Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Flight Saver Aberdeen

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Reward Flight Saver Aberdeen

Hi

I am looking to book two tickets LHR to ABZ on Sat 14th April 2018. It is an off peak day.

And on Mon 16th April 2018 I need one ticket ABZ to LHR. It is also an off peak day.

Business Class.

But... on Sat the LHR-ABZ RFS is 9000 Avios PLUS £25, per person
On Mon the ABZ-LHR RFS is 7750 Avios PLUS £25, per person.

Does anyone know how come there is such a big difference in Avios needed?

Thanks a lot
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
9,000 avios plus £25 is for CE on a peak day. 7,750 is off-peak. Again this is for CE.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hungry
Hi

I am looking to book two tickets LHR to ABZ on Sat 14th April 2018. It is an off peak day.

And on Mon 16th April 2018 I need one ticket ABZ to LHR. It is also an off peak day.

Business Class.

But... on Sat the LHR-ABZ RFS is 9000 Avios PLUS £25, per person
On Mon the ABZ-LHR RFS is 7750 Avios PLUS £25, per person.

Does anyone know how come there is such a big difference in Avios needed?

Thanks a lot
They aren't both off peak days according to the reward calendar on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...reward-flights click on "working out the cost" tab and then the "Learn more and view the British Airways peak and off-peak calendar" link. 14 April is peak, and 16 April is off-peak.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:26 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by KARFA
They aren't both off peak days according to the reward calendar on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...reward-flights click on "working out the cost" tab and then the "Learn more and view the British Airways peak and off-peak calendar" link. 14 April is peak, and 16 April is off-peak.
Seems a bit annoying that you would have to find and trust the calendar rather than the booking engine itself
Attached Images   
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:32 am
Original Poster

How strange. When booking on BA it does say that Sat 14th is an Off Peak Day.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:10 am
Original Poster

If I call the Silver Line is it likely they will sort it for the 7500 plus £25 each? Since they advertise it as an Off Peak day on their website..

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:14 am

I'd just booking it on the website - you'll be on hold for ~20mins, so I'm not sure if a handful of Avios is worth that.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I'd just booking it on the website - you'll be on hold for ~20mins, so I'm not sure if a handful of Avios is worth that.
Hmm good point.. very shoddy really.

On another note, is Aberdeen good to go to for a City Break? Is there enough to do there for two nights?

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
In the city itself not a huge amount of interest really. We have a really nice beach but you need to catch a few days in July when it's hot enough to enjoy it!
The best thing is to hire a car and get out into the countryside, some great castles, whisky distilleries, Brew Dog brewery tour is interesting. Deeside is beautiful.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hungry
Hmm good point.. very shoddy really.

On another note, is Aberdeen good to go to for a City Break? Is there enough to do there for two nights?

Thanks
God, no
Hire a car and get out of town
offtothehills likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by ballogie
God, no
Hire a car and get out of town
Probably head to Edinburgh instead and get a car to go to nearby place like doing the Fife Coastal walk?
offtothehills likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
If you fancy Aberdeen go it's a great place but don't drive it's a nightmare these days, too many cars and not enough roads. The German Market in Broad Street is best avoided at the moment pretty poor compared to Edinburgh and Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Just had a week-end there in Aberdeen but have the advantage of having lived there for a few years and sort of know my way around. Edinburgh is good too, back there just after the New Year.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: EK,BA,QR
BA's database is dreadful, it would benefit BA financially to invest in a decent architect. Not least the general public.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help everyone. I still feel cheated by the Avios, but hey ho.

How much does the airport express bus cost from the Airport to City Centre (and v/v)? I think its the 727?

Thanks again
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze
It's £3.50 each for a day ticket. Don't ask for a single, it appears to be £1 more... that's Aberdeen in a nutshell, really.

I'm glad you're going- Aberdeen has been resting on its oily laurels for decades and only now, far far too late does there seem to be any momentum behind the "you know, people might want to come for a visit" idea.

It's not a bad place really but like others have said the most touristy stuff probably involves a day's hire car to get out and about a bit- public transport is not really much good for where you'd want to go. Perhaps do one day in the city and one in the country. There are plenty of blogs and articles with all the hidden gems of the area scattered around the internet given we are trying to appeal to visitors now.

Signed
A hypocrite who left the city to it's fate and moved to Glasgow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.