Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Today

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I will be around this morning from around 10-12 if any FTers are around, will be in 1K at the bar.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Another early Monday visit to CCR - First Wing rammed at 05.45 with queue back to secondary boarding pass check. Flounce busy and CCR busiest I’ve seen this year on a Monday but seated and fed in an efficient and friendly way - been noticeably warmer service since start of new year but I didn’t travel lots in December so may have started earlier.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
In the CCR at the moment and service on the terrace is fairly frequent, every few minutes or so someone is walking around, after a patch earlier of no-one at all.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Just reviving thread to rant about the incredibly loud snoring in the CCR - guy asleep (lying full length) on couch beside the dining area. I know it’s early, but c’mon - isn’t that why BA has the cabanas?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Just reviving thread to rant about the incredibly loud snoring in the CCR - guy asleep (lying full length) on couch beside the dining area. I know it’s early, but c’mon - isn’t that why BA has the cabanas?
agreed though sadly it’s often hard/impossible to book a cabana in the early morning on busy days.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
If it's any consolation, if he's that asleep possible he misses his flight...
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ lorcancoyle - oh how I am with you on this one.

He should be awoken and told it’s simply not acceptable in the CCR. But told by BA personnel - not by other pax.

Just what have BA got to lose by imposing some sort of basic, minimum standards in a case like this ?? They might damage the feelings of just one (selfish) individual, but I venture to say they would win the goodwill, support, and appreciation of many others.

Imagine somebody behaving like this just outside the afternoon tea room at Claridge’s.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Perhaps Hiddy has sneaked in and is waiting for the GLA flight?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by orbitmic

agreed though sadly it’s often hard/impossible to book a cabana in the early morning on busy days.
then take it to the First lounge or Galleries Club
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Managed all of 5 mins in the CCR this morning due to it taking more than an hour to get across from T3. Two buses, long long queues, no fast track at N security and all in paid F. What a wonderful service
Markie, orbitmic and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Managed all of 5 mins in the CCR this morning due to it taking more than an hour to get across from T3. Two buses, long long queues, no fast track at N security and all in paid F. What a wonderful service
In the mornings generally, and particularly during school holiday peaks, you're best off going via the UK border e-gates, out to landside and then the First Wing.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
phew! Glad it wasn’t just me. He was winding me up, but I’m aware I’m less tolerant of slipping standards than many! However, treating the CCR as a youth hostel and racking out on the sofas surrounded by a mess of your personal possessions is disrespectful to fellow passengers in my mind - particularly when cabanas are available. Fortunately I was just passing through; and it would have been unfair to expect the staff to wake up and move him ......
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Unfortunately, whilst O/D experience for F and GCH passengers has very significantly improved in recent years, that of transfer passengers (except from domestic) is still very poor. The trick suggested by cws is undoubtedly a way to reduce the frustration, but quite frankly, no transfer passenger in paid F (and arguably no transfer passenger in premium class or with high frequent flyer status) should have to need to find such roundabout ways to have a smooth and reasonably timed transfer.

Transfers from T5 to T3 are even worse as any attempt to exit to reenter is punishing and as HAL employees have a very bad tendency to send non priority passengers to flood the priority queue if the former looks busy so that the latter frequently becomes wholly ineffective.

So personally, I fully agree with ThatT1Feeling and think that it is high time BA started to invest some thought in the experience of transfer passengers (again, except from domestic which is generally well taken care of in my view)
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The transfer process from T3 to T5 can be poor. we arrived from HKG with CX at about 0625 at the end of april and there was a massive queue ( 4-5 full length lines at the flight connections point to wait for buses to T5). To be fair to HAL more buses came shortly after the bus left so it was about a 15-20min wait.

at T5 border control for domestic flights ( even the e gates ) looked long so my mother and I went landside at T5 then through the first wing.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:55 am
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In the mornings generally, and particularly during school holiday peaks, you're best off going via the UK border e-gates, out to landside and then the First Wing.
Will you need a landing card to do this, or is that not necessary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.