Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeper service JFK - LHR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Sleeper service JFK - LHR

I've booked Mrs Bus and Midibus in J (UUA) on BA114 when they come back from their trip to the US in August.

I'm familiar with sleeper service on the RUH-LHR route.

114 is a sleeper route. Is the food in the T7 lounge any good?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you don’t eat in the lounge there is plenty of food onboard, we don’t really do a reduced sleeper service any longer.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:14 am

We did this in late November. The food in the Club World dining area was horrible. The food in the normal part of the lounge was okay and the food in the first part (I.e. BA Gold or equivalent) was pretty good.

The food on board the plane was fantastic.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
It’s fine and plentiful, unless they have super high standards.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by londonbus
Is the food in the T7 lounge any good?
It's mediocre at best. Why not eat in Manhattan and then head out to the airport?
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hypercrypt
We did this in late November. The food in the Club World dining area was horrible. The food in the normal part of the lounge was okay and the food in the first part (I.e. BA Gold or equivalent) was pretty good.

The food on board the plane was fantastic.
What food is typically on offer in the JFK BA first class lounge (not CCR)? I haven't flown through T7 in ages. But last time I was there the flight left about 7pm ish and the only food was cold sandwiches, cheese and chocolate bars. The food on offer in the BA business lounge (not the Club pre dining) was slightly better.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Didn’t read the reply properly.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
We have never just had cold sandwiches, cheese and chocolate bars?
Well the food in the BA T7 First lounge was underwhelming, I don't recall any hot food options. Anyway what is typically on offer these days?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:01 am

The only problem with the new CW food out of JFK is it's so much better than the pre flight dining that it tempts people to eat on the plane instead of the lounge thereby negating the main benefit of the sleeper service. It doesn't take many people dining for the service & cutlery chinking to disturb my sleep. Hopefully they will up the quality of the lounge offering or make UD a no dining area for those who just want to sleep.

The general lounge buffet in GC/GF is also pretty poor along with the lounge itself. Hopefully the refurbishment will bring things up to the standard of the excellent Boston lounge.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
The stuff that is cooked fresh in front of you is sometimes decent. I’ve recently had Tacos and noodles. Both were perfectly adequate pre-flight food.

Im not a hater of the Club dining at JFK but clearly I’m in the minority here!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mda03jb
Hopefully they will up the quality of the lounge offering or make UD a no dining area for those who just want to sleep
Tricky on the regular 777 service..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.