Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
This thread is dedicated to explaining some of the reasons why OLCI (Online Check-in) doesn't work on British Airways' website BA.com and / or its App software. The first post give the main reasons, and subsequent posts give more background. By all means reach out in this thread if you are still unsure. If you are new to the BA Forum - perhaps Google brought you here - have a look in the forum's stickies and Dashboard for more reference material.

Note that there is a HTML typo in the first link of the first thread. Try this instead: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

See this by corporate-wage-slave which might possibly be the case but it could be several things. I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ficulties.html

10) IT glitch on Europe to UK boarding passes
Sometimes someone returning to the UK will not be allowed a boarding pass - with a message suggesting that a passport check is required. This appears to be an occasional glitch on BA.com and the App. It's annoying but at the airport nothing will be amiss, and a boarding pass will be readily obtained. See post 2 for one partial workaround.

The flight at present is showing zero across the board fyi.

BA 799
HEL 06/30/18 5:10 PM
LHR06/30/18 6:15 PM
Daily
79% / 19m
J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0
N0 Q0 O0 S0 G0
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by PETER01
See this by corporate-wage-slave which might possibly be the case but it could be several things. I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ficulties.html

10) IT glitch on Europe to UK boarding passes
Sometimes someone returning to the UK will not be allowed a boarding pass - with a message suggesting that a passport check is required. This appears to be an occasional glitch on BA.com and the App. It's annoying but at the airport nothing will be amiss, and a boarding pass will be readily obtained. See post 2 for one partial workaround.

The flight at present is showing zero across the board fyi.

BA 799
HEL 06/30/18 5:10 PM
LHR06/30/18 6:15 PM
Daily
79% / 19m
J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0
N0 Q0 O0 S0 G0

Thanks fingers crossed all is well at the airport tomorrow
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Thanks fingers crossed all is well at the airport tomorrow
Good you have checked in early though and if possible please let us know how you get on as everyone likes an ending to a story
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
Good you have checked in early though and if possible please let us know how you get on as everyone likes an ending to a story

will update before I depart. Thanks.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
will update before I depart. Thanks.
Its the week after midsummer so perfectly normal to run full.

At worst you end up on Finnair a bit later with some denied boarding comp too. Or worst worst finnair to stockholm then on BA.

if this was a less than daily flight then fret perhaps, but not on this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DFB_london

Its the week after midsummer so perfectly normal to run full.

At worst you end up on Finnair a bit later with some denied boarding comp too. Or worst worst finnair to stockholm then on BA.

if this was a less than daily flight then fret perhaps, but not on this.
The 5:10 flight is the last one direct on that day. Then there are options to fly through VIE, TXL or PRG on OneWorld carriers, or through AMS on KL.
Personally, I wouldn't mind staying one night in Helsinki on BA's cost, flying the following morning at 8:00 am on AY A359 in J to LHR, and in the end getting the compensation under the EU261.
But only one J ticket left for this AY1331 A359 flight on Sunday.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I couldn't check in the other day cuz I got a SSSS screening on my printed pass.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I haven't checked this but note that if this is an A320 to HEL then row 6 hasn't got an air nozzle, which may be rather useful given the current climatic conditions (CWS says whilst he is in Doha). A319 / A321 aren't so afflicted

If you have the check-in status then you merely need to arrive a few minutes earlier than normal to retrieve the boarding pass, or if connecting BA can issue it after T3 security. EDI would also be able to resolve, if that was relevant.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:05 am

My check-in had went through it was just an issue with the boarding pass on the App. So I now have the old school paper version

Just waiting at the first lot of Security, it's a busy airport at HEL today

End of Mid-Summer it was to be expected
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Can't check-in online... (Amex 241 in F)

Hi all - the wife and I are booked on BA7 (LHR-HND) tomorrow in F via our Amex 241. Online check in is not available for me (GCH, for what its worth), although my wife (silver) has checked-in just fine. The seat map looks full, and I'm concerned the flight is oversold given a few issues reported on the forum historically. Can anyone see if the flight is overbooked? What is my best course of action - is it possible to ring BA today and try and move to a flight with F availability for us both? Any help much appreciated. J
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
It's showing F0A0
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
It's showing F0A0
Thanks - sorry, I’m not a pro with ExpertFlyer - does that mean zero seats available but not oversold, or likely oversold? Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
The seat map currently shows all seats occupied bar 4E which is blocked.

If you haven't already done so, I would give BA a call to see what is going on. If only to put your mind at ease. There is more availability in J but that won't be an option you will really want to take, although there isn't much else available to get you to HND that day.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jamieharvey

Thanks - sorry, I’m not a pro with ExpertFlyer - does that mean zero seats available but not oversold, or likely oversold? Thanks!
I'm not an expert either - hopefully one will be along soon
Seat mat is showing all occupied except 4E which is blocked

Good luck!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Jamieharvey

F and A are the two fare buckets that seats in first are sold under. Basically this means that BA are not selling any more seats in first for this flight (at the present moment). It doesn't mean that they aren't oversold, although oversales in F are fairly rare.

What seat did you and your partner choose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.