FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Reward Flight Saver Aberdeen (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1884061-reward-flight-saver-aberdeen.html)

hungry Dec 22, 2017 3:19 am

Reward Flight Saver Aberdeen

Hi

I am looking to book two tickets LHR to ABZ on Sat 14th April 2018. It is an off peak day.

And on Mon 16th April 2018 I need one ticket ABZ to LHR. It is also an off peak day.

Business Class.

But... on Sat the LHR-ABZ RFS is 9000 Avios PLUS £25, per person
On Mon the ABZ-LHR RFS is 7750 Avios PLUS £25, per person.

Does anyone know how come there is such a big difference in Avios needed?

Thanks a lot

madfish Dec 22, 2017 3:21 am

9,000 avios plus £25 is for CE on a peak day. 7,750 is off-peak. Again this is for CE.

KARFA Dec 22, 2017 3:23 am

Originally Posted by hungry (Post 29204436)
Hi

I am looking to book two tickets LHR to ABZ on Sat 14th April 2018. It is an off peak day.

And on Mon 16th April 2018 I need one ticket ABZ to LHR. It is also an off peak day.

Business Class.

But... on Sat the LHR-ABZ RFS is 9000 Avios PLUS £25, per person
On Mon the ABZ-LHR RFS is 7750 Avios PLUS £25, per person.

Does anyone know how come there is such a big difference in Avios needed?

Thanks a lot

They aren't both off peak days according to the reward calendar on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...reward-flights click on "working out the cost" tab and then the "Learn more and view the British Airways peak and off-peak calendar" link. 14 April is peak, and 16 April is off-peak.

dsf Dec 22, 2017 3:26 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 29204446)
They aren't both off peak days according to the reward calendar on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...reward-flights click on "working out the cost" tab and then the "Learn more and view the British Airways peak and off-peak calendar" link. 14 April is peak, and 16 April is off-peak.

Seems a bit annoying that you would have to find and trust the calendar rather than the booking engine itself :(

hungry Dec 22, 2017 3:32 am

How strange. When booking on BA it does say that Sat 14th is an Off Peak Day.

hungry Dec 22, 2017 4:10 am

If I call the Silver Line is it likely they will sort it for the 7500 plus £25 each? Since they advertise it as an Off Peak day on their website..

Thanks

rossmacd Dec 22, 2017 4:14 am

I'd just booking it on the website - you'll be on hold for ~20mins, so I'm not sure if a handful of Avios is worth that.

hungry Dec 22, 2017 4:18 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 29204527)
I'd just booking it on the website - you'll be on hold for ~20mins, so I'm not sure if a handful of Avios is worth that.

Hmm good point.. very shoddy really.

On another note, is Aberdeen good to go to for a City Break? Is there enough to do there for two nights?

Thanks

JamieABZ Dec 22, 2017 4:51 am

In the city itself not a huge amount of interest really. We have a really nice beach but you need to catch a few days in July when it's hot enough to enjoy it!
The best thing is to hire a car and get out into the countryside, some great castles, whisky distilleries, Brew Dog brewery tour is interesting. Deeside is beautiful.

ballogie Dec 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by hungry (Post 29204541)
Hmm good point.. very shoddy really.

On another note, is Aberdeen good to go to for a City Break? Is there enough to do there for two nights?

Thanks

God, no
Hire a car and get out of town

cysyuen Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by ballogie (Post 29206072)
God, no
Hire a car and get out of town

Probably head to Edinburgh instead and get a car to go to nearby place like doing the Fife Coastal walk?

BESTEDIFLYER Dec 22, 2017 7:28 pm

If you fancy Aberdeen go it's a great place but don't drive it's a nightmare these days, too many cars and not enough roads. The German Market in Broad Street is best avoided at the moment pretty poor compared to Edinburgh and Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Just had a week-end there in Aberdeen but have the advantage of having lived there for a few years and sort of know my way around. Edinburgh is good too, back there just after the New Year.

offtothehills Dec 23, 2017 4:07 am

BA's database is dreadful, it would benefit BA financially to invest in a decent architect. Not least the general public.

hungry Jan 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. I still feel cheated by the Avios, but hey ho.

How much does the airport express bus cost from the Airport to City Centre (and v/v)? I think its the 727?

Thanks again

Fluzz Jan 12, 2018 6:05 am

It's £3.50 each for a day ticket. Don't ask for a single, it appears to be £1 more... that's Aberdeen in a nutshell, really.

I'm glad you're going- Aberdeen has been resting on its oily laurels for decades and only now, far far too late does there seem to be any momentum behind the "you know, people might want to come for a visit" idea.

It's not a bad place really but like others have said the most touristy stuff probably involves a day's hire car to get out and about a bit- public transport is not really much good for where you'd want to go. Perhaps do one day in the city and one in the country. There are plenty of blogs and articles with all the hidden gems of the area scattered around the internet given we are trying to appeal to visitors now.

Signed
A hypocrite who left the city to it's fate and moved to Glasgow ;)