aircraft. And the wardrobe at the front is staying
Worcester likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Having experienced the modestly proportioned chicken salad and dessert on TXL-LHR this morning, I certainly hope so!

The trouble is, the vast majority of people affected by this will be sitting in Y, where it looks like there’s only more of the same in catering terms coupled with likely a worst seat experience. It’s not, if you’ll excuse the pun, a particularly appetising prospect on the face of it.
Oh I'm with you on all those points ... and if the seat turns out to be less comfortable than the current one I too will be joining in with the complaining! The medium band catering is woefully inadequate, here's hoping for more positive (and substantial) offerings come April.

Excellent news about the power supply, that is a very welcome development.
PJSMITH0 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
At 6’4” I’m happy with the lack of recline, I don’t normally recline myself and just get crushed knees when anyone in front does on the current seat. I gather that the new seats will have essentially the same amount of leg room due to them being less bulky.

As far as I’m concerned seeing USB power is a huge improvement over current and I wouldn’t be bothered by the lack of 110V power on any short flight. The iDevices will be happy!
ajamieson and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester

Opinons are valid, although making them before having the experience does negate the value of them. There are some posters on here so have so fat highlighted possible negatives but no positives. Anybody care to tell me how you charge your devices when on board at the moment? I think the OP makes a number of points that are both positive and negative.

As for seat recline, I’m firmly in the no recline camp. And I’ve done more than my fair share of long distance coach travel and a number of flights LH in Y.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.