SFO to Ireland - British Airways

Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by FB01
Thanks..so I should be able to get in the Tube to go to T5

Also, just curious what is the Arriving Lounge of BA in T5 called? Is there anything specific I need to look for so that I can find it easily
I though you were going from T5 to T2? Anyway it is a one stop trip from T5 to T2 on the tube. It is free only if you have an oyster card or a contactless debit/credit card as you still need to touch in and touch out otherwise you will have to pay the cash fare.

It is just called 'arrivals lounge'
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by eyeballer
He means next time you book, if you book a BA operated flight from LHR to DUB it will likely leave from T5 so you would have access to the Galleries lounges airside. For this trip you booked a BA codeshare flight operated by Aer Lingus so leaves out of T2 hence the need to do the terminal change.
Better again would be to book SFO to DUB nonstop on Aer Lingus rather than try to negotiate LHR.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Just one point to underscore since I think things may be a little confusing. If you are going to use the arrivals lounge in T5 (upstairs after you get out of passport control and baggage claim--just follow the signs), to get to T2 you need to take either the Tube or the Heathrow Express. These have different platforms in the basements of T5 if I recall (I've only taken the Heathrow Express) so you need to make a decision as to which you will take before you find the floor/platform. The Tube only takes contactless credit cards which are fairly rare in the US. I don't have one and I have half a dozen credit cards. You can also purchase a ticket. The Heathrow Express doesn't cost anything if you are getting off at T2/T3 (same stop) although they are always selling tickets to central London. If they stop you and ask you to purchase a ticket, just tell them you are transferring to T2. T2/T3 is one stop (about five minutes) and then you will follow the signs to T2. It's not as complicated as it sounds, but the first time you do it you will be a little unsure or nervous and that's normal. But everything should be fine.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You can also use an Oyster card on the Underground should you have one or wish to purchase one (though the level of faff intensifies), or Apple/Android Pay, if you are so equipped. There will be no charge to your card for travel between the Heathrow terminals.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
With the timings the OP has provided, I would focus on transferring directly from T5 to T2 upon arrival, via the airside buses (look for the purple Flight Connections signs, it is very easy), and then once in T2 use your Priority Pass to enjoy the Plaza Premium lounge, which I haven't visited but is well reviewed and of a high standard I understand.

With a 3.5 hour connection I wouldn't recommend going through the rigmarole of clearing immigration, visting the landside Arrivals lounge at T5, then travelling via Tube or Heathrow Express to T2 (then having to clear security at T2 etc) - personally I think there is not enough time for you to do this without quite a bit of rushing around and trying to navigate unfamiliar airport terminals.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would just point out that you will need to clear immigration either way with a connection to ROI.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.