Wiki Posts
Search

BA8747 LCY to UIP (Quimper)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
BA8747 LCY to UIP (Quimper)

Is there any transport available from the airport to Quimper ville when this flight arrives at 10:00 on a Saturday? It appears the Avis office is closed and there aren't any bus routes which serve the airport. Looking to do a weekend trip to Brittany but actually leaving the airport seems tricky!
Old May 21, 2019, 12:22 pm

There is a bus that leaves ~30 minutes after arrival that will take you from the airport to the train station. You just walk outside and cross the roundabout to get there. The route planning website says something about a reservation needed which seems new, so I can't speak to that.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by redct
The route planning website says something about a reservation needed which seems new, so I can't speak to that.
Yes that is new, I certainly didn't need to call when I used it last year, but the number is 02 98 95 26 27 and you need to call before 17 hrs CET the day before travel.
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Despite advertised hours, the BA flight is one of the few flight to arrive there, so the Avis hours Im sure will open for it. Basically someone comes up from the city office specially.

That was certainly the case when I went there
Old May 21, 2019, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think the bus doesn't run at weekend either, judging from the bus website. But yes, in common with many provincial French airports, car hire is pretty popular, there is also Hertz, Budget and Europcar.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:53 pm

We hired a car from this airport on a Saturday morning arrival last year - I’m pretty sure it was Avis. When we landed it was closed but the guy arrived 15 minutes later with his kid in tow! He was very friendly and explained that they had shifted the BA schedule and he had forgotten lol
Old May 22, 2019, 1:36 am
Suspended

I’d like Angers ANE to return at some point, or somewhere nearby.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by richardwft
I’d like Angers ANE to return at some point, or somewhere nearby.
That was a total nightmare for car hire too though! I had to pay an €80 "out of hours fee" to Europcar because my flight arrived at about 3pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Only in France...
Old May 22, 2019, 6:41 am
Suspended

Chalons-en-Champagne airport would be good for a weekend from LCY and with an IB code for possible TPs gathering onto Madrid.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; May 22, 2019 at 8:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.