Wiki Posts
Search

Earliest Bag Drop at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
Earliest Bag Drop at AMS

We are traveling from AMS to HKG next week with a 1600 departure time from AMS to LHR. As we are heading to AMS the night before we would like to take the kids to downtown Amsterdam for a few hours in the morning, ideally without a mountain of luggage....

Does anyone know how early you can check in bags for BA flights at AMS? We are traveling in J
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Well, I expect the desks are open most of the time, but I also frankly expect the Aviapartner staff operating for BA to be unhelpful.

Is leaving bags at your hotel an option? If you're staying at one of the airport hotels, I'm sure the Sheraton or Hilton would hold bags, and I know the CitizenM will.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Schiphol has left luggage lockers.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
Lockers could work, saves going back to the hotel to collect bags.

Just found a video showing their location, thanks for the info
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by barney2201
We are traveling from AMS to HKG next week with a 1600 departure time from AMS to LHR. As we are heading to AMS the night before we would like to take the kids to downtown Amsterdam for a few hours in the morning, ideally without a mountain of luggage....

Does anyone know how early you can check in bags for BA flights at AMS? We are traveling in J
In the past - failing the granting of a late checkout - I have checked out of the Hilton (leaving my luggage with the bellman) - got the train into town, done a river sightseeing trip and a wander around - before returning for an afternoon departure. The fact that all the connections between the hotel, train station and checkin are walking makes the planning from a time point of view quite robust. Both the Sheraton and Hilton are connected to the airport by a walkway.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:01 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by barney2201

Barney2201,

Checked today, you can drop/check in your luggage already in the morning before heading downtown.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Schiphol has left luggage lockers.
Are they available on the land side before security?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by flatlander
Are they available on the land side before security?
Yes AMS bag storage - pre security in arrivals 1 and 2
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
If it’s of any indication, I checked my luggage in at 07:00hrs for an 11:45hrs flight with no problem the other day.

S
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
That's useful to know! Thanks, I didn't know because I rarely go around departures 1 and 2 at AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.