Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA CW Wash-bags Uses

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Anyone got anything useful to do with the new CW “pouch” yet?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Anyone got anything useful to do with the new CW “pouch” yet?
The OH uses an AA one as our travelling medical kit.

The problem is you end up running out of personal/family applications fairly quickly.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I noticed my wife has started to find uses for the various assortment of amenity bags collected over the years after she complained they were taking up too much space in the bottom of her wardrobe leaving no room for her shoe collection. I had suggested she stopped buying shoes.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The old (90s) grey leather/plastic First one that I kept has had my travelling shoe shine kit in it for many years.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA
Mine are being used for:

​​​​​​1. Storing my sous vide circulator.
2. Keeping stringhopper mats (srilankan rice based food)
3. Storing a set of GHD tongs
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:17 am

Good bags like CX gets used for toiletries etc. Other bags gets restocked and donated to charities.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
One for all electrical cables & portable batteries. One for non-liquids toiletries like toothbrush and razor. Works well, and they pack down well.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
What do the New bags look like? We will be flying CW in July.

i rather like the current ones, with the London skyline silhouette. Last flight we both were handed the navy blue, which on previous flights had been for men, while women received one in aquamarine. I still have several,of those and generally use them for packing socks and underwear. My husband uses his for electronics and cables.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The better quality zip up ones serve as lovely bags for parking meter change. They fit beautifully in the compartment inside the driver’s door.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
TOH and I use them as cover for our iPads when travelling.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
The hideous shoe bags I’ve received have either had their contents used and then left on board and once or twice I used it (with warm water) to clean the seat area- they really are a low point in airline amenity kits. Fortunately I have a rather substantial collection from other airlines which along with the old BA blue zipped Elemis and the smart new White Company ones are used for - gym toiletries, chargers, medication when travelling, electric razors, stationery, first aid kits and one for my nephews crayons.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm surprised all you regular flyers bother taking the amenity kits. If I were flying every other week I certainly wouldn't as I would be carrying the essentials needed for a long haul flight.
We only take them for novelty value as we don't often get the chance to get away.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:55 pm
Suspended

I personally use them for clean socks or undies when packing. I prefer the Emirates bags for cables and adapters. I plan to use unused BA ones as candy bags this year to give to kids...
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:15 pm

All of my BA washbags seem to disappear shortly after I list them on eBay.

Problem solved.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Silly philosophical question, but how can you be off topic when you define the topic of a thread? OP, your topic is BA related and people clearly have a lot to say about it, I'd say your topic is totally relevant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.