Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA CW Wash-bags Uses

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by MrsW

I never keep the flimsy CW bags, but I like the Anya Hindmarch zipped boxes that were issued in First a few years ago and use them for storing fragile Christmas tree decorations. They stack neatly into a box and live in the attic for 11 months of the year.
I have a full set of those Anya Hindmarch boxes and they're currently sitting on the bookshelves in my living room. I didn't like the velvet ones as much though they weren't as nice and not as good quality.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I still use my Anya Hindmarsh F zipped pouch from 2005 to this day as my travel toiletries bag. It’s frayed, over 12 years old - but I love it!
I use mine of around the same vintage (the Flying Boat heritage zippable squishy bag mentioned here: http://https://www.flyertalk.com/for...washbags.html) for all the stuff I'm going to need in-flight and a place to store my wallet, passport, and eyeglasses when I don't need them. I use a smaller J bag from around the same time (the zippered pinstripe ones that immediately followed the drawstring pinstripe ones) for all the junk I need on the go - charging cables, small flashlight, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc...

Scratch that last part about the J bag - I realized after I started looking for one that I am now using the slightly later soft Elemis bag pictured in this thread:

My First First! - BA First Class, Sydney to UK Return (& Paris, Ireland, Bangkok)

Last edited by mwalsh; Dec 27, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I found a stash of ~40 unopened BA F/AA F/AA J washbags when I moved house.... I eBayed them all with a mental note never to take a J Bag again
I have a cupboard filled with old bags going back decades and a drawer set filled with moisturiser/lip balm/toothbrushes/toothpaste etc. I use them when I need to or when I have someone staying over.
Originally Posted by mwalsh
I use mine of around the same vintage (the Flying Boat heritage zippable squishy bag mentioned here: http://https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1421924-flyertalk-campaign-time-ba-change-ghastly-f-washbags.html) for all the stuff I'm going to need in-flight and a place to store my wallet, passport, and eyeglasses when I don't need them. I use a smaller J bag from around the same time (the zippered pinstripe ones that immediately followed the drawstring pinstripe ones) for all the junk I need on the go - charging cables, small flashlight, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc...
There are a few BA F Anya Hindmarch ones (grey/brown flying boat etc.) that are filled with my travel gear USB chargers, cables etc. as well as one I use as my cabin bag. This has earplugs, inflatable neck pillow, batteries, headache tablets, pen, plasters, sleeping tablets, headphone extension cable etc.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Dec 27, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
The old Anya Hindmarch F bags with the flying boat were great - still use one as a travel wash bag sometimes.

Back to the modern CW bags .... they just accommodate a child's recorder and the accompanying book. So my two use them for school recorder club. They make good shoe bags too .... except that we don't have enough shoes for them all!

Regards

PR
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Blue
I find it perfect for storing my asthma inhalers in!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
One has my cocktail shaker set in. The only reason said set is in my house is after experiencing espresso martinis in the Cathay lounge courtesy of a reccomendation on here... So it’s all your fault
LCSinTexas and JayeJ like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
One has my cocktail shaker set in. The only reason said set is in my house is after experiencing espresso martinis in the Cathay lounge courtesy of a reccomendation on here... So it’s all your fault
Your handle has just reminded me the wife carries our bike tools in one of the KLM (pencil case style) bags we got years ago.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:43 am

I love the drawstring bags. They may not be the prettiest amenity bags, but they are by far the ones I use most.

Mostly for things already said here - a lot serve as shoe bags, and the different colours are used to file different shoes; laundry bags (for both clean and dirty 'smalls'); cable bags; also I like to stuff one into my briefcase, so that I can decant the stuff I will use in flight just before boarding, and can then stash my bag out of the way in the overhead bins.

Although I have quite a stash of them, I will miss them when they're gone. I have a nice collection of amenity bags from other airlines, but other than storing the occasional rarely-used electronic gizmo in my technology cupboard, I don't really use them that much.
FIFAFLYER and JayeJ like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I love the drawstring bags. They may not be the prettiest amenity bags, but they are by far the ones I use most.

Mostly for things already said here - a lot serve as shoe bags, and the different colours are used to file different shoes; laundry bags (for both clean and dirty 'smalls'); cable bags; also I like to stuff one into my briefcase, so that I can decant the stuff I will use in flight just before boarding, and can then stash my bag out of the way in the overhead bins.

Although I have quite a stash of them, I will miss them when they're gone. I have a nice collection of amenity bags from other airlines, but other than storing the occasional rarely-used electronic gizmo in my technology cupboard, I don't really use them that much.
Very similar for me I have a lot of these bags, and use them for all kinds of things including to organize belongings better in my suitcases: one or two dresses rolled up fit nicely in each, socks in another, lingerie, pjs and stuff I need for a long haul/, shoes in another, cables and plugs, etc.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:09 am

If anyone has spares that they dont need, i will happily take them off your hands. I always hope someone has left one that they dont want on the chair as i am leaving Y but i have never been lucky- i have seen other people get there before me though.

i just love airline bags- i use them for absolutely everything everyday
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
If anyone has spares that they dont need, i will happily take them off your hands. I always hope someone has left one that they dont want on the chair as i am leaving Y but i have never been lucky- i have seen other people get there before me though.

i just love airline bags- i use them for absolutely everything everyday
If you pay the postage, you are welcome to a selection of the (mainly) BA amenity kits that I have. Send me a PM.

To answer the thread topic, I don't really like the shoe bag design, because it does not fit my shoes. However, great for the guest hairdryer or to give away from time to time. I have used the BA first ones in the past for anything from cables to my electric toothbrush.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
I am stunned how negative the feedback is for the CW amenity bag and the fetish for bags in general on this forum . I totally love it and find it highly practical. Great as a backup to carry any makeup or beauty products. When the kids were younger I used them to store bits in the bottom tray of the buggy/pram. They were especially great for sun cream medication and even nappies, in later years I have found they work great to store old leather purses. The kids also use them for some for storage of some their toys.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
A most interesting thread - I have to say that there was nothing here - apart from the Christmas Decorations storage which Ms Scrooge here has no need for. I still have any amount of the things, When I see what other airlines issue and it is really embarrasing - who'd want to give the, house room?

As for Anya Hindmarsh - I'm in a minority as I just thought it was a lot of retro-tat in material once used for night train mail sacks. I was never so surprised when she designed (says she, cobbled together says I) bag for Sainsburys about 12 or so years ago and people queued at dawn to buy one. I wouldn't have kept my washing in one.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:39 am

Keep the ipad in it when we are going on holiday
also use them to keep everything like keys wallet etc in when we put them into the hotel safe-it is all too easy for keys etc to get lost in the corner
Also good for keeping suntan lotion in in the beach bag
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lavajava
If you pay the postage, you are welcome to a selection of the (mainly) BA amenity kits that I have. Send me a PM.

To answer the thread topic, I don't really like the shoe bag design, because it does not fit my shoes. However, great for the guest hairdryer or to give away from time to time. I have used the BA first ones in the past for anything from cables to my electric toothbrush.
I would like to publicly thank Lavajava for sending me kits! i am going on Y long haul in May and i am going to be using one of them to pretend i am a bit higher up (i have never been on business before!). Thank you so much! Its made my year!! Flyertalk is brilliant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.