Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any rumours for F updates?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Any rumours for F updates?

I spoke to You first earlier about an F flight in late April I have and asked the guy if there were any changes or updates planned for F. He stated that due to the new menus and bedding in J being rolled out something will inevitably happen in F to keep it suitably ahead.
Obviously nothing else given away but has anyone heard of any updates due to land soon?

I saw the flower in the toilet and a weird amouse bouch type course was about to be added back or has been recently.

cheers
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The only specific is an unadvertised rollout of the White Company bedding to First, in line with CW. I wouldn't expect much more in the next year or so, the focus is understandably going to be CW.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The only specific is an unadvertised rollout of the White Company bedding to First, in line with CW.
Are the products exactly the same in First as in Club World?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
The only specific is an unadvertised rollout of the White Company bedding to First, in line with CW. I wouldn't expect much more in the next year or so, the focus is understandably going to be CW.
I heard this too, but from a different source. Not yet certain though. Is this definitely going ahead?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
Are the products exactly the same in First as in Club World?
Yes, as I understand it, and on JFK there have been some posts from travellers who have seen this rolled out already. CIHY also has confirmed elsewhere. Presumably the previous sous mattress remains due to the length of First.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:44 pm
Suspended

A380s will get some private First suites for full payment passengers to enjoy away from avios redemption passengers.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Dec 27, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by richardwft
A380s will get some private First suites for full payment passengers to enjoy away from avios redemption passengers.
I don’t quite follow, are you able to clarify what you mean?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I think the Christmas brandy is still in full flow.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes, as I understand it, and on JFK there have been some posts from travellers who have seen this rolled out already. CIHY also has confirmed elsewhere. Presumably the previous sous mattress remains due to the length of First.
Did I, I don’t remember?
I did say that the new pillows in First are also from the White Company but we didn’t know this until we looked at the label onboard.
I believe WT plus is the next inline for an upgrade.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA gold
CWS will know I'd like to see changes to WTP. Glad to hear that it might happen after all.

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I believe WT plus is the next inline for an upgrade.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by 225SG
I spoke to You first earlier about an F flight in late April I have and asked the guy if there were any changes or updates planned for F. He stated that due to the new menus and bedding in J being rolled out something will inevitably happen in F to keep it suitably ahead.
Obviously nothing else given away but has anyone heard of any updates due to land soon?

I saw the flower in the toilet and a weird amouse bouch type course was about to be added back or has been recently.

cheers
nothing major likely as they still need to roll out the cw changes and find a way to make them work (still huge teething issues - despite what some on here would have you believe.)

Next major change will be when the 350-1000s start to arrive. There will be a large reduction in F seat count and possibly the product removed from more routes altogether. Some possible A350 set-ups that were considered have no F seats at all. That will likely see the next big changes.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
The mattress that BA provides in F is sad. To get any comfort, I use my duvet as part of the mattress. But... the mattress and bedding on Qantas is awesome. BA is so far behind that I see little chance that they will even catch up with many other carriers.
Dave_C and choosethedrew like this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

The way I read it is that the seat area will be larger but with fewer seats, and the inherent supply vs demand around that.

I remember not too many years ago when F on BA was never discounted, when other carriers still had lazy boy recliners instead of lie flat beds in F. It was quite a treat and a novelty. Apart from a bit of tweaking, the basic seat design and footprint hasn’t really changed in 20 years. Certainly in the past ten years pretty much everyone else has caught up and have overtaken in terms of hard product.

If I may reminisce, on another note regarding J, BA really stung Virgin when they launched their CW flat beds not long after VS launched their short lived J2000 seats, the ones where you woke up finding yourself hunched up in a footwell. CW was ground breaking at the time, and just like F other than a few tweaks there’s been no real innovation for 15 years.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
The mattress that BA provides in F is sad. To get any comfort, I use my duvet as part of the mattress. But... the mattress and bedding on Qantas is awesome. BA is so far behind that I see little chance that they will even catch up with many other carriers.
Maybe I’m weird but I find the bed setup on BA F to be very comfy. If you want mattress comfort, try JAL F, where you are offered an option of either a hard or a soft mattress.

(Spoiler: I think it’s the same mattress, they just turn it over for hard or soft setting).
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Howard Long

Maybe I’m weird but I find the bed setup on BA F to be very comfy. If you want mattress comfort, try JAL F, where you are offered an option of either a hard or a soft mattress.

(Spoiler: I think it’s the same mattress, they just turn it over for hard or soft setting).
I have 4 JAL F segments of 12+hours each next year that I am immensely looking forward to. (Less so to the CA F)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.