Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can't find AA Economy MileSAAver inventory on BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

In the past I've been able to redeem Avios on domestic AA routes and my understanding is that BA redemptions are from the AA "Economy MileSAAver" bucket. I'm looking at a route that has Economy MileSAAver availability on AA.com but nothing is showing as available on BA.com, which is a shame as I have enough miles/Avios between AA and BA that I could book us redemptions one way in Coach via BA and the other in First via AA. (I do have enough AA miles to redeem round-trip in Coach if it comes to it.)

Is this possibly a transient BA IT issue that may eventually clear? Alternatively, If I can definitely see Economy MileSAAver availability on AA.com would a BA call center agent be able to see it and book me a redemption even though it's not showing on BA.com? Or is my understanding of how AA reward availability maps to BA faulty?

Many thanks as always to any experts here that can help.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Does your route involve a connecting flight? ba.com often has trouble displaying connecting flights with partners.
BA not showing AA flights
AA MileSAAver flights available but not showing on ba.com or ExpertFlyer
Booking connecting AA domestics with Avios: experience and advice
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Does your route involve a connecting flight? ba.com often has trouble displaying connecting flights with partners.
BA not showing AA flights
AA MileSAAver flights available but not showing on ba.com or ExpertFlyer
Booking connecting AA domestics with Avios: experience and advice
No, they are non-stop EWR-SJC or vice versa. Thanks for the links though - it does look like I should be able to book them by calling.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rpjs
No, they are non-stop EWR-SJC or vice versa. Thanks for the links though - it does look like I should be able to book them by calling.
Is that not an Alaska or United route? I'm not aware of any AA non-stops on that route.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by rpjs
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is that not an Alaska or United route? I'm not aware of any AA non-stops on that route.
Like C-W-S, looking at random dates I don't see AA operated EWR-SJC nonstop flights. What dates are you looking at?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Ah you good people are correct, they are indeed AS flights, which would explain why they're not on BA.com!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In terms of non-stop flights I think this is an AS route. There may be an AA codeshare on those flights but I am afraid it wouldn't be bookable under that AA codeshare with avios - reward flights are rarely (ever?) bookable under codeshares and usually only under the prime flight number.

Having said that AS flight themselves are bookable with avios but you do have to call to do it. They don't show on the reward search pages on ba.com . Some more information on booking AS with avios here Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios

EDIT: sorry rpjs, must have started my post just before you made your post above
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
In terms of non-stop flights I think this is an AS route. There may be an AA codeshare on those flights but I am afraid it wouldn't be bookable under that AA codeshare with avios - reward flights are rarely (ever?) bookable under codeshares and usually only under the prime flight number.

Having said that AS flight themselves are bookable with avios but you do have to call to do it. They don't show on the reward search pages on ba.com . Some more information on booking AS with avios here Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios

EDIT: sorry rpjs, must have started my post just before you made your post above
Thank you, and everyone else. The main thing is they are bookable through BA even though I'll have to call. Now to decide whether its worth splitting the booking between BA and AA and burning all our points on domestic F outbound or save some for a different trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.