Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

JFK First Lounge reopened [on 5th Oct 2018] after refurbishment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK First Lounge reopened [on 5th Oct 2018] after refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold

Didn’t look like it was preparing to open anytime soon when I passed by last night
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
looks great! good to see the enhancement of doors & plaster. hopefully this means improved champs past the plastic sheet!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Sitting in JFK Galleries now. Pretty busy and boy does it need some TLC. Let’s hope it’s next in line for an upgrade it looks even more tired than I do. No sign or info available regarding the First Lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
So, Alaska Lounge instead?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Sitting in JFK Galleries now. Pretty busy and boy does it need some TLC. Let’s hope it’s next in line for an upgrade it looks even more tired than I do. No sign or info available regarding the First Lounge.

The plan is that Galleries will also be refurbished.

Originally Posted by jmr50
It's not a O/W lounge but you can pay to enter and it's on priority pass
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jmr50
It would be an option if they didn’t constantly shut off access to Priority Pass citing capacity constraints.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The plan is that Galleries will also be refurbished.
I wonder how long that will be closed for refurbishment? I guess they might just close parts at a time and limit access during that period - no guests maybe, or maybe just refreshment vouchers for Silvers. Fun and Games indeed.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:55 pm

Staff still saying “next week” for F reopening this evening. Also said that it was basically finished and now just snagging issues - but that it is “looking amazing”. Now clearly visible through the sheet covering the door is a white fluorescent British Airways sign.

Also, while the GC lounge was an absolute zoo, full credit to the staff - all charming and going out of their ways to keep on top of the mess and make people welcome.

Last edited by jk156; Sep 26, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jk156
Staff still saying “next week” for F reopening this evening. Also said that it was basically finished and now just snagging issues - but that it is “looking amazing”. Now clearly visible through the sheet covering the door is a white fluorescent British Airways sign and speedbird
To add to this (as I was about to post a near identical post - guessing we are both in the lounge!), here is a picture I quickly took of the new reception area:

JFK new First lounge entrance

Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Gold
Any sign of this opening up today? Am traveling on BA 182 JFK LHR tonight. Will post here if it is!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Marriott / Delta
So, it definitely looks like any October 1st deadline has sailed by. Are there any additional benefits that someone flying in First Class receives when they go to the lounge?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Customers travelling in First use the Concorde Room.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum, VS Silver
Just came into the lounge. Lady at front desk told me it opens this Thursday. Who knows if it’s fake news or not...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Whirlwind2000
So, it definitely looks like any October 1st deadline has sailed by. Are there any additional benefits that someone flying in First Class receives when they go to the lounge?
I was there on Sunday evening. They gave me a voucher for 2 glasses of champagne as a GCH using the club lounge.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Wayland
I was there on Sunday evening. They gave me a voucher for 2 glasses of champagne as a GCH using the club lounge.
My oracle says Friday is the date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.