Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Card Renewed Before Year End

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Smile CCR Card Renewed Before Year End

I was rather surprised to get a renewed CCR card to May 2019 this week. I have done a stupid amount of travel and passed 5k earlier this month but assumed I would get the replacement CCR and GGL cards when my year ends in April. If the CCR is sent out early why not other cards too?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes because it's not a status card, contrary to the impression sometimes apparent around here. You get another one at 10k and 15k unless you are within a month if your membership year (which triggers the renewal process). Think of it from the perspective of someone qualifying for the first time.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you CWS, I knew you would know
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by IThink
I have done a stupid amount of travel and passed 5k earlier this month
Was your extensive travel mainly for business purposes or MRs?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
HMmm...some inconsistencies here: I have never received a new CCR card at time of requalification and that has always happened months (often 6-10 months) before end of my tp year.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by orbitmic
HMmm...some inconsistencies here: I have never received a new CCR card at time of requalification and that has always happened months (often 6-10 months) before end of my tp year.
There seems to be inconsistencies as you say. Some people seem to not received them early (or even having to chase them up), yet some seem to receive them as soon as they have re-earned it.

I'm in the latter group no matter when I have re-qualified, but there seem to be quite a few people in the former group as well.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Not all extensive travel is due to business purposes or MRs. There are some of us who travel extensively for reasons other than those two (and some that cannot even be legitimately classified as leisure, such as commuting between multiple homes)
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
There seems to be inconsistencies as you say. Some people seem to not received them early (or even having to chase them up), yet some seem to receive them as soon as they have re-earned it.
I'm in the latter group no matter when I have re-qualified, but there seem to be quite a few people in the former group as well.
I'm very definitely in the former group sadly, apart from never having received a new card at time of requalification, this year, I hadn't even receive my new cards 5 months after the start of my new TP year, early 4 months after the old card expired (and nearly a full year after I requalified for it!). Chasing GGL led to my receiving the wrong card a couple of times (ie a reissued GGL card rather than the CCR card) and other requests entirely disappearing from the record. I was promised I'll get it by the end of 2017 and will be able to check that in a few days...

Meanwhile, I can't wait for separate CCR cards to be abolished and the information to become available on the GGL card in both physical and electronic versions.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
My CCR card normally arrives some two weeks after qualifying for another year.

Passing 5K on Aug 25, the new card valid through end of May 2019 arrived September 8
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
inconsistent indeed. The small original set of card holders still left (the 300 or so most frequent Concorde users now much smaller in size) seem to get them renewed very early and even for three years at a time.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by onobond
My CCR card normally arrives some two weeks after qualifying for another year.

Passing 5K on Aug 25, the new card valid through end of May 2019 arrived September 8
Gosh - mine is valid to August 18, and I renewed at 5000 TPs a few weeks ago - but nothing yet.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Never done a mileage run ..... oh tell a lie, I think I once tagged on an AbuDhabi - Muscat in BA First years and years ago when it was a good deal.
I think about 60% business and 40% pleasure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.